Rakuten Loyalty
www.rakutenloyalty.com Boston, MA 50 to 149 Employees

Rakuten Loyalty Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Michael Jaconi

I am glad I am part of this

ProsThe executive of this company managed to move this company from a project driven company with no future into a product company that makes everyone working there proud of being part of this change. The fun is about to start here and the growth is going to skyrocket. I am happy I stayed to witness this and be part of it.

ConsThe cons were some initial employee of this company. I am glad they are no longer here

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you and keep up the change

Don't work here, it doesn't deserve a single star

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pros were the people and the perks before, but both are gone now.

ConsNo perks, ridiculous hours, not much vacation, terrible management, no standards, bad practices, clients that hate the company, untrustworthy HR, high employee turnover, bad projects, favoritism, language barriers caused by management who do not understand US English, terrible office with not enough conference rooms and no privacy, lies, deception, no growth, no challenges...the list can go on, the worst company you could ever work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to get some management training, and leave the opinions to the experts. The first stop would be to stop lying to and threatening employees.

First Time for Intern and They do not teach Anything!

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsYou have a lot of free time because you have nothing can do.

ConsEverything but lots of free time

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you love this company, change a company to work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very deceptive company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsOpportunity to learn new technologies, but they seem to be gambling too much by only using newer technologies. NoSQL + Node.js + Buzzword bull. They seem to be more concerned with buzzword compliance that using proven technologies.

ConsThey claim to have more than 20 million subscribers, but with their platforms being essentially legal adware/spyware tools, most of the subscribers are not acquired voluntarily. One assumes most of Freecause.com’s subscribers don’t even acknowledge what Freecause is, who their clients and sponsors are, or that they are individually subscribed to a marketing list created by Freecause, which is used to strictly create revenue streams for third parties (and of course themselves), via annoying, malicious tools.

Seems to be run by a CTO that has unresolved childhood issues where he must feel authoritative. That may work in other countries, but this is the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a competent CTO that speaks proper English and knows the culture of the US market.

Growing company with evolving company challenges & great career opportunities!

ProsGreat leadership, smart coworkers, potential for upward mobility.

ConsThings move fast, sometimes too fast, you have to be willing & able to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in employees & seeking feedback to make our company the best it can be.

Amazing

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsLots to learn, lots to explore, lots to do and lots of fun.
    I have worked with the best and the worst and Rakuten outperforms the best by far. The job at Rakuten is like a daily challenge and I'm very proud of what we have achieved so far. Some people follow leads, we create leads, we create options, we create opportunities and we grow.

My opinion is biased mainly because of the enthusiasm I have for the company and mainly because I see the vision and see where this is going, and it's only towards a better place.

I heard some people talking about some senior people that happen to work endlessly, I'm probably the one they're refering to. I do that for a reason, success is nothing but a focused hard work and the determination to go to the next level, and every day we're getting to a new level.

ConsDon't join unless you're super smart, this is not a place for the average minds.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Real world problems, interesting tech stack, creative leadership

Pros- actual consumer driven solutions
    - fast-paced environment
    - cutting edge tech stack
    - disciplined coding standards
    - supportive management

Cons- start-up environment (not a con for me but for most who fail)
    - high standards
    - aggressive deadlines

Learned a lot

Manager (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

Prossince i joined almost everyday i learn something new. super smart people, sharp and focused. very challenging environment but lots of fun. the product we are working on are going to disrupt the loyalty space.

Consnothing major to mention. minor stuff like any company

Advice to Senior Managementyou can do better in hiring

Great potential, completely squandered

ProsYour coworkers are going to be some of the brightest and most dedicated people you'll work with.
    Amazing office location.
    Lunch provided every day.
    Salary well above average.

ConsPriorities change on a daily basis - when everything isn't top priority.
    Management by threat and intimidation in the absence of clear goals and milestones.
    Two weeks vacation. Really?
    No telecommuting.
    Open plan, noisy office.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch your CTO. He's going to destroy the company, if he hasn't dealt it a death blow already.

Great company with talented, entrepreneurial coworkers!

ProsGreat opportunities for career growth.
    Owned by one of the largest internet companies in the world.
    Work with cutting edge technology.
    Strong management team dedicated to doing the right thing.

ConsThings move extremely fast at Rakuten Loyalty, so you must work well under pressure to succeed here.

Worked for Rakuten Loyalty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rakuten Loyalty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rakuten Loyalty CEO Michael Jaconi. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Rakuten Loyalty employees.