Rain Bird Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.2

Anthony LaFetra

Pros
  • The base pay is good with an acceptable incentive plan (in 14 reviews)

• Rain Bird makes a quality product and has the potential to be a truly great company (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management Staff is completely disconnected from reality (in 31 reviews)

• Left behind are inexperienced rookies following orders given by the inept Sr staff and upper management (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today!

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

Rain Bird used to have a great Sales and Marketing staff that led the industry in Service to their Customers. Then they started the "MBA requirement" and started hiring almost exclusively from outside the industry. This was the beginning of the slide that today compaired to then has resulted in many comments to me from the industry reguarding the lack of or poor Customer Service.

Cons

I left Rain Bird because I got tired of waiting for them to act on an obvious need in the Market Place that still exists today and for the insentives being put further and further out of reach after having another very successful year of gaining Market Share.

It's to late for this, They didn't listen then so why would I waste my time trying now!

Stodgy, stuck in the 80's culture

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very smart, talented people work below the directors. You establish some very good professional friendships. Salary is good but bonuses or raises non-existent.

Cons

People are not valued. They develop state of the art products but with antiquated equipment & IT support. Manager must do everything; for such a large company there is extremely limited HR, recruiting, administrative help. Company is not nimble enough to compete in the new business climate.

Change the culture.
    Value your people; don't just think you value you them because you say you do, prove it in your actions!
    You expect managers to be admin; give them the support & resources they need to manage and grow the business.

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!