Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Reviews

Randy Smith

1. Consumer Lending Specialist

Current Employee - Consumer Lending Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Lending Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. The 401K benefits are outstanding. Potential for quick advancement.

Cons

Training is still being developed and not completely set in stone.

2. Remote Member Assistance (RMA)

Current Employee - Remote Member Assistance Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Remote Member Assistance Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

This department is incredibly micromanaged to the extent that you have to get permission to use the restroom. Managment treats you like you are in grade school. You are unable to make any decisions on your own and the management team breathes down your neck. Because of this, the work environment does not feel healthy and It's more stressful to be at work than the job itself. No opportunity for growth in the department.

Consider letting the responsible adults that you have hired as employees, actually make decisons. STOP the crazy micromanaging!

3. Likes to think of itself as one of the "best" workplaces

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist II in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist II in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros in the accounting department is having weekends off, food catered, and great benefits.

Cons

Office culture is different from the company culture, The team as a whole is unhappy, which makes it an unhappy work environment in general. Very stressful environment, and don't expect promotions in this department. Also, the pay is horrible compared to other banks and credit unions.

Management should be neutral to all employees, not have known favoritism. Also, as in most companies, RBFCU's accounting management team is a mix between high school drama and politics. Watch your back. You never know who in management will wrongfully and without reason throw you under the bus. I would not recommend this company as there is no room for advancement even with a degree.

5. Micro-managed ; every decision you make is wrong

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, modern working environment, good working hours, not too stressful

Cons

Every decision you make is wrong. They make it quite clear that employees follow order and are not allowed to think. Every project you turn in will be sent back for some kind of rework. No matter what you do, it isn't good enough.

Surely it gets old, telling people that they did it wrong. Any good management seminar would probably help.

6. Great place to have a long-term career

Current Employee - Information Systems in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Randolph-Brooks is growing quickly but maintains a solid culture. The work facilities are amazing and extremely well cared for. Most everyone is very friendly and take care of each other. Work-life balance is very good. Benefits are quite good, especially the 401-k program which is one of the best I've heard of. Several senior leaders have been at RBFCU for 30+ years, so there is definitely room for long-term employment and growth here. Employees are well taken care of - sometimes to a fault, as the wrong person can stay in the wrong job for many years in some cases. But overall, management is very concerned with the well being and success of the employees, and employees respond in kind with wonderful contributions. This is a very successful and stable place to work.

Cons

As with any company, there are some quirks. RBFCU is quite conservative in terms of dress code and culture, though we have loosened up quite a bit over the last 5 years. Being a financial institution, we do things carefully and slowly - which is great for the safety of our members' money. Some may find the pace too slow. In many ways we are very progressive and innovative also. The conservative culture may feel stifling to some, but many others feel right at home. Our senior leadership is comprised of true experts in the credit union business - however there are the usual politics to be found on occasion. Despite any cons, RBFCU really does seek to do the right thing by its members and employees, which is one of the main reasons I have been here so long.

Stay true to the reason this place is here and success should continue as a natural consequence. Senior leadership please continue to work more as a unit and not so much in silos. If you really work together with one clear strategy across all business lines, this place will be truly great.

7. Great place to work

Former Employee - Collections Officer in Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Collections Officer in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment good pay and good benefits

Cons

No real cons I enjoyed my time working there

None they are doing a good job

8. great work environment with growing opportunities

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union part-time (less than a year)

Pros

loved the work environment and the involvement of the company/management in employees training and life. there was always an opportunity to grow and develop your skills

Cons

there are no negative aspects that I can think of ,except that maybe they can manage their employees time availability and the overall customer service

great job ! would love for their to be more increased wages and for the company to expand to the north texas region in the upcoming future

9. Its OK, I guess.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Pros

Working in the ASC, we typically have weekends off, unless you are scheduled on a Saturday here and there.

Comfort stations and nice lunch rooms available, along with different vendors daily. Orange Leaf Wednesdays and Panera Bread on Friday are my favorites!

Flexible PTO, pretty good benefits, and unbeatable 401k plan. I contribute 6% each paycheck and they give me 10%.

Also, Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

We need more support in our department...big time.

Duties are not clearly defined.

At times, when someone complains about a duty, it gets tossed onto someone else.

Very conservative....and very fake at times. But if you are fake, you'll do well here!

People are so rude!! I got a negative vibe first foot into the building.

The food vendors have been the same forever---change it up!! Im tired of pizza, burritos, and hearthstone. Why do we need two sandwich vendors in a row?

I wish RBFCU would stop pretending that everyone is happy. We are not happy....just faking it till we make it to the end of the day.

10. Comfortable work environment - low pay and little room for advancement

Current Employee - Administration in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Administration in Live Oak, TX

Pros

Good benefits including health, dental, 401k match and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Low pay, shady office politics. Hardly any room for advancement, both in pay and in title.

Ditch the holier than thou attitude

11. Great place!

Current Employee - Senior Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Member Service Representative

Pros

The benefits are pretty awesome. The matching 401k is amazing! The board of directors are really good to us and we get really good bonuses approved by them yearly. By far my favorite credit union I've worked for. I plan on retiring from here!

Cons

Some of the people making the big decisions seem to be moving into a Bank mentality and not a Credit Union mentality. Big decisions are being made without talking to the people that will be impacted the most.

Remember where you came from, you were once in our shoes.