Rainbow USA

Albert Chehebar

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stocker  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stocker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Rainbow USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun co-workers, flexible hours, fun job

Cons

The pay and rude customers

Give workers a chance for raises

Incompetent, Unqualified and Inconsiderate Supervisors

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at Rainbow USA part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a pretty close drive from my house and as a college student with little income or time, it was convenient.
    Some of my coworkers were entertaining to be around.

Cons

Leadership is poor: From the regional manager on down the leadership was nonexistent. Regional manager would show up to work in halter tops, jeans and flip flops. Store managers would wear inappropriate clothing and had no sense of professionalism. One time a customer threatened to jump me and my boss just looked on rather than stepping in and trying to remove them from the store.

No room for personal growth: I worked as a glorified janitor for 2 years. I would come in, straighten clothing, dust, mop, sweep and leave. I was finally allowed to run the cash register after about 18 months of working there.

Inconsiderate Supervisors: I was consistently given the closing shift on weekends. When I would ask for a day time shift I would get scheduled for either 3 hours or 5hrs and 45 minutes so I wouldn't have a lunch break. And those are the days I actually worked. I was on call usually twice a week and on call usually meant that I'd have to call in 2 or 3 times a day to find out if I was actually needed (instead of them calling me). One week I was given 25 hours of work and ended up working a total of 8 because I was on call and not needed, sent home early, or was called off when I was scheduled to work. From a company standpoint they don't provide much time off. They're essentially open 365 with the exceptions being Christmas I believe.

AND HERE'S THE KICKER. There was an armed robbery the day before I was scheduled to work. I showed up to work the next day to discover that 2 coworkers had quit and the others called out. After hearing the managers talk in hushed tones and being the only floor worker in all day, I discovered there was an armed robbery that they failed to tell me about. Luckily I had my phone on me that day and texted my dad to which he immediately came and picked me up from work. A few months later they finally got around to hiring a security guard. One day I got a call from the security guard asking me if i could come in to cover his shift. That's right, the security guard called ME ( I am a very petite girl) to fill in because "he missed the last bus of the evening to get to work and didn't have enough money for a cab".

Minimum wage is unacceptable, reexamine what the qualifications are for putting people in management positions.

I learned that customers are your main focus and priority

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Macon, GA

I have been working at Rainbow USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reasons we're that I loved working with the public, I loved the customer and how I provided excellent customer service skills, the benefits,

Cons

There really wasn't any, the only one was pleasing angry customers, but that wasn't hard once you put yourself in their position

Do all you can and do your very best to the best of your ability, and remember that if you're dealing with customers, that should be your main focus and priority

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE

I worked at Rainbow USA

Pros

nice meeting new people/ coworkers even though they can be super shady

Cons

LOW PAY for the amount of things being done thats not in job description. if you wanted sales associates to also be security a pay increase would be needed or get cameras !

treat employees with more respect.

To my surprise

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Highlands, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Highlands, FL

I have been working at Rainbow USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are not Micro Managed. They do have a training format in place, there are books you can reference to guide you. They stress Cleaning and appearance of the store and have a daily schedule you must check off every day, open checklist, a closing checklist, a Sunday cleaning list, and a visual merchandising list. Store manager must close on Friday, Open on Monday and work the first Sunday of the month. They are pretty relaxed. They have a great markdown system in place as to quickly turn their merchandise so they are not sitting on stale product. This company is debt free, and trending up in sales.

Cons

Salary is on the low end. Very small Bonuses ( I guess that's how they stay debt free ), There is no Monthly Bonus. You have no control of your inventory, meaning you get what you get. Even as salary you have to wait a full year to be eligible for a vacation day and You do not get Holiday Pay until after like 90 days, so during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, manager is working 6 days if you start 4th Qtr , which I did.

My District Manager is great and probably one of the hardest working people I have ever met but on the corporate side..., maybe consider your contests being top store in every district gets a pizza party instead of the top 10 in the company. There is zero motivation for the stores outside of NY & NJ, we know we won't win. Allow a seasonal assistant position you are missing out on talent you already have in the store, promoting from within does work. I have cashiers that are as good as 3rd keys... wasted talent, they will move on to another company eventually. Once a month have the store managers recap their business into a business summery, make them look at their business ie: what sold well, what isn't ( maybe it's a matter of product placement, , what does the store need, maybe there were heavy rain days and that's why the numbers were not there, or an event happened in town and you had a great week. Track success and failures.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Junior Assistant Manager  in  Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Assistant Manager in Killeen, TX

I worked at Rainbow USA full-time

Pros

This store location will almost always reach the sales quota. I had very many wonderful sales associates and co-workers. You'll see some interesting people come through. That's about it.

Cons

Stay away from this place if you are looking into a management position. I could write an entire book on why, but I'll try to keep it short. It took them 6 months before I actually was sat down to be trained for my position, in the meantime, I only learned what not to do after I was written up multiple times for things I was not aware of. Much of which that is simply out of your own control. Many of the things a store manager should be able to do, you have to wait for the district manager to do. Like HIRE people to work in the store. We were severely understaffed at one time, and the entire 3 people that worked in the store was written up for not being able to keep up with their daily duties.(This is basically the top selling store in the region mind you) The turn over rate is high, and the higher ups tend to remind you how disposable you are. Compensation is not even that great, and I believe there aren't any benefits unless you are the store manager and up. Not worth your time, unless you are just looking at a sales associate position (which is't that great either, but is a whole lot less pressure) or being way up there in management (i.e. district manager and up).

Get rid off "on-call" days, either have employees work or not. There are too many store policies and procedures that hinder work performance in all areas. They should really reevaluate they way they do their product stock/inventory and also their reprimand system. Most of all, proper training for all new employees along with some humanity.

Ok first job

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Rainbow USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great discount and great people to work with, have 401k and they love to promote from within the company from sales to management

Cons

Low pay, high turn over rate of all levels of staff, high theft stores, strict on payroll and at time work alone which is not safe

District manager and regional manager need to listen to in store personnel who work with the customers everyday to improve the store
    Lp need to listen to stores to prevent theft n not just fire the whole staff

Very immature place to work, horrible district staff.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Niagara Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at Rainbow USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy schedule made by myself. I can't think of anything else positive to say about the time I worked there.

Cons

Constant markdowns. Store falling apart & no one cares to fix. Too cheap. Short-handed all the time trying to manage payroll.
    No mileage or travel time reimbursement. Six-day work weeks for every holiday week. They expect you to work extra hours whenever they feel like making you work.

Learn how to speak to people. Treat everyone with respect. Have something positive to say.

It is what it is

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Rainbow USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the people who work for rainbow.

Cons

Pay is not all that great

None

Peary location to get to but not very productive

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Stocker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Stocker in New York, NY

I have been working at Rainbow USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

The store manager is very nice. Easy location to get to.

Cons

Not the greatest pay. Annoying customers. Lack of consistent and steady hours. Not much chsnce to grow within the company, ridiculous attire, cheaply looking clothes.

I would say that the rotating schedule should end and give employees preference over what hours and days work for them based on their availability. Without good employees equals no revenue and stability.

Worked for Rainbow USA? Contribute to the Community!