Ralcorp

Ralcorp Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Ralcorp Co-CEO, President, and Director Kevin J. Hunt

Kevin J. Hunt

Good company. Grew a lot professionally.

Demand Planner (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere is a strong culture towards encouraging a good balance between work and life. Also, lots of hidden perks (Cards tickets, etc.).

ConsMost managers are pretty good and open (as with any other company), but a select few are terrible at understanding their team, and encouraging professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake notice of the people you manage; listen to their ideas, and encourage their professional development. This will benefit the company long term.

Great people, strong ethics, very collaborative environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsI have been able to create my own opportunities and grow into a position that I'm passionate about. Excellent work/life balance and respectful environment.

ConsCommunication within St. Louis is very good but need more communication to plants and other office locations. Still act like we're a small company at times.

It is better then some places, not as good as others.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

Prosthe pay is decent,the Work is pretty easy, and most of the people are good to work with. People are will to help out when needed.

Consattendance policy sucks, lack of communication, group leaders, sometimes do not let you know what is going on. Not enforcing the rules the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to people on the floor doing the work, if you have mandatory overtime realize that sometimes u need a day off to do things that you can't get done if you are at work all the time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A place to begin

Network Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIt is a great first step, with in IT there is no next step for me.
    If you are in production or management this is a great place to get in the door.
    They have a very good internal promotion program.
    HR tries hard to promote a happy work place by offering health fairs and education opportunities.

Production managers empower plant floor people to make suggestions and improvements.

ConsCommunication is a challenge.
    There is still a feeling of hidden agendas with in management.
    Recent consolidation of divisions into Ralcorp is shaking everyones nerves.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is a key to growth. Being open and honest about our business and decisions is helpful.

Cheap with no bonus hope or equality

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsStable company. Low risk business portfolio.

ConsLow Salary with only the promise of bonus that is arbitrarily determined

Advice to Senior ManagementLead. Pay to keep Talent.

The Ralcorp Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFinancially sound, well established company in an excellent line of business (private label foods) to be in especially during a medium to mild economic recession. Many people have switched to private label foods due to a high level of unemployment, and continually climbing gas prices, etc. Lots of oportunity for growth within Ralcorp due to constant changes and aquisitions by the company..

ConsMajor lacks of communications between the Corporate office and the divisional food manufacturing plants. Significant performance issues as a result of the communication issues. No clear direction from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the multitude of high level managment teams in the divisions and corporate office down to a smaller number of individuals who actually add value to the business. Seek answers and solutions from the employees of the company that actually do the work and not from the protected Director level class of employees.

Great company until the reorganization

ProsFlexible, great people to work with

ConsUpper management doesn't seem to care about the employees and over worked

I love my job

ProsGood Benefits - Medical, Vacation & Salary

ConsThe Admin and Hourly is Management Driven

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

Great people and great company.

ProsThe company is continuously growing and the people are great.

ConsEmployees are spread too thin.

One person's trash is another's treasure

Production Lead (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the best things about working here is that you stay busy your entire shift. You get breaks to rest and relax, but the rest of the time you are hard at work. It makes the shift go by quickly.

ConsThe thing is, if you like production, this is a great place to work. If you don't like production, you'll hate this place. The turnover of employees is really high.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to listen to the people actually doing the work, rather than relying on their own standards set by someone else. The people doing the work need to be heard, or they'll stop doing the work and you'll be left to do the work yourself.

Worked for Ralcorp? Contribute to the Community!