Rain Bird Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

2.2

Anthony LaFetra

Pros
  • The base pay is good with an acceptable incentive plan (in 14 reviews)

• Industry leader; quality products (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management Staff is completely disconnected from reality (in 31 reviews)

• Left behind are inexperienced rookies following orders given by the inept Sr staff and upper management (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Would work for them again

Former Employee - Sprinkler Guys  in  Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Sprinkler Guys in Azusa, CA

I worked at Rain Bird full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, got to live in Birmingham and had my boss's support

Cons

Offices are very aged...There is not a lot of room for advancement unless you are an engineer

Stay Far away from this company

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Co-Workers. A lot of very talented people to work with, A good place to meet contacts that you will need when you get cut

Cons

Poor management. Ranking system is outdated and creates a very high turnover and poor moral. If you like a job that you always wonder everyday you go to work is it going to be your last, then Rain Bird is the company for you.

It was an excellent company many years ago, but sadly those days are gone.

Get a new management team and stop the reign of fear

I'm leaving when a good opportunity presents itself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay
    Decent benefits
    Good people
    Technology upgrades for all (I just received a new top of the line Dell)

Cons

No career advancement opportunities unless you are willing to be a "Yes Man"
    Management fears LaFetra so they won't make waves
    The company is stuck in a 1980's mentality and management styles
    Very myopic leadership from the "Directors"
    People leave or get fired and their positions are not filled. The remaining skeleton crew is forced to take the new responsibilities but do not receive compensation. This leads to a domino effect of resignations.

None. They won't take any advice

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More of the same

Current Employee - Marketing AG  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing AG in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Azusa is a nice location, cost of living reasonable for CA, good and affordable schools, good traffic and restaurants in the area.
    Peers are great to work with

Cons

Lack of leadership
    No interest in strategic planning, only a list of ‘tactical goals’ are given as the ‘strategic plan’ by the owner
    Tons of values and beliefs, no one cares to behave according with them
    Lack of information sharing
    Management is afraid of losing their jobs, thus a lot of “finger pointing” and “scapegoats”

Hire professional management and leaders, specially in HR, not “Yes, Tony’s men” or sell the company sooner than is planned

Rain Bird is a great stepping stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

The people are great, the pay is ok,. They help you with school and have really good benefits.

Cons

Management is management, and the lower level employees are often left out of decision making. It's bad for morale. They need to involve everyone.

Management really needs to look at more than the bottom line. You have good people, working very hard. Their expectations are high and unrealistic given the reductions in staff. Something has to give.

Great people work at Rain Bird

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

There are lots of great people that work for Rain Bird. It is a company that has a good reputation.

Cons

There are cutbacks taking place all of the time. Rain Bird is hiring plenty of managers but keeps cutting back on the staff that supports them.

Remember who the people are that support you. If you keep cutting back you might be doing their job one day.

Rain Bird must fly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

Compenstation was the reason for going and working there as long as I did. I was eventually tired of the place adn realize that no amount of money makes it worth it.

Cons

It is the same as most other reports about the Bird, no leadership at all and weak kneed upper managment.

The should realize the way they operate, it will make them warped in their thinking and make them ___ kissers the rest of their lives.

Frustration and poor management is the norm, to many jobs to do, to many hours invested every day and zero recognition

Current Employee - Cann't Tell Ya' Know!  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Cann't Tell Ya' Know! in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Only salary is the bait use for all

Cons

Well, poor management, no leadership and being push to do more than one job while you are basically force to work more than what is normal and with no resources is the day to day job, no respect and hearing comments from managers that do not value the effort to get results

Frustration work load from middle management, I heard this from some one before "we are not lean we are anorexic" will describe what's happening, do not yell at people we notice that during your morning meetings, do not use the F or BS words that often and do not use the BS

No place to work for long.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Rainbird has good pay when you work well. Rainbird has great name recognition but it is undeserved. Other than that, not much is good.

Cons

Rainbird management is too close-minded when presented with differing opinions. Upper management is more like yes men when faced with Anthony.

change the president to somebody who listens and cares for the opinions of others people. Be fair and professional to outside companies that bring new ideas. DO NOT be a predator.

Rain Bird is the best employer I've worked for

Current Employee - Corporate Support  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Support in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Pay is great. Work is challenging. Contrary to reports, Rain Bird does have concern for their line employees and unmentioned, many of them have 25 to 35 years at their positions. Rain Bird is spending a good deal on upgrading their technology. I also like it that Rain Bird is a pay as you go company - not fettered by any debt. Rain Bird will survive the current economic turmoil.

Cons

Turnover is high but this is also due to folks coming and using Rain Bird as a stepping stone. Times are tough and Rain Bird has to deal with a lot of issues remain profitable and decisions are going to cause a lot of hardship on many employees.

None. The company is profitable and seems to get it right. I would have to say, try to get a handle on why there are so many disgruntled former employees.

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!