Rady Children's Hospital Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
56 reviews filtered by
2.6
Donald Kearns

Pros
  • Great benefits, diligent staff, and healthy work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Patient care staff is exemplary and families are well cared for (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits (it's hard to explain to people that I work at a hospital and don't have insurance (in 2 reviews)

• We joke that no one listens to you in your first five years of employment, but this is sadly the truth more often than not (in 2 reviews)

1. Rady's Health Information Management department is a great place to work!

Former Intern - Student Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Intern - Student Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Rady Children's Hospital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, busy and supportive department.

Cons

Most all the employees are overwhelmed!

2. Very friendly team, provides the best patient care.

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teaching institution provides a wide range of teaching opportunities for inpatient and outpatient care. Super friendly physician, nursing, pharmacy, and professional staff.

Cons

The institution is slow to approve new projects and growth of the department I was in. My department was thinly staffed and it was challenging to provide optimal patient care.

3. Current Employee

Current Employee - Non-nursing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Non-nursing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rady Children's Hoospital San Diego is a wonderful place to work. They care about the children and their families in the community and also truly care about their employees. I look forward to coming to work and find that a lot of what you get out of this work is based on what you put into it. Attitude is a big part of how happy I am. It's not perfect, but what is? Still, it's a wonderful palce and the pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Some of the cons are that for some positions, there is little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about each of us. Kathleen, I miss you every day with your excellent attitude and smiles.

5. A place for professionals to serve children and their families

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tools, protocols, clients are available

Cons

Growth of the hospital has happened so quickly, it is more difficult to know people

Advice to Management

Get out of your office!

6. Top notch staff and working environment

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, diligent staff, and healthy work environment. The team here does a really good job of promoting a friendly and safe atmosphere for the kids as well as with each other. The support you get from all levels of management is impressive and no one is left without some form of back up!

Cons

Communication is stellar between co-workers but there are some technical kinks that do get in the way occasionally.

7. Good experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rady Children's Hospital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say much about the benefits since I wasn't full time. I was an intern for about six months. Overall, great staff and work experience. The research was interesting and I learned a lot from my mentors and supervisors while working there. There was an opportunity to become full time, but I decided to look for opportunities elsewhere.

Cons

Unpaid, but I was an intern looking for experience.

8. Compassionate, progressive healthcare foundation.

Current Employee - Administrative Associate (B) in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate (B) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent management, good training tools, very empathetic HR department; consistently positive atmosphere that reflects the Rady commitment to serve its primary patient base, children, with altruism and dedication.

Cons

Somewhat behind the times in technological infrastructure; much of this could be due to fluctuating revenue allocation. Not a major issue, can be resolved with clearer prioritization of IT resources.

Advice to Management

More educational incentives to better equip key staff.

9. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very passionate about what they do at this hospital and the care provided children is stellar. There is a lot of people who have longer than average tenure which speaks volumes. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Opportunities for training, mentorship and promotions from within seem to be lacking. There is also little offered in the way of flexible work schedules, job sharing or remote-work possibilities for those in non-clinical areas.

10. A comfortable place to work

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital

Pros

Enjoy working here. Many people have been working for the hospital for many years. It gives you a sense of security knowing that people enjoy working there for extended periods of time.

Cons

In my particular position we are definitely under used. We are a very valuable group of individuals and we don't get utilized the way we should. It is frustrating knowing that you could be learning more things or helping others complete their jobs quicker.

Advice to Management

Utilize your all of your employees in every department. After reaching out to your employees about changes they would like please try to implement them.

11. It's been great so far

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital part-time

Pros

working with kids has been wonderful

Cons

benefits not equal to area hospitals

Rady Children's Hospital Photos

Rady Children's Acute Care Pavilion. California's first acute care LEED certified hospital.

+ Add Photo