RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

Add Photos

George Macricostas

Best Data Center in Northern California - Great Place to Work - Rapidly Growing

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

ProsRagingWire is the best run data center in Northern California, and we're expanding to Virginia this year. This is an excellent place to work and build a career. Pros:
-High growth, fast paced technology company (Something that is rare in Sacramento)
-Still has a small company feel
-Great customers - Some of the biggest names on the Internet
-Killer 'cloud computing' offering at our subsidiary (www.stratascale.com)

ConsSacramento is a long commute from the Bay Area. It's great if you live up here, but hard if you are in SF. Need to open some branch offices to recruit from other regions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a clear mission for your employees and get everyone focused on beating the competition.

Poor communication, weak management, ineffective departments

Support (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice DC facility. There are a few key people that keep things going but far too many just here to collect a paycheck and socialize.

ConsManagement is atrocious and should be replaced. Sales team is ineffective and engineering org is bloated. Low pay, little chance of promotions, many very unhappy workers dragging the ship down fast. Bad environment that mgt seems incapable of fixing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of us are tired of waiting for positive changes. Luckily job market is improving so many could be leaving this dysfunctional company.

Misfits running the show around here

Construction (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsMy construction dept is well run by by manager J.W. He has a lot of respect by his organization and seems to really care about his people. I respect that a lot. I enjoy my job and have learned a lot.

ConsWhere do I begin. I hear so much from co-workers, especially who work in the other building where mgrs are. A recent co meeting was sad to watch. Top acctg dude embarrassed himself royally, yelling something out. Everybody was looking around in shock.

Top Sales dude sounded like used car pitch. He fooled no one. HR lady was really out of touch.

But I liked when the CEO talked. Came across as reserved, sincere and honest.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm just a low-level employee so basically just do my job each day. Company could do more for its employees. We kinda are like disjointed, with no real direction. CEO should really check out his staff and think hard, does he really have the right people?

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Authoritarian management style is not working

Engineering Department (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsExcellent data center product offering. Employees try working hard to overcome management shortcomings, but is the effort really worth it?

ConsConcerned that many recent, poor decisions are moving us in the wrong direction. Been talk for years about going public, but never happened. Management really out of touch and rarely interacts with employees. Lack of business direction and very poor communication. Our engineering team is concerned about cut backs and our ideas are never listened to. New hire training is also poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need some new thinking and outside blood. You need to value us all as employees and not take us for granted. Are all your actions for the better of the company as a whole, or just for yourselves? Look in the mirror ...

Good Product – Questionable Management / Leadership

Sacramento, CA

ProsThe product we deliver is great. To spite our management team, the people I work with are committed to delivering a good product – the best in Sacramento even though we are located in a flood area.

ConsOur senior management is a 'con'. They live in another world where they are not connected with us (average employees). We are a private company so the owner (president) runs rough shot over everyone while others on the senior team are not connected with what the average employee is going through. They have just fired a couple good employees without any cause and did not take care of them on the way out the door - wow. Everybody has updated resumes and it looking for new jobs. You do not want to work here - Sacramento or Virginia.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice – you need to change your ways if possible. You are lucky more people have not quit. Enjoy your success in this small company because you would not survive at a real company.

RagingWire - Its not all about the money / profit margin, if you can afford it - Its great!

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

ProsAllows for remote office, good location (Flood Plane) for local employment force, only averages 2 outages per year - better than the local competition. Top quality ($$$) bandwidth, carrier neutral facility, excellent power / battery backup systems

ConsLittle product training, zero sales development training, no lead gen, management maintains 70% profit margins - difficult / time consuming to get exceptions, must maintain 200% of quota to be in the "Boys Club" Commission paid out AFTER installation, installation is dictated by project mgmnt team, only "installs" count toward quota retirement, must be employed to receive commission on closed sales deals, if not commission goes to management bonus - high sales turn-over.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower Sales team flexibility (in profit margin) to make their own deals, pay them for the work of closing deals.

Great Experience at Top Data Center Provider

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

Pros- Best data center technology in the industry - no data center outages in 6 years
- Competitive against top providers
- Good customer service attitude on all levels
- Nice family environment
- Strong expansion drive

Cons- Sacramento is not a top market, but Virginia site will help
- Needs more aggressive marketing

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on growth! Don't get scared of fighting it out with the bigger competition.

Worked for RagingWire Enterprise Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RagingWire Enterprise Solutions CEO George Macricostas. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by RagingWire Enterprise Solutions employees.