Ralphs

www.ralphs.com

Ralphs Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

David Dillon

Pros
  • Flexible hours to work for part-time(in 7 reviews)

• Job security: You have to be a real idiot to get fired after your 2-month probation(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay in comparison to the union workers there but twice the work(in 13 reviews)

• This company does not pay well for the amount of work you put in and I don't recommend this job to anyone(in 4 reviews)

It's complicated...

Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsEasy commute. Like the customers. Most of the employees are friendly and helpful. Enjoy the fast pace in the Deli Service Area.

ConsMost of my co-workers do not seem to care about their jobs. They don't put product away after using it. They do't clean slicers or counters. It looks like a war zone about 75% of the time. Food everywhere. Sandwich station is never fully stocked. Management doesn't seem to care. They continuye to give more hours to the worst employees. Don't get it. They break so many rules & there are no consequences. Don't get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce the rules. Being on time, not eating or drinking in the Deli/Bakery areas. Use of equipment. Do reviews. The new employees who started when I did have never had the 30 day review. Never had the 90 day review when our probationary was over. We didn't know if we were going to kept on or not. We only knew when the next weeks schedule came out. Speaking to emp[loyees and ask before you decide to train them in another area. Give them reasons why you as a Manager want them to be crtssed trained. Let employees know what other departments are also in need & ask if they are interested in any of them.

The training is not good. It's sink or swim. Not impressed. I do really like the store & it's people. Want to see it do better. Need stronger leadership.

Good if you know people.......

Service Deli Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clarita, CA

ProsFlexible schedule, union benefits, easy to move around if needed, possible quick promotion time.

Conshours could change weekly, promotions can be a pain, people easily turn against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your actually promoting people who deserve management.. Just not those you have relationships with.

front end manager

Front End Manager (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsSome great people and good money for management. Great opportunity for promotions if you are a women.

Consterrible moral bad attitudes makes it very hard to complete unrealistic expectations

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the union so you get have people that want to be there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place I have ever worked.

Night Stocker (Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsIf you are unemployed, then a job is a job. And in the America of the 20teens that is better than nothing. But therein lies my point.

ConsEverything: Hours suck, wages suck worse. Management is living in the Dark Ages. But hey, this is the America that Fiscal Conservatives wanted for you, me, and everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to consider the fact that the day I stop working on your slave ship that I will still be a member of your community. Treat me like dirt, and I will never enter your premises again. Get it! Then tell that to your rude, arrogant group of Hessian managers.

Meat Cutter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, nice people to work with

ConsBenefits are not what they used to be

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood culture, benefits are very good

Consbusy, long hours and many work days a week

Following the footsteps of Walmart.

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to interact with customers.

ConsYou have to keep records of your work hours because the upper management likes to play GAMES and play OOPS and looses your hours from your paycheck. Once that happens , you have to constantly remind them to add the missing hours to your next paycheck. YOU have to remind them or they "FORGET". This happens in all department while the CEO's paycheck and bonus skyrockets .

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your hard working people. They work hard to make you money.

"Mixed up Place to be.

Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsNew store manager is professional and considerate.

Working with our customers is great!

ConsWork scheduling is horrific. Scheduled every week....days and times change every week so you cannot make any plans....Ralphs doesn't care if you try to have a life. If you request a day off they "punish" you by cutting your hours alot.

Previous manager have unprofessional, rude, sarcastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you make changes to the store, listen to your store employees. They can give you important input regarding what their customers care about. Many customers prefer friendly staff that takes time with them...and not so much being rushed through the line. You would be surprised how many people prefer being truly taken care of considerately and not "being pushed through". Many resent the "fast checkout". So don't brag about how fast you can check out.

Ralphs put me through college, and four years since, but for that very reason I would not recommend anyone working there

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe best things about working at Ralphs are the medical/dental benefits, flexible schedule, and independent job duties

ConsThe work 'culture' or atmosphere is very underwhelming. I wish I would have gone the route of working at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in that respect. Individuality is not encouraged. Additionally, I did not feel like I fit in there. Most people who work at Ralph's are not educated and are working to support their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome a place that people love to work. Hire more employees so no one is killing themself. You will probably save money because there will be no overtime. Create more employee incentives. Hire more educated people. Reconsider your pay scale. Cashiers should top out at 14 an hour, while department and gm members should top out at 20.

good College job,

Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee)

Proseasy work, very Flexible Schedule,carts,bagging,get to learn the store by putting items back on shelf by yourself,sometimes get to load groceries into customers cars,

ConsMinimum wage for too much work, high union sign on $110 to start, very low hours 18 hours week to Start, sometimes customers Disrespect you, very low pay, they don't care about your Experience, favoritism,

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favorting Employees

Worked for Ralphs? Contribute to the Community!