Ramada Reviews

2.4
Keith J. Pierce

1. Ramada MN

I worked at Ramada full-time

Pros

We worked hard and played hart until the culture changed. We did what we could with the little direction and planning we had from the management company that owns the hotel.

Cons

Culture changed, lots of restructuring that I don't think was well thought out. Not a lot of transparent communication, seems like the management company CEO is directionless. Pays low.

2. Friendly Workplace

Pros

flexibility nice staff good management nice atmosphere hours of work never reduced

Cons

pay scale 24/7 Operation including holidays ? ? ?

3. Full service hotel in Vineland NJ with ownership lacking in hotel operations experience and how to manage employees

Pros

Nothing is positive about working here.

Cons

Family owned and run hotel for 5 years by people that have no idea how to manage employees. Eight General Managers in 5 years demonstrates hotel owner has no idea how to keep staff as each one actually resigned. High employee turnover rate with hourly employees working on average no more than two years. Staff is treated very poorly by ownership, terrible wages with many hourly workers not getting a raise for several years. Hotel owner is highly argumentative and yells at employees. No HR department. No benefits. No employee recognition or team building policies. No employee handbook. No paid vacation or sick days regardless how long you have worked for the company. Unsafe working conditions. No direct deposit for your paycheck.

5. Night Audit

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Ramada (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy laid back atmosphere can use lap top tablet or phone on shift decent pay for work.

Cons

Unreliable co workers and little advancement oppurtunities

6. 1187 Upper James of Florida LLC

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Ramada full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

light benefits (health, dental, vision, discounted stay)

Cons

Working by yourself, so not breaks during an eight hour shift Low pay rate High turn over

Advice to Management

pay industry standard level

Good but not great...

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative

I worked at Ramada part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good for gaining hospitality experience, lots of locations (worldwide company) this is a part of the Wyndham brand relocation is available! Great employee discounts for rooms.

Cons

The Wyndham brand doesn't have a hood membership system or rewards for employees. Employees have limited power when it comes to rewarding guest's for staying frequently or rewarding guest's for constructive criticism.

8. customer service

I have been working at Ramada full-time

Pros

The guest, the cute skaters, the nice cars, its a hotel and great from that perspective.

Cons

The management yells, the racisit comments made by management.. we all have favorites but its not obvious in the work place. Nothing about what you know, its about who you know and how well you kiss their butt. After years of no raises, being scheduled wrong all the time, being threatened. . Not worth it.

Advice to Management

get a new managent staff, believe in the betterment of the employee too.. not just your own pockets. A lot lives .. dreams.. and human respect youve taken away with the bad hours, terrible customers, and a CEO who spends more time watching the camras to "catch us" doing bad. .. Than showing us he appreciates our hard work. We are the ones selling the rooms, not the CEO. Your staff is your team, not your slaves.. not servents.

9. Accountant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I worked at Ramada full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not willing to pay for experience

Advice to Management

No work experience with a degree is not as great as work experience without a degree.

10. Working at Ramada has been a great learning experience.

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Ramada part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need to take time off for any reason the management is very understanding and flexible. You learn on the job and through a series of videos. You gain vast amounts of customer service skills and the manager is always willing to help even if you have to call to get an answer.

Cons

While working here we changed base companies upon doing so we lost all of our vacation days, without the possibility of gaining any in the future. We also lost the holiday pay for the foreseeable future. When the winter months roll around you are losing hours unless you are one of the few, very few, people who have been there for more than 3 years. The only way you will get a promotion is if someone leaves. The current owner of our location is constantly losing things in when they are given to him numerous times and its not like his office is messy he is just a little absent minded.

Advice to Management

I think that if they want a good company they need to make sure that raises, or even just cost of living increases, were given because during my time here the only time I received an increase in pay was when I moved to the over night shift and that was hazard pay as something dangerous was more likely to happen in the wee hours of the morning. Also, make sure that employees have holiday and vacation pay even if you only offer certain days to people that have been with the company for a certain amount of time. I loved working here until the company change happened.

11. Bad

Current Employee - Desk Clerm in Alexandria, LA
    Current Employee - Desk Clerm in Alexandria, LA

Pros

He people I met and helped along the way.

Cons

No pay raises at all

Advice to Management

Nope don't have nothing to say

RSS Feed </> Embed