Radwell International

3.5

CEO

Exciting Rapid Growing Company with Opportunity

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work environment is exciting and full of many challenges and opportunities to contribute. The future is bright there are a lot of expansion opporutinties on the horizon. I look forward to where we are heading and I look forward to being a part of the transformation.
    The people are amazing, friendly and hard working. The building is beautiful and there are a lot of interesting outside of the box activities happening such as the RCade, social 5, and daily trivia.
    Excellent benefits and an excellent annual holiday party among other things.

Cons

Training is lacking but its a product of our environment, we are very busy and growing quickly. It is an opportunity for the future to develop and improve our training practices.
    We have a lot of systems that aren't tightly integrated, again an opporutinty for improvement.

Keep plowing forward carrying on Jerry Radwell and Brian Radwell's vision. The future is bright.

Old Technicians, service writers and closers, you may want to come back to Radwell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lumberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The old General Manager is no longer in charge. Sexual Harassment, bullying, threats, negativity is all gone. Radwell has stepped up and finally has removed this employee from the ranks. Other managers here are stepping in line or they too will feel the sting. The HR department has been exposed. Mandatory Saturdays are over. You actually like coming to work once more. Employees are now stepping up and want more responsibility.

Cons

Still have a way to go. Coming in early , working 8 hours and still having to use PTO in order to leave early is horrible.

Need more bathrooms.

Bravo for stepping up and removing the cancer from our work place. Keep up the good work, keep promoting and instilling a safe, friendly work environment

More like, three and a half stars.

I have been working at Radwell International

Pros

Overtime opportunities, semi personable upper management, independence, great place to put on your resume.

Cons

Blatant nepotism. Friends promote friends instead of promoting people well deserving. I also find the lack of women in upper managment disturbing. There seems to be a (as someone else has stated) "good ole boys" club in Radwell and if you're not in it, you're screwed. Poor customer service, for months Radwell has been selling "Factory New" product which is just gently used or refirbished product. This money making idea is not only careless but simply classless. I do not support this idea and have considered leaving because of it. There's a sincere disconnect between employee and employer. Important information from policy changes to even parking is so seldom exchanged that there's regular confusion. Because it IS actually a good,fun company most of the time you have a lot of fresh out of high school or college kids using Radwell as a social scene and a gossip hub rather than a place to work. Work place harrassment is at an all time high unfortunately.

Gain control of your staff. Regular people have wonderful ideas, listen! Demand professionalism. Stop selling refurbished items as new. That has to stop immediately. You will lose more employees simply on the fact that it is uncomfortable and just WRONG to do that to people. Also, PROPERLY thank employees not just with emails and food, make yourself a presence.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What's that old song, "He's got, High Hopes.."

I have been working at Radwell International part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has great customer satisfaction and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Very high expectations, managment is a mess and broken, quality is highly talked of, but quantity is only really pushed.

Need to get employees in check, need to get management in check, and need to get rid of slacking employees

Like grade school all over again

Former Employee - Technician  in  Lumberton, NJ
    Former Employee - Technician in Lumberton, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people are very nice to work with. Many of the others are backstabbers.

Cons

If you're very good at kissing butt, you could do very well there.
    I personally think that quitting this company was one of the very best decisions of my life.

If you weren't here, you'd be working at McDonalds.
    See you, wouldn't want to be you...

Sweatshop labor

Former Employee - Technician  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Technician in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

I worked at this company for about a year and I thank the good Lord every day that I don't work there anymore.

Management is too ignorant to take any advice.

It's a Paycheck

I have been working at Radwell International for more than 8 years

Pros

Great for the college student. Plug in your IPOD, chat with your co-workers. Flexible schedule. Part-time hours on your schedule. Mostly good non-management coworkers trying to earn a living and a couple of good managers. Also, kudos to the Radwells for following through with Jerry Radwell's vision.

It is what it is. A place to collect a paycheck and not too hard to stay out of trouble.

Cons

Financial goal oriented means lots of hours. Mandatory Saturdays. Lately, no Friday's or Mondays off just to get a weekend. No Work/Life balance. Appreciation based on how many hours you put in. Not on what you bring to the table like experience. A forty-hour week no longer exists.

Personal Time Off (PTO) must be earned first then time off can be taken. Newer employees get better vacation picks then someone who has been there then say, 10 years. No vacation/ anniversary date.

Snow days (even during NJ State Emergencies) are charged a day's PTO even though it's an act of God.

Rule by threat. IOWs, If you don't do this, I'll do that. Mostly communicated by nasty emails from the General Manager. Most likely due to the pressure to 'make goal'

Present HR personnel no appreciation for the employees who have been there at the beginning of it all to help take the company where it is today.

Trash PTO and return to the anniversary/vacation system. Seek better Work/Life balance. Cease mandatory overtime. There would be enough 'hungry' personnel if the work was properly structured and there were enough people.

They lost sight of their values

I have been working at Radwell International full-time

Pros

Lunch time, coworkers, air conditioner, hand dryer, water cooler, decorations, and Pacman.

Cons

As this company grows, they forget more and more of the values that got us where we are today. They stretch technicians so thin, and we are pushed to the brink of not caring about quality, only quantity. Mandatory Saturdays. Human resources are rude, inconsiderate and lack a heart. You can work as hard as humanly possible and it will still not be enough. Managers do not know how to manage. Employees are not happy, because they are being disrespected. They do not train you properly. They expect you to know your job on day one. They do not understand that we are humans. We have families, friends, and lives to attend to.

Be more attentive to your employees. If we need help, take the time. Help us grow and learn more. As for upper management; get to know the employees down stairs. You'll see we are human, and not just a number or a dollar sign.

A Truly Blue-bled Rising Star...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lumberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very family/friend oriented, warm & nice working atmosphere. The majority of the people working here are great, very friendly, respectful, down-to-earth attitude & humorous. I really like going to work because of these great people which make my day & job so much easier.
    Very flexible hours, you can choose anytime between 5am-11pm which fits your school/another job/family life etc.. schedule.
    Always very busy company, plenty work hence there are "Working O/T" opportunities which means extra income.
    Possibly quick advancement opportunities within the company due to rapid growth.
    Decent & reasonable benefits for full-time employees.

Cons

Due to continuous rapid growth, the place gets smaller & smaller day by day. Employees do have a small cafeteria which is always freezing like a walk-in box cooler & also has so many obsolete, old, unnecessary & bulky game machines which take up half of the space. Sometimes employees can not even use the cafeteria due to company meetings. I have personally seen so many people eating meal in their cars during break-time.
    Warehouse building extension has been completed before but still not enough, obviously the future growth of the company was miscalculated & underestimated by the upper management.
    Not enough parking space either, everybody wastes about 10-min a day to look for parking spot. It is almost impossible to find normal parking spot & half of the employees park in the field, on the dirt. it is really one of the biggest challenges the company facing nowadays.
    The warehouse doesn't have enough bathrooms & hand-wash sinks. Warehouse environment is very dusty, if you are allergic to dust, this place is not for you. I have never seen the floor being washed and/or mopped.

Please don't make the simple work & its procedures complicated, we are not building rockets in the warehouse !... Too much bureaucratic paperwork is really not necessary. Instead of paying high tab to big hotel chains in AC & Party MC for the Holiday Party, divide that allocation among the employees as a bonus so they can use that in a better way with their loved ones during this holiday season.

amazing experiences

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been apart of many this this organization does for few years. Impersonally have been promoted several times over the past few years as hard work is seen and recognized.
    Many of my friends that I introduced to this place are also working hard and doing great.
    If you try your best and have a great work ethic it pays off and you can exceed here.

Cons

Sometimes we grow so fast it's hard to keep up. Barely a Con but it can be stressful; but it beats the alternative when many others out there are not doing well and shrinking their staff.
    I saw some negative reviews from some that were dissatisfied which is a shame because they are more than likely not true team mates and I wish they asked for help because we could have helped them if they wanted it. But it's probably best that they have left and took that attitude with them because 600 others want to succeed and not deal with that.

Keep your eyes on the future and the people that will get us there. Continue to do great things and more success will follow.

Worked for Radwell International? Contribute to the Community!