Ranbaxy

www.ranbaxy.com

Ranbaxy Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Ranbaxy – Chandigarh – “Meeting in Progress”

Ranbaxy Managing Director Arun Sawhney

Arun Sawhney

Pros
  • Good working environment, Best Hr , Supporting Medical Team,(in 6 reviews)

• An Indian MNC which is among the top5 Pharmaceutical Companies in India and the only Indian company which has its own research molecule till now,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • worst work life balance and work load(in 7 reviews)

• Top Management that is averse to the idea of doing what is required for the welfare of employees(in 3 reviews)

Great sense of togetherness and pride

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsOffices have a community-like environment. Everyone is very willing to help and answer questions. There are plenty of opportunities to socialize, such as an employee softball team. Additionally, employees are encouraged to have a good work/life balance with early dismissals on Fridays during the summer.

ConsThe traffic outside of the Princeton Forrestal Village becomes nightmarish around 4:30 pm and makes for a very difficult commute either northbound or southbound on route 1. Other than that I enjoyed my time there very much.

My experience sucked. If I could give it a negative star I would.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsHealth insurance, some of the people.

ConsIf your not Indian r married to an Indian, you do not fit in. I was a 1% of the office(meaning I am white). No personal growth. With more time in the industry then even my supervisor, there was no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the departments more diverse. Allow individuals who have experience to superceed those newbies.

First Job out of College

ProsAmazing team that I work with. great career opportunities. The leadership is good and the newer management seems to be working towards a good goal.

ConsNot all teams are as good. Sometimes they let go of people for want of raise in wages only to bring newer ones with a way higher salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not pay heed to crazy rumors rather believe in employee contribution and retain talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management was very disrepectful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery easy going company, pay was ok.

ConsEthnic groups were not evenly divided. Indian company with mostly Indian workers isn't a good combination for the other 5% of other ethnicities. Was treated as if I was not a valued employee but the contractors were valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all employees, not just a select few. Understand not everyone has the same beliefs and don't pass judgement.

Friendly Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStaff is very friendly and willing to teach. Small company, therefore everyone knows everyone-that can be a pro and con. Great Company Christmas Party and Summer Picnic

ConsNo room for growth and HR can be very unapproachable. They only seem to promote y if you are from India of married to someone from India. They do not recognize hard, dedicated work. Using old systems and the company loves loves loves Excel sheets for EVERYTHING!
    Gave it 3 stars because my team was an awesome group and I had a great manager!

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize others with promotions that are outside your culture!

Poor management, HR disorganized, little care or respect for employees

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsSmall pharma company, potential for visibility and growth

ConsHorrible HR dept., unprofessional, disorganized, sloppy recordkeeping, disrespectful and uncaring of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAudit and careful assessment of HR staff, practices, files, etc.

aprox 2 ye nice to work with ranbaxy

Brand Executive (Current Employee) Baroda, MI

Prosgood money, good culture, H r IS to strong n eeetttcccc.

Conspay scale may be better as per work.

Advice to Senior Managementno everything is good, but can be better by giving ex, to some lap top.

Only apply if you are able to adapt to an India style business and work enviroment

Buyer (Former Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

Proscould be an upcoming generic pharma company. They need a overhaul of hiring practice. They do have some very dedicated people. They treat their employees well with regards to salary and benefits.

ConsCompany has a practice of hiring individuals of India. The level of comfort with english and even their qualification is in question. Management is very secretive and has adopted the India culture of groups and has brought it to the US offices. Management is also primarily of India nationality. Also the treatment of women (Indian and Non Indian) is also questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified individuals and discontinue the practice of only hiring international and poor english speaking individiuals.

Good

Manager, Information Systems (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood Salary, Work Life Balance

ConsNo Appreciation

Lots of Bureaucracy

Promotion is not on performance basis

Advice to Senior ManagementMature with time

Good company to work with

Pros- Well organized system
    - More Systematic
    - people oriented
    - good hr policy
    - better mediclaim policy

Conssome time work on holidays\
    no fix working hours

Advice to Senior Management-

Worked for Ranbaxy? Contribute to the Community!