Ramsoft Reviews

2.5
CEO

1. Pretty good!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ramsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at this company is overall pretty good! The company culture is very relaxed with casual dress code and later than normal start times. Very diverse set of employees. Small - mid sized company I'd say, so processes are not perfected yet. you are able to own projects which is great and though not always used, feedback and generating own ideas are encouraged. People are friendly overall.

Cons

Employees are very "heads down" and quiet when working, which may be expected in this type of industry but gives you the chance to get work done without being distracted. Mgmt needs to do some training in their employee relations as they can come off cold. Compensation/benefit offering is getting better. Office space is too small.

Advice to Management

Speak in nicer tone and look at your employee's growth and how you can help.

Sep 9, 2014HR Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review! It is true that we pride ourselves on a casual office environment. We understand that work-life balance is essential and flexible work hours allow for the maintenance ... More

2. Don't even bother applying to them...run!!!!

I worked at Ramsoft full-time

Pros

Not a lot of pros to speak of. The pay is very standard, or even a little below the average. Co-workers are nice but they seem scared of something, or they are beat down. Nice office space but not enough room for employees.

Cons

The amount of nepotism is disgusting. You're treated like scum if you aren't a relative. Senior execs who meddle in departments they have no business getting involved in. Long hours, no "thank you", no culture to speak of. Not an organization that is committed to learning. No respect for their employees. No process or policies. HR is non-existent. Every department works in a vacuum. Hard to make recommendations because management doesn't want to hear it. A lot of "pretending" to be cutting-edge, your software doesn't work properly...work on that!

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand and listen to your employees, they might actually have something legitimate that could help the company grow in the direction you want it to go.

Sep 5, 2014HR Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with the company was not what you expected. Being that you may have been with the company awhile back, as the Human Resources ... More

3. Not recommended for long-term career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ramsoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- recession-proof industry
    - capable management and efficient teams
    - simple organization structure
    - some employees are awesome

Cons

- the culture demotivates employee. turn-over rate is very high
    - autocrat leadership and micro-managing
    - compensation below market rate
    - no training whatsoever

Advice to Management

- show respect and be open-minded to employee
    - processes need to be more organized

Sep 5, 2014HR Specialist

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We take your opinion seriously and have since rectified many of the issues you raised. Being that your review occurred quite some time ago, many ... More

5. Friendly, friendly, and friendly.

Former Employee - QA Specialist
    Former Employee - QA Specialist

I worked at Ramsoft

Pros

Excellent place to work if you are looking for an internship, but have no prior experience. All the tasks are trivial, easy to do, and no brain is required for the job.

Cons

- No Challenge
    - Sometimes, you will find yourself being bored to death because there is nothing better to do.
    - No Overtime Pay
    - No matter how long you work, all you get is the base salary.

Advice to Management

- Delegate more important works to others

Sep 5, 2014HR Specialist

We really appreciate your review! It is true that RamSoft does not solely consider prior experience and looks at the individual as a whole when recruiting for top talent. We love candidates who hold ... More

Ramsoft Photos