Rain Bird

www.rainbird.com

Rain Bird Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Anthony LaFetra

Pros
  • The pay is good but they expect a LOT in return(in 13 reviews)

• Rain Bird makes a quality product and has the potential to be a truly great company(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management Staff is completely disconnected from reality(in 31 reviews)

• Left behind are inexperienced rookies following orders given by the inept Sr staff and upper management(in 14 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today!

District Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsRain Bird used to have a great Sales and Marketing staff that led the industry in Service to their Customers. Then they started the "MBA requirement" and started hiring almost exclusively from outside the industry. This was the beginning of the slide that today compaired to then has resulted in many comments to me from the industry reguarding the lack of or poor Customer Service.

ConsI left Rain Bird because I got tired of waiting for them to act on an obvious need in the Market Place that still exists today and for the insentives being put further and further out of reach after having another very successful year of gaining Market Share.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's to late for this, They didn't listen then so why would I waste my time trying now!

Stodgy, stuck in the 80's culture

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery smart, talented people work below the directors. You establish some very good professional friendships. Salary is good but bonuses or raises non-existent.

ConsPeople are not valued. They develop state of the art products but with antiquated equipment & IT support. Manager must do everything; for such a large company there is extremely limited HR, recruiting, administrative help. Company is not nimble enough to compete in the new business climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture.
    Value your people; don't just think you value you them because you say you do, prove it in your actions!
    You expect managers to be admin; give them the support & resources they need to manage and grow the business.

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!