Raley's Reviews

Reset
3.8
Raley's President & CEO Michael Teel
Michael Teel

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits, when compared to other industries (in 9 reviews)

• Good Pay if your in the Grocery clerk status (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT care about their employees (in 5 reviews)

• If you want a courtesy clerk to do floral, or any other department for that matter, cross train them appropriately (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A company that feels like family.

Current Employee - Corporate Management in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Management in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A family-owned company with a rich history and a culture that is driven to give the best service and products to customers. There is a sense of family present. There is a common vision and purpose that people believe in.

Cons

Overall, a great place to work. The challenge can come, at times, as ideas surface faster than the ability to move on them. Though great at executing, more partnership across teams is needed to help the company move faster.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting a strong and passionate culture and o work towards clear priorities, to support the common vision and purpose.

2. Pharmcy technician

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time

Pros

good work environment, match 401k at limit

Cons

pay not as good as competition - Safeway, walgreen, ect

3. They try hard, but just don't get it....

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are a wonderful group of people.

Cons

Lack of focused execution. Flavor of the month is very popular. Computer systems are very old and difficult to use, making completing job tasks difficult. Decision makers do not understand how employees use the systems to do their jobs. Millions of dollars are wasted in lost efficiency and cash leakages.

Advice to Management

Walk around. Understand what your employees do and how they do it. Work on removing road blocks and resolving their issues.

5. Great if you are going to school

Current Employee - Clerk in Auburn, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Auburn, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are great with working with my school schedule, so I can continue to go to college.

Cons

Hours are not set, you get your schedule for the next week 4 days before the next week starts, so hard to plan things ahead of time.

6. Good, Local Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loomis, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loomis, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and have an amazing set of values and a great cultural vision. They are still family owned for how large they are, and they do some innovative things in the grocery business. It really does feel like a family

Cons

Somewhat lacking technologically, sometimes pushes need to be made to move forward into today's work culture and mindset. They are trying, however, to move forward into the modern day.

7. Deli Clerk

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for, I have wanted to work there since I was a kid because I always went went my Grandmother. The experience did not disappoint. It was a family oriented job, not sure if that's the culture of the company or just the store I worked at.

Cons

After working in the deli, which I loved. I was demoted due to company downsizing. It was really hurtful because it was seniority, not based on how good you were at your job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. However it was very clique-ish and I am sure some people felt left out of certain activities. I would work a bit harder at including all the employees in outside activities.

8. Store Team Leader

Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great family owned community with strong community involvement. Very diverse, team driven environment that encourages growth within company.

Cons

We are retail, meaning we are open late, work holidays, etc.

Advice to Management

Development of tomorrow's leaders is always a focus. Communicate well with others and you will build a culture that will help champion any win.

It's not too good.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Team Members are like family. • Teamwork is apparent. • FAMILY Values are truly a part of what we do.

Cons

• Very inconsistent scheduling; no time to plan because schedule come out less than a week before the next; fellow employees may receive more hours. • Some rules are nonsensical. • Courtesy Clerks are significantly underpaid. Labor is significantly greater in comparison to similar-paying jobs. • Managers don't ensure training for newly-hired employees which leaves other employees stressed and overworked. • No company apparel.

Advice to Management

Provide consistent schedules, enforce rules appropriately, schedule someone to train newly-hired employees, ask employees if they have any issues every now and again, and allow work to be fun and productive...the more strict you are, the less customers are going to like our repetitiveness and it take away from the personal aspect, and allow employees to interact with each other without feeling they're constantly being watched and uncomfortable.

10. Warehouse job

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits. The people you work for is normally nice. Management can be a bit to strict on rules.

Cons

The long hours can be tiring. Some of the employees do not do any work and can be lazy. This a company that has been around for a while.

Advice to Management

You have to really know what you are doing to be a manager at the main warehouse, but some of the management is not very good at other places.

11. Okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Pros

The company is based in northern California

Cons

I don't want to say anything negative on here.

RSS Feed </> Embed