Randa Accessories Reviews

Jeffrey Spiegel

1. Intern

Current Employee - Sales Intern in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Intern in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Randa Accessories (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcoming environment, decent pay, and they structured internship program. Truly care about the interns experience and growth.

Cons

For interns prior and current they waited until the last minute for any potential job offers. Makes it difficult to plan.

Advice to Management

Wonderful and open management.

2. Uninspiring, toxic, and miserable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Randa Accessories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working people, paycheck kept me alive. Umm... There was a shuttle with a really nice driver that takes you from the el stop to the office during the harsh winters

Cons

When I initially accepted the job offer I read reviews on here that said it feels like high school. That is simply not true. My classmates and and I didn't act like this in high school This is what you call junior high nonsense that is circulating around the corporate office space in the unhappy hallways of Randa. Gossip, suspicion, and anger pollutes the air like a puffy cloud of green smoke. Most people usually come in around 8:30 and leave at 5:30 at the earliest. If someone comes in as late as 9am or leaves a half an hour earlier, the cloud of gossip spreads like a storm from ear to ear. The co workers that you just enjoyed Chinese takeout with for lunch are now talking to your fellow employees about how you don't pull your weight and don't work hard enough. One time an employee was just notified that her grandfather had just passed away and one of the first things that came out of another employee was that it has to be rough knowing that she now has to waste a PTO on traveling to go to his funeral, I kid you not. These people are overall good people. There's something in this smoke of poison and toxicity that is clouding up the air and turning people for the worst. People are so quick to gossip about their teammates and throw each other under the bus. Call the fire station to clear the smoke, it's not a healthy environment to be around. People work hard and tirelessly throughout the night and then walk in from the silver elevator doors before the sun even rises like soulless zombies that didn't get a chance to nibble on human flesh the night before. If you can't tell by the ghost-like look on their faces that the people are just tired, sad, and miserable, you can certainly sniff it in the air. The smell of cheap, stale coffee mixed with the aroma of pure exhaustion and misery wafts through the wall-less cubicles as you come in and prepare yourself for another long day of work. For a place with so many creatives working, it's one of the most dullest, unexciting, colorless places I have ever worked in. Not only is it a rather far commute from the city, it's located in one of the most boring suburbs of Chicago, where the closest thing to salvation is the awful outlet mall. Employees aren't appreciated for their hard work. It's sad to say, but one of the best benefits about working there was the "summer hours" where you got to leave after lunch on Fridays. Sure you had to work an extra hour the days before, but leaving the cold, desolate office of misery and despair early to enjoy the epic Chicago summer days is like Oliver Twist getting more gruel. Everyone's so used to being treated like orphan children that a small reward like this feels like winning the lottery. P.S. Before I left, I believe they shortened this "benefit" to only a month in summer. Bravo!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. They work ten times as hard as management and–– ehh, forget it, you aren't going to listen.

3. Brand Ambassador

Pros

Work independent and haves flexible schedule. Pay was not bad for part time work.

Cons

Directive is not always clear as to what should be done.

5. Great Company!

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A family owned company that cares and works hard to empower their associates. Invests in it's people and aggressively builds relationships with retail partners to provide the best product and service. The reality is that some associates would rather complain than work and cannot even pick up after themselves even after their cupcakes.

Cons

They put up with mediocre performance too long....

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bottom 10% of your associates.

6. Customer Service - False Title

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Rose, LA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Rose, LA

I worked at Randa Accessories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In a little over half a year I met some really great people in Randa's St. Rose, LA facility. The Highers Ups seem like decent enough folks as well.

Cons

The work load is intense in almost every department. That wouldn't be so bad if there were any sort of true incentive to be as productive as such a large company requires everyone to be. I'm speaking mainly about the administration and "Customer Service" positions, as the distribution center does a good job of spurring productivity with bonuses and such. I use quotations on the Customer Service position because there is very little contact with actual company clients. Most of your time is spent dealing with the sales force, which wouldn't be so bad if you weren't being encouraged to withhold info or sometimes blatantly lie to them about what's actually happening in the distribution center. This position also has the most demanding workload of all of the organization's "office" jobs. The overall company culture is one that most employees would describe as "soul sucking". I don't think that this is being done purposefully in any way, but there is nothing there to truly retain the talented and hardworking.

Advice to Management

People really enjoy the morale boosters that are in place, but replace some of the terrible inefficiencies that can be found within your processes to encourage people that the job isn't "so bad". Actually tailor the work to help retain the best people and this place will be a win-win for employees and management.

7. Great Company To Work For....Teamwork!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team of co-workers. We all are dedicated and care about our jobs and the products we create. We support one another.

Cons

Stressful - but what retail/fashion/wholesale business is not stressful. Being with a great group of employees make the stress not so bad.

Advice to Management

Share the good news more often

8. a "title" with no entitlement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One if the only Fashion places to work in city.

Cons

The more you give the more you take. Senior management micro manages all work. Expected to work extreme hours without overtime compensation, while those getting overtime cannot and are told to not work more than 40 hours a week. Not fair to those working harder than you and longer without the compensation.

Advice to Management

Pay a better salary and keep employees longer and see attitude changes. Money does make the world go round!

no actions behind the words

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good product, some good merchants, great retailers to work with- and those relationships keep most people at Randa. Fortunately or unfortunately, Randa's powerhouse in the market maintains many accounts and the businesses in them. This would change if there was more competition in the marketplace. Good creative services team.

Cons

Alot of promises with no validity behind them. Management is a huge clique and basically takes care of themselves and their own favorites. Alot of good talent is not utilized or leaves to go places where the talk is not just talk. Standing or hiding behind brands to have good business is not the same as being a great company. No appreciation for work well done- but lot of criticism and micro managing. Not an efficient workplace as a whole.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. That is, unless one is in the infamous clique.

10. Just OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, fun company events, and some flexibility with workday hours.

Cons

Standard, boring office work; old-fashioned work environment. Tons of emails, many of which are inefficiently spammed to multiple departments. Archaic report structure and database system. No training past the basics. Not much room for job promotions.

Randa needs to open their eyes

I have been working at Randa Accessories full-time

Pros

-Nice and talented co-workers, good office location, and traveling opportunities. - Large profitable company

Cons

As you can see from the below review that does not address the issues, statics and numbers are great, but the environment is equally as important which is completely disregarded. We are continually told what a great company Randa is and how many wonderful opportunities there are, however, the company provides it's employees with very little incentives. The office is the most uncreative and stagnant place I have ever worked. Everyone is always walking on egg shells because there are many ridiculous policies such as: you are not allowed to have your coat on the back of your chair, no flowers or live plants are permitted on your desk (even for holidays), there is NO space and you are continually told to "clean up" with nowhere to put anything, you get evil glares for talking to co-workers, even if it is work related (from senior upper management that walks in circles around the office monitoring everyone all day long). The front desk receptionist seems to have been tasked with taking attendance and keeping track of the time people come in like kindergarden. They make summer hours (only have to work 4 hours on Fridays) to be this huge gift, but you have to make the hours up during the week and it's only for July and August. Employees are given no flexibility with no opportunity to work from home. You have to take paid time off for a snow day (You are only given 15 total days off including sick/vacation ect). This company is also very anti-family and men are more respected and favored by upper management. The health benefits and 401K are inferior to other companies.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and realize that most people are unhappy. Compare what Randa offers to other competitors and you will understand why the company is rated so low. If you don't want the company to continue to be a revolving door, stop talking about how great Randa is, and do something to actually make it great. Cup cake parties don’t cut it and don’t do much to improve this negative environment

RSS Feed </> Embed