RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

George Macricostas

Best company Ever!!!

Current Employee - Great Guy in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Great Guy in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, great experience, great management, what else can I say except this company is so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

No free lunches like Google. But seriously the pay is so great, I can afford to buy my own lunches!!

Advice to Management

Keep being great!

Sr. Electrical Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very broad scope allowing you to get your hands on everything

Cons

Company does not appropriately value education and technical expertise

Worst.

Former Employee - Sales in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Ashburn, VA

I worked at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great patents. "Pretty" data centers.

Cons

Horrific management. Depressing environment. No job security, no support, no direction. Constantly monitored for any mistakes but never appreciated for hard work. Paranoia from the top. Fighting for every cent you are paid if you are in sales. Constantly change the plan to avoid paying you what you are due. Treat employees like slaves. Absolutely no regard for work/life balance. Any positive review on this site is either from HR (which play favorites and are completely out of touch) or from someone hallucinating. It's not true. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Come back down to earth. NTT is taking over anyway. Enjoy avoiding taxes in Reno. Criminals.

5. Happy to have finally found a home! Great team atmosphere, training and management that cares.

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions

Pros

People, Leadership all the way to the top, skills training, Pay is pretty good.....compared to some lousy groups I've been with. it's still a small company 400 or so people, so it's nice.

Cons

No 401k match, but honestly....I've never had one? no free lunches like google or facebook....no telecommute policy...but then I probably wouldn't work too much......

Advice to Management

Keep communication meetings and guiding the company with great employees. I never could figure out why people stay at a company if their not happy? I just move on......But can't cause I love it...

Great kick starter, not so much for long term growth

I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time

Pros

RagingWire has a lot of to offer in terms of exposure and experience, no matter what field you are in. It is a great stepping stone for people to get a solid foundation underneath their feet to help propel them forward in their career

Cons

1. Not much growth for career movement.
    2. Management does not have a clear vision of where their going.
    3. Management often contradicts themselves when attempting to give the team direction.
    4. Poor communication among upper management.

Advice to Management

Fix the cons above

Employed with RagingWire for three (3) years; was never happy

Former Employee - Inside Sales Department
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Department

I worked at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros to working with RagingWire is lower level employees. These individuals work hard, give it their all on a daily basis. The commute can be ok at times.

Cons

- the only interaction management has with the employees is, do your job or get fired.
    - there are no advancement opportunities
    - don't bother offering suggestions because they will be shot down.
    - no matter how hard you work for this company, Management is never satisfied and is always looking for a way to put lower level employees down.
    - morale is very low.
    - most of the employees at the Ashburn and Sacramento location are looking for work
    - they treat minorities very poorly and Management does that openly.
    - some employees work sometimes work over 60 hours a week and their hard working efforts is never good enough
    - upper management has absolutely no management skills, constantly disrespects the employees and upper management sits back and does nothing
    - the HR department is a joke
    - employees are always in fear of loosing their jobs

Advice to Management

- train your managers; send them to management classes
    - teach them how to interact not only with the employees but also with the clients
    - enough with the top down approach and start with the bottom up, when it comes to your employees
    - keep politics out of the office
    - stop your managers from using scare tactics on the employees
    - be civil
    - do something about the low morale or you will keep having that revolving door of you firing people and people in a hurry to quit

I drank the kool-aid

I worked at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time

Pros

Most of the people were great, they were just hard working individuals doing what it takes.
    Quarterly company meetings with food.

Cons

The place needs some organizational help. It grew too fast and was not able to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

You talk and talk about how you need good leadership and when it is there you let it walk out the door. There is no effort to retain or attract great managers.

Soul draining experience

Current Employee - IT Operations in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - IT Operations in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Fairly decent compensation. Non-managment coworkers are great people. Company is simply the best at the service it provides.

Cons

You will be fired. Period. I was there since the building opened in 2012. By 2014 I had been through 6 managers (all fired) and 14 coworkers (all fired) in a 6 person department. And that was just my department. I honestly saw at least 40 people come and go during my tenure. At the time if this writing, nobody I started with was still there. Two times I saw someone hired and then get let go within 2 weeks. Ive never seen anything like it, and Im no spring chicken. I bet McDonalds has less turnaround. There is no room for advancement. My job title was the ONLY job title the department had. So there is nothing to be promoted to. The company itself is the best at what it does but working there is a toxic environment and the non-management employees are in constant fear of losing their job despite being great hard working people.

Advice to Management

Fix your revolving door of employees. You can go on and on about your eNPS scores but the bottom line is nobody tells the truth because they are scared to death. Ive never experienced such low morale in a company. The only thing that keeps anyone there is the need to survive and keep a roof over your head.

Poor communication, weak management, ineffective departments

Current Employee - Support in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Support in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Nice DC facility. There are a few key people that keep things going but far too many just here to collect a paycheck and socialize.

Cons

Management is atrocious and should be replaced. Sales team is ineffective and engineering org is bloated. Low pay, little chance of promotions, many very unhappy workers dragging the ship down fast. Bad environment that mgt seems incapable of fixing.

Advice to Management

Most of us are tired of waiting for positive changes. Luckily job market is improving so many could be leaving this dysfunctional company.

Good Product – Questionable Management / Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The product we deliver is great. To spite our management team, the people I work with are committed to delivering a good product – the best in Sacramento even though we are located in a flood area.

Cons

Our senior management is a 'con'. They live in another world where they are not connected with us (average employees). We are a private company so the owner (president) runs rough shot over everyone while others on the senior team are not connected with what the average employee is going through. They have just fired a couple good employees without any cause and did not take care of them on the way out the door - wow. Everybody has updated resumes and it looking for new jobs. You do not want to work here - Sacramento or Virginia.

Advice to Management

Advice – you need to change your ways if possible. You are lucky more people have not quit. Enjoy your success in this small company because you would not survive at a real company.

RSS Feed </> Embed