www.randstadengineering.com

Great place & people!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to make a good amount of money, fun environment, good managers.

Cons

Long hours & it's a team environment so if someone doesn't pull their weight it's a pain

Good job getting rid of the toxic people on the team. Keep doing what you are doing!

Very Professional and always their for support when required

Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager Level III, in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager Level III, in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Randstad Engineering full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was always on time and if there were any discrepancies, they never hesitated to address the issue with the client they/I was representing as often the contracts varied and the client would make erroneous decisions without reviewing the contract of the individual.

Cons

None None None None None

I felt that the Management / Client was not always there with the understanding and direction I would expect from that elevated position. This is not Randstad or the Ash Group, it was at the carrier level with whom the placement agency had secured my position.

Really great place to work!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flex schedule - able to come in and leave a little bit early to beat the traffic
    Everyone here is really very great.

I have been here for a little over a year. My expectations for a staffing company were not super high. I have really been blown away by how great the company is! You are helping people get jobs as well as getting the best qualified people for our clients. It's not just a "sit in your cube and talk on the phone" type job

Everyone gets along really well

10 days of paid vacation as well as floating holidays and paid sick leave. You are even able to roll over up to 5 days at the end of the year (which has been really great for me this year!)

Management truly cares and invests in you. They are very transparent and it doesn't seem that any of them have "pets"

Cons

The work can get a little monotonous if you are in a bit of a rut, but it is like that with any job

Keep up the good work! You are enthusiastic about Randstad Engineering and its employees and it shows!

Do not work here, management plays favorites and backstabs

Former Employee - Staffing Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None
    Met a few cool coworkers, was able to find a better job while I worked here. That's about it

Cons

-Terrible pay, 35k base plus bad commission structure
    -Expensive insurance, I am single with no kids and was paying over $220 a month
    -Favortisim by management, I saw first hand multiple times when management would recruit and fill the position themselves then hand it off to a certain recruiter to help improve numbers. They claimed you must hit requirements to be promoted, however promoted certain individual without them being close to the requirments.
    -Backstabbing by management, they will screw your over in a heart beat.
    -They preach they promote from within, however every time a new promotion spot opened, it was filled from outside the company.
    -Recently changed KPI's and promotion requirments. Now very very difficult. To be promoted
    -No matter what hours you put in they are not happy, it is encouraged to come work on the weekends. Sorry but at 35k, I'm not working the weekends.
    -Terrible software, freezes and crashes multiple times a day.
    -Track all calls for KPI's however, many recruiters/AM's will call personal cell phones or fax numbers to boost call numbers. Nothing is done about this
    -Randstand is taco stand of a company

Quit playing favorites, pay more, listen to your employees, practice what you preach

TACO Stand!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*some* of the people are fun to work with

Cons

-Three managers in the two years I've been there...
    -Terrible commission structure.
    -"Internal growth" ha! what a joke... being promoted is nearly impossible.
    -Benefits are way too expensive for such a big company.
    -Base salary is decent, but not for the type of hours they want you to work.
    -Unless you're a cute guy, don't expect things to go your way here, a lot of favoritism.
    -Encouraged to work weekends and very late hours
    -Software is terrible, you'll get to know IT very well and they won't be helpful at all...
    -This is a good started job for someone that is interested in recruiting, but get your experience and get out.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good place to start for a recent college grad.

Cons

Daily focus meeting - exemplify micro management at its finest.
    Extremely long ramp up process - you will not see a commission check for at least 4 months as and account manager.
    I was asked to work on weekends in addition to my 40hr M-F with no additional incentives.

You will continue to see high turnover rates if this continues.

Good Company

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a great training program

Cons

Your a number to them not a person

Horrible

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly, there wasn't anything I liked about working here. The base pay was okay and the benefits were alright.

Cons

Randstad Engineering is stuck in the old days. They don't invest in new technology, their systems are very archaic, they have horrible management, and don't know how to hire and keep top talent. Very disorganized and hold too many pointless meetings. They don't listen to internal suggestions and the turnover ratio is huge. The management is pretends to listen and care, but they really don't.

Invest in new technology and hire good managers who are hands-on and know the staffing industry. Listen to your top producers and consider taking their advise.

Horrible, one of the worst places I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Randstad Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The company itself is strong, has some good history and is well known in the market.
    -Internal process is fairly straight forward, easy to learn, easy to get going.

Cons

-Micromanage you to death. You will be monitored every second of every day for everything you do.
    -Terrible managers. Lots of young managers who don't understand employee engagement, motivation, or sales.
    -Low compensation. They are not even close to paying what others do in the industry. I found this out first hand once I began to interview elsewhere.
    -Benefits are horrible. Their benefits package is terrible, costs you a ton of money if you have a family.
    -No work-life balance, they want you there 12 hours a day and will criticize you and discourage you from taking vacation or sick time, even if you've earned it..
    -No method of promotion - you would have to have the stars align and someone quit or leave to get a promotion.

Morale was toxic and upper management has no clue what's going on in the local offices. I witnessed 50% turnover while I was there and no one seemed to care. No one is making money, people hated their life there. Wake up.

Unclear Management

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Randstad Engineering full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy work, flexible schedule, low stress

Cons

Zero personal growth. Management is unclear and confusing. Going through a lot of changes and they have no idea what they're doing. Sales commission is not very high.