RadioShack

Updated Dec 19, 2013

RadioShack CEO Joseph C. Magnacca

Joseph C. Magnacca

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The job is what you make of it, but don't get stuck.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt is challenging and fun.

ConsThe pay is much less than it should be and the hours are a downside as well.

Always changing how to compensate employees

Houston, TX

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Proswork with base pay plus commission

ConsVery low pay. Not very structured. They will MAKE you sell warranties and place unnecessary pressure to sell without the proper compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to give raises! They seem to be nonexistent in your company.

bad

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 5 years

Prosnothing was good. none at all. I would not recommend this company to anyone. very bad experience. very bad corporation.

Conseverything was bad. all of it. Same as stated above. this company hates its employees. treats them like trash. not worth the time.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people right

somewhat ok

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

ProsIts a very easy job. Only when you deal with people its a whole different level.

ConsComputer training. Not enough pay

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to train their employees better

Don't stop here its worthless

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

ProsGood sales associates. Liked playing with the new phones. Terrible buisness models. Att reps are amazing.

ConsManagment at store level and district manager will stab you in the back if they get an opportunity. Made complaint to hr about managment forging time cards and nothing happened. Terrible training and huge pay cut. Unethical company in 2011 rated #3 worst company in the US to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management at every level.

It's great if you love cell phones

Wireless Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

ProsCommission is controlled by you

ConsPrices are sometimes not comparable to competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementAward top salesman

Good work place but management is another story

Houston, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for less than a year

Prosgood money and friendly people

ConsManager does not know what he is doing

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to sales need training for management

The disgrace of Radio Shack

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIn the 80's, a manager was the best paid manager in the mall, many making over 100 grand, margins were in the upper 50's, and in a article in US and World Report, Radio Shack, had more paper millionairs than anyone. Bill Gates approached Radio Shack before going to IBM.

ConsLast year 2010 was that of nightmares, yelling screaming at meetings, in thirty years never had recieved a letter of reprimend until 2010 for the smallest reasons even though I was the highest rated Manager in the district and just had won a national sales contest. I compained what was going on and the next day the regional and district manager came to my store, and as one employee discribed acted like terrorist, until I quite. They asked if I wanted to become a District two weeks previous.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are your number one asset trat them better. Einstien said repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a diffrent result is the definition of insanity, you keep pushing wireless more and more as margins go down and down is insane. Black Fridays ad was mostly wireless, who has time to activate phones on black Friday.

At my location my manger would encourage lying to get the sale.

I have been working at RadioShack

ProsYou learn a lot about the secret side of commission.

ConsIf you sale phones you must force accessories on customers. If you do good on attaching accessories you better get warranties. If you do warranties you better sale some batteries.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a customer does not want to buy something do not take you frustration out on your workers.

Ok for high school graduates. Pay is minimum wage+ commission. Not a long term career

I have been working at RadioShack

ProsDiscounts on merchandise. Ability to make spiff and commission on cell phones.

ConsManagement just barks and complains! They don't want any excuses! You need to perform in all platforms including wireless sales, battery sales, accessory sales, and service plan warranty sales. You get paid minimum wage and work like a dog. You don't make any money off selling service plans. You have to be aggressive and go for the wireless sales! That's where you will make your $9-$10/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange out the entire corporate staff. Only hire managers with an Associates degree or higher level of education. Change the pay rate to at least $9.75/hr and keep commission on cell phones the same.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!

RadioShack Videos

RadioShack – Why Work for Us?

Why RadioShack? RadioShack has created a loyal following of customers through our associates' expertise and collaborative spirit with consumers, celebrating the longstanding idea that "two heads are better than one… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RadioShack reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RadioShack CEO Joseph C. Magnacca. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by RadioShack employees.