Raging Waters

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014
3.6

Fernando Eiroa

Awesome summer and also my first job.

I worked at Raging Waters

Pros

discounted tickets and flexible hours

Cons

Just the fact the costumers can be rude, but that anywhere.

First job

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy job and great way to get a first job

Cons

managers and supervisors all quit toward the end of the seaspm

Great for high school students, not much else!

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you show up early to the job fair they hold every year, you will most likely get hired on for the summer. There are numerous jobs to choose from and you have the potential for working many hours. A good opportunity to get resume experience when you are in high school.

Cons

Management is incompetent, as are most employees. Seasonal jobs seems to bring out the people who can't stay employed at a year-round job. The pay is the minimum and the days get very hot.

I worked as a lifeguard preventing injury and addressing problems as they arose.

Former Employee - Lifeguard in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its nice to work outdoors and almost everything in the park is discounted for employees. If you enjoy spending time in the water then this might be the job for you. Be wary as doing this day in and day out can get rather monotonous. It was a decent first job though.

Cons

There is a lot of standing around and waiting for something to happen. You are supposed to be actively scanning the water you are assigned to but there is so little that happens and at the end of the day it feels so unrewarding. It was minimum pay for me to ensure people did not drown while people who work at Chipotle make more money wrapping burritos. I would have preferred a more active job.

The employees might be a little more interested in their job if they were paid more, considering an entry price of $40 a person I don't see how this would be unreasonable.

Different Experience

Current Employee - Lifeguard
    Current Employee - Lifeguard

I have been working at Raging Waters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got a tan, learned CPR, told people what to do, fun coworkers

Cons

Hot sun...

Sometimes after working a long long shift we had to do some surprise lifeguard training where we would stay an extra hour to either swim laps, jump in the pool to save dolls, or perform CPR. All good things but no one wants to work a full 8 hours in the sun then go swim 6 laps in the pool and perform CPR.

The worst part for me though was when my wallet and iPhone got stolen. I told management and they barely sympathized with me even though it was stolen in an area where they frequently hung out. On my lunch I had to spend it calling my credit card company and phone provider on my friend's phone to stop the activity. With me being clearly upset by all of this I was still forced to go back out and lifeguard in tears. I was told that an investigation would lead on into what happened. The next day there was a large sign that said "employees cannot store their belongings here". I understood the sign and felt that it was there because of what happened to me. Later on in the day however my break was missed so I approached a lead lifeguard to tell him and as I went up to him he said with attitude "didn't you read the sign?" as he pointed to the sign that was made for storing our belongings. I looked at him confusingly and mentioned to him that I simply was asking if I could take my break. Clearly he turned red and said "oh sure no problem". Afterwords I found out that in the morning huddles that my experience with my phone and wallet being stolen were told to my coworkers as an irresponsible thing on my part. I was so embarrassed. Come to find out though a few days after this happened, a veteran lifeguard got her stuff stolen and she was treated much differently then I was. They put on an investigation to find the person and guess what? They did! This person admitted to stealing my stuff and hers as well. I was told all this information by a coworker, but I wasn't suppose to know because thy were going to approach me about it....They never did!!!! The girl was able to know the person and talk to the police about the situation. I was so disappointed and told upper management about this and was ignored.

Favoritism is not okay in the professional field. This experience could've been avoided.

Great place for a first job!

Former Employee - Parking Attendant in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone was usually pretty cool, I never had any problems and you get free admission into the park.

Cons

You're out in the heat all day.

A family day would be pretty cool, but i no longer work there.

Working at Raging Waters was very interesting and challenging . had the opportunity to work with some great people.

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raging Waters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I would have to say that everyday working at Raging Waters provided something new and exciting. Never a dull moment working for this company.

Cons

The only real downside to working at Raging Waters would be the fact that it is seasonal and isn't operational throuout the entire year.

I felt the management of the security department had its hands full with the loss of Jason Molihan and should have replaced him with someone that was more knowledgeable and had more of a security background.

It was a learning experience.

Former Employee - Human Resources Clerk in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I learned more administrative work. Actually, I learned that I don't like it. It's good to take up a job and learn something from it, good or bad.

Cons

Underpaid, everyone gossips. Also, my supervisor said I would work 20-30 hours. I ended up only working 6 or less. It wasn't her fault because they had to cut back on hours, but she should have been more up front.

Focus on team building. You can tell management hates their job because of all the complaining they do. I felt like management needed a more cohesive vibe, but it's hard to do that when your employees are seasonal. Still, they need to work on team building.

Fun

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were wonderful and made work a great time

Cons

Hot kitchen in pizza!
    A lot of bees.

Could have been better. They could have worked on controlling things better.

Started from the Bottom

Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Food and I am loving it

Cons

Hot Sun and Cooking and BBQ when you are hungry

None that I can think of right now

Raging Waters Photos

raging waters
Raging Waters from the hiking trails just above
raging waters 2