RainKing

Be The First To
Add Photos

RainKing CEO Bill Kapner

Bill Kapner

A rapidly growing company with a ton of potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic leadership team. Managers are promoted from within, upper management is top-notch. Plenty of internal mobility; do well here and you will have opportunities throughout the organization (research, sales, account management, IT).

This is a small company that moves fast, all the while managers are very accommodating; people are not left behind as the organization pivots toward new and better processes.

ConsThe organization is a bit siloed; as roles become increasingly specialized, additional steps should be taken to keep teams and departments working with and talking to one another.

Trust in yourself, you will succeed.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsThe firm gives you freedom to make mistakes and learn from them. Demanding sales culture based on doing what's right for the customer. Being customer centric has its drawbacks in morale sometimes, but is necessary in the bigger picture. Change in research methodology has been an enormous advantage in the market place.

ConsNo free rides and you must carry your weight. You will have to work hard to earn your wage, which shouldn't be a surprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for guiding the ship in the correct direction.

Awesome place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work! Very friendly and fun environment. Training is top-notch. I came in with little IT experience and was put though a great training that left me confident, excited, and ready to hit the ground running. Management is always there to help/coach. Lot's of opportunity for growth. Compensation is good as well as great benefits. Company outings to baseball games, happy hours, etc. I would definitely recommend working for RainKing for anyone looking to break into the IT world.

ConsNone that come to mind

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to launch your career

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIf you try at RainKing, you will be given the opportunity to succeed.

RainKing provides excellent experience. Not only have I had the opportunity to learn the IT, HR, and Marketing industries - I've had the opportunity to work within a sales team that is fed warm leads. The sales operations at RainKing are very impressive and give new sales reps the opportunity to be successful. I've been above quota every quarter with RainKing and I must give credit to the sophisticated sales environment and support at RainKing. I had zero sales experience when I started.

The current Sales Director, Patrick Valle, is an excellent mentor and teacher. He is very easy to work with and will not only help you grow as a sales person, but also professionally and personally. He will tell you what he thinks will work, and 99% of the time he is 100% correct. Patrick has coached under-performing reps into top performing reps.

The people at RainKing are great and good friends. The hours are flexible, and if you are performing, there is little concern if you need to leave early or come in a little late.

I highly recommend RainKing to people who would like to learn more about sales or marketing. The sales roles at RainKing will allow you to learn both industries and will jump start your career.

ConsIt seems the current sales culture at RainKing is to arm you with the experience and industry knowledge to go out and command a higher compensation package. A pro side of this is, after some time and success at RainKing - people will want to speak with you about other opportunities.

The company culture at RainKing is mediocre. RainKing could improve happiness with random outings/team building events.

Unfortunately I've experienced capped commissions despite doubling the quota.

My salary has not changed after over a year and multiple promotions, despite promises of a 6 month salary review when I was hired - and a 12 month salary review guaranteed in my offer letter.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining people you have trust in, as opposed to focusing on recruiting. The compensation packages are not close to competitive. Without some change, I see recruiting being an issue.

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to compensating your employees.

Reward people for innovative ideas that are implemented.

Fast-growing company with a great product

Bethesda, MD

ProsRainKing is growing extremely quickly, so there is a lot of opportunity within the company to grow and learn. The sales team is given all the tools to succeed if they put forth the effort. The product is extremely fun to sell and the demand is growing by the day. The culture is a positive one and there are free bagel Fridays. Overall it is a great place to work.

ConsWith a growing company you have to wear many hats, and this means hard work. The flip side of this is that good ideas can have a tremendous effect on the company's growth, so the work is more rewarding than at a large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. If you keep the product at the cutting edge, continue expanding the effective marketing, and incentivizing your sales people then the company will thrive.

Great Place to Work

Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsThis company has great leadership and as market leading solution, which translates into a great place to work. Sales leadership is always there to offer encouragement and ideas to help you succeed. Always getting inbound leads to help you fill your pipeline and meet/ exceed your goals. Open door policy for all execs - encouraged to offer ideas. The work environment is very friendly and a team atmosphere to help all win. The product team is always working to make a great product even better to keep ahead of the competition. Research Team listens to our customers and adds data that will meet their needs and keep up with trends. If you are offered a job here, take it.

ConsI cannot really offer any cons about this company. I have worked I large and small companies in different industries for many, many years and this is by far the best place I have ever worked.

Positive Experience and Overall Great Employer

Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsSince my first day with the company everyone has been very helpful and inviting. I felt very comfortable asking my colleagues questions and they were happy to help. I went through a very thorough training the first couple of weeks that allowed me to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to perform successfully on the job. To this day I am constantly learning and being encouraged by my management team and colleagues to do my best. My role is entry level but the daily activities allow me to become very well rounded and develop strong communication skills. Not to mention my management team is very experienced and has taught me how to spend my time wisely and excel within the company.

ConsNothing negative to express about my current experience!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep a positive company culture!

RainKing offers a winning culture and a friendly work environment

Bethesda, MD

ProsEasy access to management, leadership at every level, company goals are easily translated to personal goals

ConsCompany holds employees to a high standard. Hard work is rewarded so not a good place for slackers

Advice to Senior ManagementMore company sponsored outings

Amicable, casual working environment but poor compensations and lack of structure

Demand Generation Specialist (Current Employee)

Pros1) Casual Dress Code
    2) Lot's of young employees, fun event, i.e. happy hours
    3) Relatively flexible working hours

Cons1) Compensation and benefits need to be much more competitive
    2) Lack of an organized career progression plan and structure
    3) Lot's of turnover, at one point was seeing tons of new employees each week with a lot leaving also

Advice to Senior Management1) Don't be afraid to shell out more money to keep talented employees
    2) Outline a clear career progression to lower level employees

Great company with tremendous vision

Business Development (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at RainKing for 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I developed and fine tuned many marketable skills that I will carry with me throughout my career. My colleagues and management were very supportive and helpful. Everyone is extremely dedicated and this is proved in the output and environment.

ConsI was remote and wished I had more face to face interaction with my colleagues.

Worked for RainKing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RainKing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RainKing CEO Bill Kapner. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by RainKing employees.