Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Randy Smith

Great place to work

Former Employee - Collections Officer in Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Collections Officer in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment good pay and good benefits

Cons

No real cons I enjoyed my time working there

None they are doing a good job

great work environment with growing opportunities

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union part-time (less than an year)

Pros

loved the work environment and the involvement of the company/management in employees training and life. there was always an opportunity to grow and develop your skills

Cons

there are no negative aspects that I can think of ,except that maybe they can manage their employees time availability and the overall customer service

great job ! would love for their to be more increased wages and for the company to expand to the north texas region in the upcoming future

Its OK, I guess.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Pros

Working in the ASC, we typically have weekends off, unless you are scheduled on a Saturday here and there.

Comfort stations and nice lunch rooms available, along with different vendors daily. Orange Leaf Wednesdays and Panera Bread on Friday are my favorites!

Flexible PTO, pretty good benefits, and unbeatable 401k plan. I contribute 6% each paycheck and they give me 10%.

Also, Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

We need more support in our department...big time.

Duties are not clearly defined.

At times, when someone complains about a duty, it gets tossed onto someone else.

Very conservative....and very fake at times. But if you are fake, you'll do well here!

People are so rude!! I got a negative vibe first foot into the building.

The food vendors have been the same forever---change it up!! Im tired of pizza, burritos, and hearthstone. Why do we need two sandwich vendors in a row?

I wish RBFCU would stop pretending that everyone is happy. We are not happy....just faking it till we make it to the end of the day.

Micro-management

Former Employee - Information Systems in Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits ; nice safe working environment ; modern technology ; lots of projects ; good people as co-workers

Cons

Extensive micro-management ; everything you do has to be approved ; conflicting instructions ; innovation is discouraged while mediocrity and conformity are rewarded. If you're a two-faced brown-noser, you'll do very well here.

Most people need to be right every once in a while. In the environment you created, anyone who comes up with their own independent thought (no matter what that thought is), is automatically wrong. Your environment is toxic for creative people. You discourage creativity and you reward blind obedience. Perhaps there's some way to encourage both so that creative types can thrive in your environment instead of constantly being rebuked for thinking outside the box.

Comfortable work environment - low pay and little room for advancement

Current Employee - Administration in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Administration in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits including health, dental, 401k match and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Low pay, shady office politics. Hardly any room for advancement, both in pay and in title.

Ditch the holier than thou attitude

Not as good as portrayed

Former Employee - Member Service Center Specialist in Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Member Service Center Specialist in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, they give you food regularly, very nice working and lunch facilities

Cons

VERY stressful because phone calls are constant, standards are very high, questions are tough even with a background in banking, VP who reviewed me was very negative and overly critical after I had only been on the phones a week and a half!

Give more positive reinforcement when you are critiquing!

Great place!

Current Employee - Senior Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Member Service Representative

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty awesome. The matching 401k is amazing! The board of directors are really good to us and we get really good bonuses approved by them yearly. By far my favorite credit union I've worked for. I plan on retiring from here!

Cons

Some of the people making the big decisions seem to be moving into a Bank mentality and not a Credit Union mentality. Big decisions are being made without talking to the people that will be impacted the most.

Remember where you came from, you were once in our shoes.

Great benefits, below average pay, behind the times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great benefits such as dental, vision, health, tuition reimbursement, and a yearly bonus. Yearly raises for senior employees.

Cons

Very conservative.
    Low pay .
    Hit and miss with management, some micromanage and some don't make any of their employees take any responsibility.

Stop being so conservative, and realize with branches in Austin and Dallas things are not the same as 1960's air force bases. Face to face interaction is better than video conferencing, and if it has to be done give branches more responsibility instead of putting everything on departments and paying them the same as branches. More opportunities for growth within the credit union.

Used to be nice to Work for RBFCU !

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good 401K, nice people to work with.

Cons

Expensive health insurance benefits, None experience SVPs to departments leading to bad management.

Need to train or pre-qualify management staff before assigning jobs according to their experience.

Great

Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Great benefits and opportunity to advance. We get a bonus which is nice. Getting Sundays off and holidays are nice.

Cons

management is super conservative which is hard to get used to coming from austin. Sometimes I feel like they dont care about your family since we are so busy.

It is time to change with the times.