RailCrew Xpress Reviews

1. pros Vs cons

Current Employee - Senior Long Haul Driver in Thayer, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Long Haul Driver in Thayer, MO

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress full-time

Pros

Chance for quick promotions. Work by yourself.

Cons

Too many drivers are being hired.....diluting hours for the other drivers that are regulars.

Advice to Management

Give drivers more money....and give them a reason to want to work.

2. What a joke

Former Employee - Driver in Chaffee, MO
    Former Employee - Driver in Chaffee, MO

I worked at RailCrew Xpress

Pros

none that I can think of definitely not with the pay or leaving your family for

Cons

Will call you one day telling that you are hired and to meet them the next day to do day 1 training then the next day they call back and say don't bother coming

Advice to Management

Find out if someone is really hired before you call them and tell them they have a job btw 7.75 for risking your life is not worth it or being away from your family either

Getting better all the time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most people are friendly and easy to work with, at least in the corporate office. Management works hard to improve processes and profitability. Not a lot of political games played. Reasonable with expectations. Benefits are not great, but not bad either, at least for office personnel.

Cons

Most of the cons stem from past processes. The company has gone through a lot of changes in the past 6-7 years. The first few years of that time period were pretty rough and things were looking pretty bleak. It is improving, however.

Dealing with multiple railroads with very different ideology makes it tough to have smooth consistent processes. Also, most of the drivers in the field are part-time people and they supply the data to the main office. I know there are many really good people out in the field but part-time people, in general, have a "I don't care" attitude which makes them hard to deal with at times. Plus, they try to manipulate data to get themselves more money and care little about accuracy.

Raises very rarely happen and opportunities to move up don't really exist.

Advice to Management

Have seen a lot of good improvements. Still some things need to get better. Hopefully, management will continue the work that has really turned this place around in the last couple of years.

5. dispatcher

Former Employee - Dispatcher in North Platte, NE
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in North Platte, NE

I worked at RailCrew Xpress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to see new places and meet great people.

Cons

The name should be railscrew. If you Excell you will be hated. RCX fails DOT regulations on a daily basis. All the managers do is lie lie lie lie. RUN from this company.....you will get payed min wage...RUN!

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Treat people with respect and dignity. Stop being on a power high.

Good experience to see people and places

Current Employee - Road and Yard Driver in Willard, OH
    Current Employee - Road and Yard Driver in Willard, OH

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress full-time

Pros

Can make good money. Get to go to cities and places one may never been to. Great communication with managemen. Some good crews to take place.

Cons

Lack of raised. Benefits getting better. Management attempts to cut overtime. It can be stressful locating trains. The yard can be stressful, all trains run at someone.

Advice to Management

Find ways to raise the pay with some raises.

7. I love my job

Current Employee - Driver in Grand Island, NE
    Current Employee - Driver in Grand Island, NE

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress

Pros

It is a great place to work friendly drivers that do there job

Cons

The challenges lately in grand island is getting the trips when on the board to be called

Advice to Management

It would be nice to get drivers the hours they applied for 100-120 bi-weekly

8. stressful

Former Employee - Long Haul Driver in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Long Haul Driver in Lincoln, NE

I worked at RailCrew Xpress

Pros

get to see a lot of out of the way places

Cons

manager told me one thing and the company did something else.

Advice to Management

start over

9. Management is NOT irreplaceble

Current Employee - They Cheat People
    Current Employee - They Cheat People

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress

Pros

It's a good company to work for. I love the experience.

Cons

They don't have very good benefits. They didn't pay well.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to your employees. Just because you are management doesn't mean you know it all. Sometime you need to drop down a level to see what it really going on!

10. Drivers at RailCrew

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress

Pros

Drivers at RailCrew Express has some flexibility and you meet interesting people in the rail yard.

Cons

The pay is very low $7.25 an hour. Your are on call 24/7 with the option of 10 hours or 8 hours of rest.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more money. The company wants you to work crazy hours, sometimes 12 hours in a day.

This is a place that will keep your average individual upset 24/7.

Current Employee - Road Driver in Crestline, OH
    Current Employee - Road Driver in Crestline, OH

I have been working at RailCrew Xpress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE!!!!!!. Its just a job .A job only, it pays half the bills if that and that's if a person works 7 days a week. For gas, well lets say your on your own.

Cons

Putting up with the managers , dispatch lying to the employers.

Advice to Management

NO communications with the workers. hiring new drivers and cutting hours for the rest of them. I don't understand how dispatch set at a desk and can make 10 or 11 dollars an hour and these drivers putting there life on the line every day and night not knowing if they will make it back alive to see there family . there something badly wrong here with this picture. Stop all the threatening the drivers with always firing them. they have enough to deal with then always being threaten with there job. For all the holidays, this is the most worse company in the world I ever saw when it comes to holidays for there workers. they give them 25 dollars then tax it and a sweet big threat if you don't show up on that day to work (your fire) Then if your lucky you might get your 25 dollars but keep in mind every one don't get it just the one that work on that holiday so what they are more then less saying the rest of the employees don't deserve it!!. These are only some of the issues god knows they have a long way to go before this company can be more then what they have been. We all know how bad the economy is but for no reason they should have the right to cause harm to there workers like they do, We have family to and they look up to us to take care of them so now we are letting them down because how we are treated by our employers, I could write a book on this company but what good will it do if they don't change. thanks to the ones that reads this . your prayers would be appreciated.

RSS Feed </> Embed