Raley's

www.raleys.com
Employer Engaged

Hell

I have been working at Raley's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discounts and full time schedule.

Cons

Company has no $, therefore, always understaffing departments. Customers would always get angry because there were never enough employees to serve them. Upper management does NOT care about their employees. They only care about profits.

Come downstairs and do some of the dirty work when there are hoards of customers and not enough employees.

They never seemed to get my hours correct

I worked at Raley's

Pros

It was a good workout. And they had great benefits after you become part of the Union, which is mandatory after three months

Cons

Never worked with my schedule, always scheduled me on days I couldn't work that I had told them well ahead of time I couldn't work on

Hold your staff accountable, showing up on time is a mandatory thing, not an option

Decent

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Minimum of 24 hours a week

Cons

Horrible managment, late hours and same shifts.

Work!

Good then a lot of changes

Former Employee - No Need in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - No Need in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to have very good team work

Cons

Many upper and middle management changes so processes and procedures changed and few could communicate what was really wanted. Still struggling to find and follow a defined path due to economy.

Choose people that know what they are doing vs ones that treat you well and tell you what you want to hear. Culture was much better prior to family getting back involved.

Raley's Response

Dec 30, 2014Human Rescources

Over the years things have changed. All businesses change over time. Changes come because of the economy or changes in strategy. Change is not bad it provides opportunity for growth and challenges ... More

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. Decent hours, 10% employee discount,

Cons

4-5 hour shifts sometimes, management plays favorites, raises are terrible and take a long time to earn, never a set schedule which makes it hard to have a life, no room for moving up in the company unless you want to spend 10+ years there, terrible music playlist (the same songs play over and over) many many other cons.

Reward people for hard work, set standards and consequences for not meeting them and rewards for exceeding them. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES

Courtesy Clerk

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Employees, good management, employee discount

Cons

Pay is not great for courtesy clerks, no knowledge of advancement opportunities, no set schedules, lots of manual labor for closing clerk

give more advancement opportunities

good job

Current Employee - Clerk in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good hours good pay great people to work with

Cons

none that i know of

Great First Job

Former Employee - Clerk in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Clerk in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a bagger my schedule was very flexible and perfect for college. I had a great relationship with management and with my co-workers. I loved the values of the company and felt that customer service was the most important thing to the company. Management did a good job of rewarding great customer service.

Cons

As a checker I had more hours, but it was way harder to work around my school schedule. I also did not like how many of the lifetime employees were treated as money got tighter. There was a very observable drop in moral among lifetime employees as they saw part time workers get better shifts and more hours.

Treat lifetime employees better. Customer service is your competitive advantage and without happy employees there will be unhappy customers.

One of the best places to work within Placerville

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Placerville, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Placerville, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, the best co-workers you will ever work with (even before I started working here and just shopped here, you could tell everyone has a fun time and enjoys their jobs and helping our customers and town). Good hours and very flexible schedule for those of us who are students (either of High school or College). Being a college student, I am not looking for a promotion to greater responsibilities, but for those who are, you can expect them within mere months of working here. Managers are good at recognizing those who are capable of good work and promote them to higher levels quickly. Everyone in the store is always treated with the fullest respect and fairness possible. If I wasn't a college student, this is definitely the place that I would build a career at. Nearly everyone in town stops by the store on a regular basis, so I would mention getting to know the rest of Placerville as a definite pro as well. Extremely family oriented and I am proud of working for a Placerville original company since 1935.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Keep up the excellent work! I love working for this company, and particularly for this store. Perhaps if I had to name one thing, it would be better scheduling more hours during busy times and less hours during less busy times. It seems there are always too few colleagues when we need them the most, however, I fully understand that this may be difficult to accurately forecast.

IT has an unusually diverse mix of technologies, better opportunities for System Admins than for development.

Former Employee - Software Engineer III in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some great individuals working there have been with the company over 30 years.

Cons

Enterprise feel. Large, slow, expensive changes relying heavily on vendor relationships. Generally low morale.

Encourage innovation and growth in your support center with the same zeal you do in your stores.