Randall-Reilly Reviews

Brent Reilly
1 Rating

1. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Randall-Reilly provides a good salary for an honest day's work. Be willing to work, and put thought into the work you do. The company provides many social functions beyond work hours, and sometimes during work hours, to create a fun culture for those who choose to participate. Working remotely is an option for some employees. There are a lot of very smart, fun people working at Randall-Reilly. It's a joy working with such great people.

Cons

Reorganization and realignment happens frequently at Randall-Reilly. It's not necessarily a con, since change is a must in today's market, however if you don't like change, Randall-Reilly isn't the place for you. Bonuses are considerably smaller than what is described in the "sign-on" letter, and are given in March or April. Raises are not discussed, but a small raise does typically happen yearly. Health insurance is somewhat expensive.

Advice to Management

Be open regarding reorganization and alignment changes. Provide employees performance reviews, along with raise and actual bonus amounts for each person.

2. Fun and Challenging

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever met work here. People really care about each other and go out of their way to help both in and out of the office. The company is growing and changing fast which creates a lot of opportunity to kind of build your own career path. The culture is entrepreneurial without being cutthroat. People joke around with each other a lot. I like the challenging work. I'm never bored.

Cons

The inevitable flip side of growing and changing fast is that sometimes things feel a little too fluid. And change can create a little friction with "the way things used to be."

Advice to Management

I think more structure across the board would improve the company. There is so much variation between departments.

3. Room to Grow

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement for a company of its size. Has a small town feel. Some managers support their employees with fervor. Compensation can be great for those who worked their way into positions instead of having tons of experience or education that would require higher compensation.

Cons

No clear pay advancement path for some positions, and raises across the board do no good for individuals who don't deserve them. Being owned by an investment group puts pressure on budgets, and these things become mysterious and confusing for many employees. Health insurance is not very competitive.

Advice to Management

Give employees a clear goal for pay increases based on performance rather than giving the whole company an unclear hope based on total revenue. There are so many support positions that don't get a chance to contribute to the sales numbers to achieve company wide raises while salesmen get commissions regularly.

5. Amazing people, culture, and product

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time

Pros

I work at the EDA office in Charlotte. I love coming to work and we have a great group of people here. This is the first time I have ever worked for a small company and I love it. We have maybe 90 in Charlotte office and with AL & WI under 500 employees total. We work as a team to accomplish our goals. Everyone has a voice. The office atmosphere is great- professional, friendly and completely tolerable. We have team building events and are encouraged to reach out to one and another. Recognition is given weekly. Everyone is always willing to help out. The product we offer is amazing and is so easy to introduce to prospects. The support for our subscribers is unheard of in the data/lead generation industry. I am very proud of the product I sell. 12 days vacation year 1! We are constantly growing and unstoppable.

Cons

Being a smaller company the health benefits are not as good as I have had in the past. I miss the reward trips and prizes I had a chance to win with previous employers, but this is a total different industry.

6. Hypocritical organization!

Former Employee - Development in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Development in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Randall-Reilly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I received a paycheck for a season. Other than that, I suppose the 12 days off per year were good.

Cons

Without a doubt this was the most horrific place of employment I've had the displeasure of working for! You'll certainly see "rave reviews" on social media sites and the likes, but know that they hire people to anonymously write the reviews in order to maintain their image! This is a place filled with hypocritical managers who lie on a continuous basis! Furthermore, there's extremely high turnover; people are fired constantly. Yet if you like micromanagement, then you will do fine, that is until they get through using you and put you out without warning! Training? Ha! You are cut loose from day one on your own! Training is by the seat of your pants - managers can't teach you because even they do not have a clue. The place is a nightmare, a real mess. Your employment there is a ticking time bomb! You've been warned!

Advice to Management

Get a grip! None of you would succeed in the "real world" outside of your cozy, click filled group. Your lack of compassion and employee loyalty will ultimately be the company's demise unless the board deals with it. Yet, I fear they too are "snowballed."

Not terrible

Current Employee - Performance Marketing in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Performance Marketing in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are nice and the health insurance really isn't bad at all.

Cons

Strong culture of nepotism. Don't expect to get promoted if you aren't related to an executive.

Advice to Management

Do something to try to create a meritocracy. Promoting because of who you are related too won't work long term.

8. Digital Services Team Member

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working within the Digital Services department, I've found the leadership and management to be flexible and supportive. They've always encouraged developing our career not just for the benefit of the company, but for the betterment of ourselves. Hard work is rewarded - short hours on Fridays, catered lunches, ample amount of PTO and holidays.

Cons

Because the company is pivoting from a print centered company to a digital media and data company, some of the departments are having a hard time adjusting, and that affects the bottom line.

Advice to Management

The current building desperately needs updating or we need to move to a new location. Not only are we competing with other digital agencies for clients, but we're competing with cooler and newer agencies for talent. We tout ourselves as a digital minded company, but parts of the office buildings look like they're still stuck in the 90s.

9. It was a learning experience.

Pros

I became very close to those I worked with.

Cons

It sometimes felt like you were working like a robot. Very stiff.

NO LOYALTY TO EMPLOYEES

I worked at Randall-Reilly full-time

Pros

the vacation and holidays were good

Cons

management lack of direction, micro management to the extreme, shady VPs, CULTISH and cliquish environment, worst HR ever messing up paychecks and benefits for a year, errogant elitist management, waaaay over worked and under paid (20% less pay than competitors)

Advice to Management

fire all of your VPs

11. moving up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Randall-Reilly full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with a company that rewards hard work. I have been promoted several times and continue to receive more responsibility when I prove to be effective at the task or role assigned.

Cons

Since the company is involved with media and they way our readers are consuming content has changed with the smart phone we have been experiencing a lot of change and that requires adapting and being willing to learn new stuff which can be stressful.

RSS Feed </> Embed