Raley's Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
142 reviews filtered by

1. Solid company

I worked at Raley's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company provides great benefits, even for part time employees. Pay starts out a little above minimum wage, but that is to be expected with entry level positions.

Cons

It is fairly difficult to become a full time entry level position. It takes a long time to accumulate a significant boost in hourly pay.

2. Solid company, good management

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

If you like working with the public then the checker (clerk) experience is for you. Nice people work here, management in this store is very fair and cool. Good benefits. Company considers itself a family. They do work with me and my schedule.

Cons

Not sure that compensation is competitive but I have not shopped the competition for that info. Unclear about how committed company is to developing employees.

3. Good company great coworkers

Former Employee - Clerk
    Former Employee - Clerk

I worked at Raley's

Pros

Great people, customers and supervisors

Cons

Erratic hours, management shifting disruptive

Advice to Management

Good company just not my career

5. Great Company!!

I have been working at Raley's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at the corporate office, and the people are friendly, my boss is awesome and each day has brought a new and exciting challenge! I look forward to coming to work everyday!

Cons

I am not used to being on a time clock, it's get a bit annoying at times. I had been a salaried employee for many years having to clock in and out and take breaks when everyone else has been a challenge.

6. An ok place to gain some entry level skills

Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work around school schedules, closed on Saturdays, leniency with sick calls or late punches, fun and hard working coworkers, decent pay steps/raises, decent benefits.

Cons

Open on Sundays, strange rules and procedures, no clear training guidelines, questionable ethics, no bonuses or recognition, terrible operating hours, dirty work environment, no chance to move up, nonsensical scheduling and worst of all, poor management.

Advice to Management

Make correct schedules at least 2 weeks in advance, have clear training guidelines, stop with rules and procedures, learn to give credit to those where credit is due.

7. Amazing opportunties

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

Great benefits, very rewarding, working with amazing people, helping grow the business, great promotional opportunities, very professional.

What started out as a part time job as a Courtesy Clerk for me while going to school, turned into a life long career. Can be very rewarding as long as you put the work and discipline into the job. Always be willing to learn more, and make it known to your Store Team Leader you are interested in moving up. They are your biggest asset.

Cons

Nothing I can think of besides working most holidays, which obviously comes with retail.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing because it works! I love the constant feed back on how I am doing, and the guidance and resources to help me succeed to move up further in the company.

8. On going negotiations. Sacramento

Current Employee - Clerk in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

Good opportunity for kids in high school & college

Cons

Currently people have been frozen at step 7 which is 12 $ an hour. Some people have been stuck here over 2 years. Next step is 13.98 $ an hour. I'm certainly ready for my next step raise.

9. I enjoy working for a company that has many opportunities for employees, Raley's is the best place to work

Current Employee - Otl
    Current Employee - Otl

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

Our company has excellent benefits, team leaders, and family values, we excell at coaching and promoteing from with in. The opportunities are avalabile to anyone with the drive and vision to succeed.

Cons

the store is open 7am to 11pm so late shift may not be for everyone also some environments are cold such as dairy box and frozen food

Advice to Management

it is a fast pace environment no desk job, you must be organized, and a servant leader.

Raley's Response

Jan 7, 2015Human Rescources

Raley's is proud to promote from within whenever possible. There are lots of opportunities available for those who are interested. Retail is not for everyone - the work hours can vary in such a ... More

10. Great company that cares about their employees

Current Employee - Pharmacy in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

Raley's is small enough that you can get things done but large enough to provide excellent benefits.
    The company is so friendly and welcoming. I did not know that companies like this existed any longer!

Cons

Rollouts of needed upgrades happen slowly, but are well thought out before being implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture positive and friendly. It makes a difference

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Privately owned company, great culture, great people to work with, flexible work schedules.

Cons

Comp seems to be pretty low.