Ralphs Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
2.6

David Dillon

Pros
  • If you are looking for a part-time job, Ralphs is good because they have flexible hours (in 9 reviews)

• Job security: You have to be a real idiot to get fired after your 2-month probation (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay in comparison to the union workers there but twice the work (in 13 reviews)

• Minimum wage for too much work, high union sign on (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Cashier Position

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working part time at Ralphs is great if your a student but looking for flexible hours.

Cons

Management is unorganized could do a better job.

N/A

Courtesy Clerk

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Irvine, CA

I worked at Ralphs part-time for more than a year

Pros

They were really accommodating with my school schedule and my other job. Tasks can be varied. Interesting customers everyday.

Cons

Your experience will be largely based on how well you get along with the "keys." Being in school prevented me from many opportunities for growth within the company. 10 managers to manage 5 people.

Great experience, worked almo 29 years in lots of different locations throughout the Corporate Offices. Retired in 2010

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

I worked at Ralphs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and great career. This used to be all union but now there are quite a few jobs that are no longer union. Benefits are good, parent company is Kroger out of Cincinnati, OH.

Cons

Working for the company now is very different as our parent company Kroger is very anti-union and has tried and succeeded in taking away union positions. Most people I know that work there are very unhappy and looking forward to retiring asap...

The Ralphs and Food 4 Less original employee's are great people. Instead of supporting your employee's at Ralphs / Food 4 Less you have done everything within your power to destroy their self worth. Ralphs has been around for many years, maybe you should try and learn from the employees who made it a great company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Courtesy Clerk/Combo

Current Employee - Combo  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Combo in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time

Pros

Work with school schedule, different schedule (time shifts you can work) if you are in school

Cons

not enough pay, always more task to do, say bye to all holidays!!

Need to stop worrying about que vision and help employees!!

Bakery Clerk / Cashier

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk/Cashier  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk/Cashier in Brea, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers were very nice and worked well as a team. While I was there the culture was more like a family but that was just with low level employees. Very flexible with students going to college or high school. They do give options to motivated employees to move to different positions. It was an ok job while I went to school but I would not recommend it for long term employment.

Cons

Did not like the way upper management ran that specific location. The pressure put onto employees to reach sale quotas and production quotas were outrageous. There was a high amount of stress put on department managers and employees for very little pay and recognition. They wanted the impossible to be achieved high a low amount of staff and restricted hours.

The company values and standards need to be achieved but not at the cost of committing unethical acts.

My experience at Ralphs was pleasant and went as expected.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule.
    Many different tasks to do.

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow in the company.
    Stand on your feet all day.

Find a way to make the bottom employees feel like they matter.

Not what it used to be

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Riverside, CA

I worked at Ralphs for more than 3 years

Pros

Good part time job with flexible hours if you dont mind working nights and weekends.

Cons

working weekends, nights and holidays. Not enough hours they schedule the minimum

Good for what I needed

Former Employee - Combo Clerk  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Combo Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ralphs part-time for less than a year

Pros

I got the job as a full time community college student. I was looking to work as much as I could, I worked between 25-48 hours per week. You can block out a couple of days for school and still get quite a few hours. The pay sucks a bagger/combo clerk--if you decide to make it your career you can make up to about 20 dollars working the register. After I went away to college, they even hired me back for 2 weeks and I was told that I could come back whenever I was home for school.

Cons

Minimum wage job for new hires

Difficult to please employers

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is very easy to maintain schedule wise if you need some flexibility with your availability. Usually you just let the managers know when you are available and they will work with you. Most of the stores that I had worked at had an amazing team of employees which made the job easier to get through. In the end, it's a good job to introduce you to the work force.

Cons

It is very difficult to get promoted with this company and the ones who do get promoted, the ones you have to call your managers, are a-holes and don't know how to treat the employees. The expectancy of the corporate end is ridiculous because they expect you to handle 2983475 things at once and still have a big smile on your face. It is just a sad little company that doesn't know what they're doing at times.

Buckle down, get your stuff done, and be nice to the ones who have to face the crowds upon crowds of customers everyday while you sit and hide in your offices.

29 great years

Former Employee - Transportation Supervisor  in  Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Compton, CA

I worked at Ralphs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Great advancement opportunities.

Cons

Union shop makes it tough to manage.

Promote within.

Ralphs Photos

chow time
office and field personel outing
after beach bugchi

+ Add Photo

Worked for Ralphs? Contribute to the Community!