Rain and Hail Insurance Reviews

Steve Harms

1. Accounting Assistant

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Johnston, IA
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Johnston, IA

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time (More than a year)

A great environment to work in. All the co-workers were great. I don't think I ran into one person I could not get a long with. They made me feel welcome day 1. Good training for the job. Kept busy all day and had opportunities to work in other departments.

Salary was a little low, but with the environment they balance each other out.

Advice to Management

Honestly do what your doing. It is a great company to work for. I had to relocate otherwise I would still be there.

2. QC Auditor/Claims, Raleigh

Former Employee - Adjuster in Raleigh (Liberia)
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Raleigh (Liberia)

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time

You could make up time, and come in early if you had surgery the prior day. You only get 5 days vacation and nothing else the first year. So if it snows, you get to work 11 hours if you are unable to show up.

I was told in my interview everyone was a family. Which is why I accepted. It turned out to be a dysfunctional family. The office was stiffeling, old and dusty, as were the people. I literally had to clean my own cubical out when I started.Then sat for 5 months with nothing to do. Literally, my supervisor showed no interest in me . Until I showed interest in another department which I worked great in. She had never even trained an employee before. But of course no matter what you do right, you have those spinning their wheel. BA

Advice to Management

Advance to our century. Get new chairs for employees. Everything in that office is from when it started. Have you heard the word ergonomic? Or are you an exception from the real world.

RSS Feed </> Embed