Rainbow USA

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Albert Chehebar

To my surprise

Highlands, FL

ProsYou are not Micro Managed. They do have a training format in place, there are books you can reference to guide you. They stress Cleaning and appearance of the store and have a daily schedule you must check off every day, open checklist, a closing checklist, a Sunday cleaning list, and a visual merchandising list. Store manager must close on Friday, Open on Monday and work the first Sunday of the month. They are pretty relaxed. They have a great markdown system in place as to quickly turn their merchandise so they are not sitting on stale product. This company is debt free, and trending up in sales.

ConsSalary is on the low end. Very small Bonuses ( I guess that's how they stay debt free ), There is no Monthly Bonus. You have no control of your inventory, meaning you get what you get. Even as salary you have to wait a full year to be eligible for a vacation day and You do not get Holiday Pay until after like 90 days, so during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, manager is working 6 days if you start 4th Qtr , which I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy District Manager is great and probably one of the hardest working people I have ever met but on the corporate side..., maybe consider your contests being top store in every district gets a pizza party instead of the top 10 in the company. There is zero motivation for the stores outside of NY & NJ, we know we won't win. Allow a seasonal assistant position you are missing out on talent you already have in the store, promoting from within does work. I have cashiers that are as good as 3rd keys... wasted talent, they will move on to another company eventually. Once a month have the store managers recap their business into a business summery, make them look at their business ie: what sold well, what isn't ( maybe it's a matter of product placement, , what does the store need, maybe there were heavy rain days and that's why the numbers were not there, or an event happened in town and you had a great week. Track success and failures.

Ok first job

Phila, PA

ProsGreat discount and great people to work with, have 401k and they love to promote from within the company from sales to management

ConsLow pay, high turn over rate of all levels of staff, high theft stores, strict on payroll and at time work alone which is not safe

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict manager and regional manager need to listen to in store personnel who work with the customers everyday to improve the store
    Lp need to listen to stores to prevent theft n not just fire the whole staff

It is what it is

Buffalo, NY

ProsLove the people who work for rainbow.

ConsPay is not all that great

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Peary location to get to but not very productive

Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe store manager is very nice. Easy location to get to.

ConsNot the greatest pay. Annoying customers. Lack of consistent and steady hours. Not much chsnce to grow within the company, ridiculous attire, cheaply looking clothes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say that the rotating schedule should end and give employees preference over what hours and days work for them based on their availability. Without good employees equals no revenue and stability.

It was the best place to work at. I had lots of fun with my co-workers. We were like a family.

Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee)
    Humble, TX

ProsDiscounts, Hours, having fun at the workplace

ConsPay, District Manager breathing over your shoulder

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to treat their employees better. I'm talking about the District Managers thinking they're all that.

LOW CLASS

Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee)

Prosweekly pay. great discounts, cool clothes

Consmagangerment is horrible. constant stealing disrespectful customers.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people

I think my work experience at Rainbow was the most difficult retail experience I have every had in my 30 years in retail

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Montgomery, AL

ProsMy work schedule and location was idea for a working parent.

ConsAs the store manager I felt that the district manager wasn't very supportive and open to management idea's to improve work enviroment

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish that while I worked at Rainbow I had more training from upper management. I think that inventories should be schedule earlier and should be done by someone in lost prevention. I would hope that lp would spend more time in store that have high strink to help management try to fix the problems instead of firing a whole staff....High turnover is a symptom of high strink not a solution

Bad

Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Pros%30 discount, Returning, happy customers

Cons1. Very boring
    2. Long hours
    3. "Boss" doesn't take care of things she's supposed to. (The air has been broken forever, so has other things, needs to do a better job scheduling people, hire more employees to watch etc.)
    4. Management will get you in trouble, while others are getting away with everything (attitudes with customers, not following the rules, etc.). People did not do their jobs, and never got scolded. And when people didn't do their jobs, it interferes with what you are doing, and it would throw you off. It's supposed to work like a well oiled machine. If you do your job like you are supposed to, then I can better do my job, and it flows. But there's bad communication. Just people giving you attitudes.
    6. Constantly being watched
    7. "Manager" never had any positive feedback. She never said anything nicely.
    8. The customer does not come first!
    9. Working holidays, nights, and weekends.
    10. Felt like most of my job was cleaning.
    11. Stop worrying about things that aren't relavent
    I did not like having to come into work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, better security, we would have had a better work day, if you got the things in the store fixed, put some money into your store, pick better people for management. Let the customers peacefully shop.

DM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou have a lot of control over your own destiny. Great controls help you manage shrink. Corporate will at least listen to your gripes and suggestions. Most are dedicated and talented professionals. They want your input regarding competition, customer reaction to product, etc.

ConsUsual retail issues such as payroll, low wages at store level, long required hours for salaried management and heavy task work load. Your situation depends on your immediate supervisor. A lot of discrepancy among DMs and RMs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe buyers need to be sharper with regard to trends.

Good experience for retail

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsLearned how to work with rude and impatient people, good pay, friendly atmosphere

ConsI have no cons about this company. Great experience for first job!

Worked for Rainbow USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rainbow USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rainbow USA CEO Albert Chehebar. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Rainbow USA employees.