Raley's Reviews

140 reviews filtered by

1. cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Reno, NV

I worked at Raley's (more than a year)

Pros

pleasant place to work. co workers were great, the atmosphere was positive.

Cons

not much room for advancement. You could be working there for years and pretty much be suck in the same position.

2. fast paced and always something to learn

I have been working at Raley's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

tons of different positions and areas to move into. Lots of local locations to move to if you need a change.

Cons

Tend to hire people off the street for corporate jobs more often. Very different cultures from store to store.

Raley's Response

Dec 30, 2014Human Rescources

Yes, "fast paced and always something to learn" describes Raley's. Learning is a core value of ours and we encourage team members seek and share knowledge. And yes, we agree that there are "tons of ... More

3. Good company to work for!

Current Employee - Head Meat Cutter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Head Meat Cutter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is still a customer orientated and offers quality products and the office still knows who you are you don't feel like a number . The company policies are realistic and advancement is great!

Cons

the company has grown in the past 10yrs and slowly becoming like your Safeway and Kroger style grocery stores

Advice to Management

listen to the ol timers that built Raleys to what it is ...but you'll have to see them at home they all have retired now. the peter principal is taking effect now days... incompetent yes men at the helm ...YA THINK... YOU BET!!

5. Great Company - Great People

Current Employee - Senior Director of Labor Relations in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Labor Relations in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A family owned highly ethical company with exceptional leadership and great business practices. A very friendly workforce that is highly engaged in their work and always striving to exceed customer expectations.

Cons

I really can't identify any negatives about this business. It is a business that listens to it's people and is always thinking about ways to improve the customer shopping experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. Ozark Trucking ( Raley's trucking company)

Former Employee - Accounts Payable/Receptionist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable/Receptionist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable, laid back atmosphere . I worked in the accounting office and enjoyed my couple of years there. Management was nice and made you feel like you mattered. Only reason I left was I took a job in the public sector, big mistake as I eventually got laid off due to budget cuts. If I had stayed at Ozark at least I'd still have a somehwat secure job.

Cons

Pay was a bit low but for the level of work I did it was acceptable. At the time I was there several of my co-workers were very negative -gossipy types who created a constant bad atmosphere bad mouthing each other and management behind their backs, while smiling in their faces. I hated that and its what motivated me to look elsewhere for another job.

Advice to Management

None- they did a good job.

7. Ok

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Reno, NV

I worked at Raley's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company discounts (which isn't much at all)
    Bounses every six months

Cons

Never ever enough employees. Always short handed. Managers play favorites hard core. This was my first job I started working as a courtesy clerk when I was 16. when I graduated high school many of the other employees in my position were promoted bit I was not. I knew it was because I didn't kiss managements butt. I repeatedly asked management over the years about what I could do to improve my performance and so I could be promoted but I never was. A year and a half later I transferred to a different store and I was immediately promoted. Cashiering is ok, just gets boring. I also worked as a deli/bakery clerk. Manager also played favorites. The deli/bakery's manager was HORRIBLE. She would constantly talk about everyone behind their backs and talk about what everyone was doing wrong but never ever confront anyone about it, not very professional of you ask me. Working in the deli is a horrible job. There is SO much to do and never ever enough people. I usually closed and I was always staying 20-30 sometimes even an hour or more after my shift was over to make sure everything was done correctly. If you stay late they get mad at you for over time. But if you don't do what needs to be done you get in more trouble. Over all I would not recommend this company. At one time I'm sure it was a great company to work for but many things changed just over the 4 years I was there. Benefits decreased a lot, I really just felt like a number and not like a person working for this employer. For the work that you do the pay is not good.

8. If you are going to work at a grocery store. Work for this one.

Current Employee - Night Crew Manager
    Current Employee - Night Crew Manager

I have been working at Raley's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours if you work days and are trying to go to school. One of the better grocery stores to work for. Pretty good benefits, when compared to other industries. However, not as good as they once were, and will likely get worse.

Cons

If you work nights, it is nearly impossible to get back to working days. Low pay, with many apprenticeship steps. Only members of management are given full time status.

9. Overall pretty Good

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in North Auburn, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in North Auburn, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of management is nice. They take care of customers well and will treat you well if you are a good worker and an asset to them. Most of the people there are very nice and friendly. They hire better people overall than most. Benefits (Not the greatest but not horrible). Easy to submit for days off/vacation time and if you're a clerk there's plenty of people to swap shifts with if need be.

Cons

Cut down staffing so there's one person doing the work of what used to be 2-3 people's job. Mildly stressful as often asked to hurry or multi-task in order to keep up with customer's and understaffing. A bit drama-filled but any large store can be.

Advice to Management

Most of the manager's are good. Like 2 out of 3. There's always one or two that's a dread to work with but it's probably overall better than most places.

10. Pays the bills

Current Employee - Meat Department Team Leader
    Current Employee - Meat Department Team Leader

I have been working at Raley's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay good benefits flexibility with scheduling.

Cons

Not much growth potential. Upper management doesn't appear to have earned there spots by performance but by who they know.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be like whole foods.

11. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Management in Calif City, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Calif City, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very good core values
    Family owned
    Customer service
    Cleanliness
    Free WiFi
    Cafe
    Friendly

Cons

Hours, Training, Communication, Equipment, Union

Advice to Management

Improvement needed for compassion towards people with disabilities