Railserve Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

1. I actually enjoy my job.

I have been working at Railserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, affordable insurance. 401k is matched up to 6%. Attaboy program, Eagle eye program give "prizes" for going above and beyond. Often includes clothing, waterbottles, lighting devices, etc.

Cons

No optical provided. Raises for salaried employees have a lot of room for improvement. Slightly underpaid than some switching companies. But made up for with bonuses and benefits.

Advice to Management

Management should have prior railroad experience within the company. Will reduce turn-over and employees will be motivated to do well when they see co-workers who do well promoted.

2. Contract Railroad

Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Freeport, TX
    Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Freeport, TX

I have been working at Railserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is fair to good. Little below other contract jobs. Decent 401k and match.

Cons

Rotating shifts. Hardly ever know ahead of time when going to get a long shift, esp on nights.

3. Great Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Track Worker in Morris, IL
    Former Employee - Track Worker in Morris, IL

I worked at Railserve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can operate locomotives. You get to move rail cars. Younger crowd so a bit high energy Benefits Plenty of downtime

Cons

Safety philosophy of don't get hurt here so we don't get sued and production is over health and safety in tenfold. Pay is very low for the industry. This is the temp service of rail work. Every employee is usually trying to get Into the company that railserve is serving so management at railserve rises well to the level of there own incompetence

Advice to Management

I feel management should be hired from outside the pool of workers. Because if they stuck it out at railserve without using it as the stepping stone it is then that will tell you a lot about the individual.

RSS Feed </> Embed