RadioShack Reviews

2.4
1,367 Reviews

RadioShack CEO Joseph C. Magnacca
Joseph C. Magnacca

Pros
  • Great Training - trained for all major cell phone companies and fast paced (in 135 reviews)

• Some pros for working at RadioShack is the some of the employee discount (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation is horrible upper management does not really care about the associates (in 140 reviews)

• The only thing Corporate cared about was the amount of cell phones you sold (in 131 reviews)

More Highlights

Building a Better Customer Experience....

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at RadioShack for more than 5 years

Pros

None. No pros. I hate my job. I've been with the company for over 5 years. I'm actively seeking new employment

Cons

This project you're forcing us to work on is KILLING US. I have clocked over 60 hours a week as a manager and they simply DO NOT CARE. It's never good enough. Ever. EVER. Why do you feel the need to work me t death? I haven't seen my daughter in days because I work 12.5 hours a day. Every day. I'll see her my next day off. But I will get constant phone calls and text messages and emails from my DM because of CONSTANT POLICY CHANGES

Stop killing me

Its the Shack

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

the employee discount was nice and the people that I worked with where a great group of team members

Cons

The hours were crazy 60-70 a week for 27000 a year the company doesnt6 have a focus they are trying to do so much in such a little space the pricing was not on track with other stores in the area the train was lacking they push really hard for cell phone sales and nothing else in the store and if someone comes in looking for something else you could probalby should them where it is but nothing else because there was not train on the other products in the store and some of the stuuf that is in stores doesnt sell they should target each store for what sells in that area.

Relaxed atmosphere. Management disorganized,

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere, employee discount. Most customers appreciate the help. Flexible hours.

Cons

Commission rates constantly changing(going down) Management seems disorganized and lacking direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

Good atmosphere and good co-workers

Cons

below average pay and demanding work

My experience at radioshack has ultimately been straight trash.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Danville, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Danville, VA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

working with fun sales associates has been the only pro

Cons

This company has unrealistic goals, i do not feel like they consider real marketing strategies or know what is going on in real life and the economy. i think radioshack believes that every area has money to just spend on cell phones all day everyday as if customers don't have other things they need to send money on. the management is horrible and they are rarely ever production from what i have noticed from all the 6 or 7 managers i have had since 2012. The pay is not good, they pay you minimum wage and 2% of everything you sell. you may as well not have commission cuz the commission is practically nothing. they are too busy trying to fix so many years of bad decisions made within the company that they are falling behind. They want you to do way too much for the little that they pay and its not worth it at all. its people at fast food that make more that radioshack employees do.

Upper management needs to look at the other companies and see how they are winning because obviously they are not doing it right when your stock is at 80 cent.

Stepping stone

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy, fun co-workers, great products.

Cons

Tough customers, can sometimes be boring due to being slow.

Appreciate the effort given.

Great way to sharpen your sales skills for future positions

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have the right manager you can sharpen your sales skills and if you are in school and need to make some part time cash its a great job that offers commission. Holiday season offers a great sales boom in any location. All you need is effort and a can do attitude

Cons

Rarely do you see a fully staffed store that's actually fully staffed..sometimes difficult to take time off...the amount of work you put in sometimes doesn't match the pay

Raise your wages

ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

good hours, great people, nice location

Cons

not advancing, customers, advanced electronics area depleting

find the people who want to rise the ranks and help them get there.

Used to be a great company. That's all history

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Mount Vernon, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Mount Vernon, OH

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong history and a large retail presence in the U.S.

Cons

The company's declining reputation has made it hard to hire talented people and this has been discouraging and led to high turnover. RadioShack's current financial problems has scared a lot of senior management into jumping ship including myself and 7 other tenured store managers in my district in the last 3 months. As a store manager I spend 30+ hours a week completing operational tasks which doesn't allow me the time I need to train and develop my staff and effect the revenue flow in our store. In the weekly conference call with all the store managers in the area we talk only about operational compliance and ways to save money. We have not once talked about how to hit sales plan or how to increase the revenue coming into our stores.

The time advice has passed I'm afraid. RadioShack needs to refinance its high interest loans and gain an influx of cash to stay afloat for another year or so. If RadioShack gets the time they need they have to become a sales organization again and stop spending so much time on operational tasks.

Senior Manager

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Extensive great training on the products.

Cons

The culture and leadership is not a healthy, at least in my district is not.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!