Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Randy Smith

1. Very fast paced but the training is amazing.

Current Employee - Consumer Lending Representative in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Lending Representative in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They take the time to make sure you are properly trained before you begin assisting customers. Even when you do become trained you always have help right away if you need it.

Cons

Not the best pay for what the position asks for but there is opportunity for advancement. Call center environment if that is a deal breaker for you.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay and the qualifications for the position.

2. Member service

Former Employee - Member Service Representative
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Pros

Good benefits some friendly coworkers nice environment

Cons

Always being watched like hawk too many procedures strict adherence policy rude fellow employees

Not the place it used to be...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, 401k employer Match. off sundays.

Cons

Not the place it used to be...
    RBFCU used to be the place where their employee's were valued. Now It has more of a Bank feeling. Everyone is replaceable, they will hire a new person for a lower wage. the place that was once about their members is all about sales and how they can make money off of members. The focus has shifted from great customer service to let see how we can save the most money. There intent on closing down the Call center In Austin, so that Branch employees can do it. there is no pay increase but more responsibility . you are expected to open bank accounts with no formal training. you don't receive sales credit or any extra compensation for doing it, but you do get written up if you mess up on opening the account wrong.

It's a cutthroat environment where you opinion is not valued. you will get reprimanded if you are against any new policies they come up with. best of luck if you give you're opinion out loud.
    Human resources is a joke. they are all about defending their managers. They are not there for the employee. They do not care to hear your side of the story. Management is always snooping around, trying to hear what can they dig up on you. Micromanagement is their style of managing.

Your work / life balance will suffer. you are expected to work at least three saturdays a month. of course when you are hired they tell you you get two saturdays off in a month. you don't leave until 4:30 pm each saturday. there is a lack of flexibility.

Advice to Management

Stop Micromanaging and trust your employees. stop trying to cut corners. get a better system, spend on some real bandwidth. appreciate your employees.

5. Human Resources Specialist III

Former Employee - Human in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Human in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

interacting with the employees, helping with FMLA, medical, dental, vision insurance. Workers' Compensation

Cons

Long hours, unhappy employees and vendors.

Advice to Management

Communication is important when changes are being made in the company and department

6. Consumer Lending Representative

Former Employee - Consumer Lending Representative
    Former Employee - Consumer Lending Representative

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I feel like they did a good job recruiting and hiring people of a certain caliber. I liked my colleagues and everyone worked hard.
    -I also agreed with our core values and felt like we were really trying to help our members. I liked the type of members we had at RBFCU, and it was a pleasure speaking with most of them unlike customers at my past jobs.

Cons

-I did not like the strict dress code (we could only wear sneakers and jeans on the weekend and that was if we wore a collared RBFCU t-shirt with them. Occasionally they would allow us to wear sneakers and jeans at other times but that was only if we bought a t-shirt for some fundraising event. Basically I felt like I was paying to have the right to dress casually.)
    -Our systems were very outdated at the time I worked there and they were a pain in the butt to work with!
    -At least in my department, there was not a lot of diversity. It was mostly mid-aged and older women. Being younger, I felt like I didn't really fit in.

Advice to Management

I understand this is a financial organization, and they typically have a strict, old-fashioned way of doing things but they need to be more open to change. They need to appeal more to the younger generation, otherwise they'll find most of their current staff is about to retire and they will have trouble filling those entry-level vacancies.

7. Great place

Current Employee - Consumer Lending Spec I in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Lending Spec I in Live Oak, TX

Pros

Good place to work , good structure

Cons

pay i think it a little low from other companies

Advice to Management

increase pay in departments that do a lot of work and be more felxiable on days off .

8. People are great - certainly a strong desire to satisfy members but could use more focus on employees.

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

RBFCU tries to keep morale up and makes significant efforts to do so. Lunches, desserts, book fairs, contests, prizes, costume day, etc... all things that make working there fun. I love the team I work for and enjoy working for my supervisors.

Cons

Employees are not empowered, lack of commitment to train employees beyond trainings by RBFCU, closed doors on any and all scheduling flexibility. No scheduling flexibility even for non-member facing employees.

Advice to Management

See my cons list and do something about it. Sometimes, having leaders who have not led at other companies or have not even worked at other companies can do a real disservice to the organization. It's great to have employees who work for you for a long time but change up leadership a bit and watch the magic happen. Value the knowledge and experience employees bring to the table from other organizations they have worked for.

9. Mortgage Loan Processor

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Excellent 401k matching, generous Christmas bonus, plenty of vacation/sick leave

Cons

It's all about the numbers, they expect you to break records when it comes to numbers and amount of loans closed. The more you do the more they expect. This company used to care about their employees and their customers (members) but all they care about now is making a fast buck. They don't care how you do it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, dignity, appreciation and they in turn will do the same for you.

Member Service Specialists

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (401K)
    Easy Work Load
    Great place to be if you truly enjoy helping other people no matter what the circumstance

Cons

Extremely micro-managed
    Issues are not handled correctly whether it be in between employees or with irate members
    Hierarchy in branch is out of control and ridiculous
    Departments cannot work together effectively
    No consistency in policy and procedure

Advice to Management

Need to be more interactive with members and employees, too many chiefs, not enough productive Indians

well i used to love my job...

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Pros

Good benefits, great matching for 401k contributions, flexible hours,

Cons

morale at the company has gone low due to many changes, underpaid, unhappy employees

Advice to Management

talk more to the employees. you'll find out that most people who have been working here a while will agree that this is not the company they started working for.

RSS Feed </> Embed