Randalls

Profile Unclaimed

Horrible

Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, the networking is wonderful and easy to do as a cashier.

Cons

Company cares nothing about employees, they allow customers to treat you like trash and they expect you to take it and be happy about it.

Treat your employees better and your turnover rate won't be so high, people will want to work there.

Are you Serious? Don't work for Randalls if you can help it!! If you don't want a social life don't apply!!!!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is hard to come up with any Pro as the company is crap. The only thing I can think of is the weekly paycheck if that is what you want to call it.

Cons

Where do I start? I have a management degree and was hired as a cashier with promise of promotion and MIT within a short time of my start. Needless to say nearly 2 years later no promotion and still a cashier making less that $8.50 pr hour. I was promised full time but as soon as it came available someone from another store transferred and I lost the full time availability . After about 3 months I was given the chance to start supervising the front end of the store managing breaks and lunches with no pay increase. I was also the key trainer and yet still no pay increase. I was also made the full time closer with still only part time hours with again no pay increase for working dangerous hours. I was told on many occasions that my thank you for a hard days work was my paycheck at the end of the week. I have worked every single holiday including Christmas and New Years with only time and half and no bonus even for working the holiday. There is no uniform reimbursement program and the shirts and shoes are costly. The 10% discount on store brands is not as good as it sounds because the prices are so high the company is still making bank on the employees. When employees are told that they can look forward to 30 hours weekly they find themselves only being scheduled 22-27 hours weekly on the average. The fast pace is not so much a problem but the lack of staff scheduled is a major problem. Customers complain non stop and all the front end personal can do is sit there and take the grunt of poor management scheduling and ability to do so in a manor where the customer is getting the service that they are paying for with the high prices. In the less than 2 years that I have been with the company there have been "4" yes 4 Asst Store Directors and many other management changes in just the one store in the time that I have been there. The store director at my store has never given the insurance information to employees even after talking to him about it. I have also worked many 13 hour shifts and only received a lunch break of a little 30 min yet if taken 40 min yelled at for taking too long on break even though there has been no other breaks given. I have been in the middle of lack of communication between management members when they were not telling employees new job duties and watching the employee get written up or suspended for lack of completion of duties ordered. When job duties are updated there are no pay rate changes or notification to the employee who has to do the new duties. I was referred to the mentoring program and when I went to my director at the store requesting study material I never received the work to learn so I failed at the program making me look like a poor employee. You will become the company slave!!! They expect you to have no life and make Randalls your primary. I have made comments that I am dating the customers because I see them more than I see my friends. I work every weekend closing shift and have no time for friends or family.................... For the last 3 months I have been seeking another company to work for as I can't handle the stress and disrespect anymore from this company.

Concentrate on proper living wage, keeping turn over low by communicating to employees and keeping promises. Work with the employees holidays worked and show more appreciation for the hard work being put in.

some company

Former Employee - Stocker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Stocker in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

no pro that I can think of

Cons

very low pay for a lot of stress

no advice

The stores are a very clean & a nice shopping environment!

Former Employee - Assistant Grocery Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Grocery Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When we do get bonuses, there usually pretty good. The quality & selection of the food & meats is very good, but expensive.

Cons

Not enough help to get the work done. Can't operate the stores with a skeleton crew. This is happening all over America today in most other industries as well for economic & budgetary reasons. (Doing more with less).

Hire enough help to get the work done in the stores instead of store management & corporate pocketing the extra yearly bonus money. Randall's will be doing the public a big favor in the customer service department & just might survive to stay in business a little longer.

I was hired to be a cashier, not a fundraiser.

Former Employee - Checker/Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Checker/Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one for the Flagship store on Memorial Drive. The other cashiers were very nice to me, though. The second in command was nice, too.

Cons

Was led to believe I would get about 25 hours a week. One week, I got 9; 4 hours one day, and 5 the next. Usually, I got around 12-15. You have to be a brilliant conversationalist and solicit funds from the well-to-do clientele. I suppose the conversation is meant to distract clueless affluent people from noticing how high the prices really are.

Your poo stinks like everybody else's. Stop trying to pretend that you're in the same class as some of your rich customers, and try to be decent to your employees. Give them more hours and more encouragement.

Low pay and very little appreciation.

Current Employee - Checker/Cashier in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Checker/Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job security as long as you do your job.

Cons

Low Pay.
    Dealing with hurried and/or irate customers.
    Repetitive.

Give more incentives to do a good job.

Bag Boy

Former Employee - Sacker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sacker in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Busy Work. Was able to keep up

Cons

Low pay. Poor company management

Bring the Onsteds back

If You Like Torture

Former Employee - Stocker in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Stocker in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Randalls part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-If you enjoy stress and working with seedy management.
    -If you like being lied to about your hours and break. (A schedule of 12-pm-10pm with breaks is really 12pm-3am, no breaks).

Cons

-Someone else's responsibilities are your responsibilities.
    -Manager's refuse to cooperate.
    -HR refuses to cooperate.

-Stop cycling management every (other) month.
    -Take responsibility for your incompetency.
    -Don't threaten employee from not calling HR when they're injured or been refused their breaks.

Enlightening

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls

Pros

Great place to gain experience being a cashier. Learn how to handle all types of money, including checks, food stamps, and especially coupons. Build character in knowing how to interact with customers and fellow employees.

Cons

The pay was not as high as other comparable stores. Sometimes, the lines would never seem to end. Occasional system failures.

I found the job very boring.

Former Employee - Checker/Cashier in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Checker/Cashier in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Randalls

Pros

There is most likely one near your residence. They highered me at 16 years old and gave me a raise in 6 months.

Cons

The management was poor. I experienced abusive management. The job was extremely boring and I always counted the minutes until I would be off work.

Teach managers to be more helpful when dealing with their employees and not tell yell and chew them out infront of everyone.