Randstad Finance And Accounting

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gregory A. Netland

Did not make me feel like I was just a "number".

Records Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe man I work with, Scott Kaplan, is the most honest and thorough I have seen in an employer. If you have anything to talk about he listens and does what he can to fix a problem, find a position or just let you vent.

ConsSometimes you get sent out on an assignment that is less than enjoyable. If you can tough it out then it's worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there is a problem with the company you send the temps out to, try to be more proactive in protecting the temps from being treated poorly.

Great Company to gain experience and grow Sales skill-set.

Staffing Consultant (Recruiter) (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThey provide vast resources to be competitive in a tough market. Management of the branch I work in along with the region is very supportive, open-minded, and appreciative. There is a lot of opportunity to be successful but it does take a lot of work and determination.

Training is good, if you enjoy sales or look to purse sales as a career, Randstad is a great company to get experience and get comfortable with your own skill set when dealing with clients.

ConsDepending on the branch & manager, things could be great and the team works together or very hard with every man/women for themselves (so I've heard). It is sales & recruiting, high turnover is expected, so the industry and job is not for those who have minimal drive, assertion, and aggressiveness to succeed in a competitive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore do-diligence in hiring to limit turnover for recent grads.

Poor Management...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork life balance was ok...

ConsManagement, quite simply HORRIBLE. I will NEVER recommend this company to a friend...STAY AWAY!

Advice to Senior ManagementTORCH Sr Management and start a new!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would give it a zero if I could- avoid Randstad Finance & Accounting

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be a better firm years ago when it was Accountants International.

ConsThey have over the last two years laid off great employees and instead have hired and kept people that are really dishonest or only out for themselves. It's quite sad as they could have been a good company. I would recommend looking at other staffing firms in the top 5, not them. They hire what they call boot campers ( young partying kids) and often fire them in 2 months if they don't hit the ground running. Tough model to make it with minimal guidance usually.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit your hiring policies.

Poorly Managed Integration and Unfocused Leadership Brought Out the Worst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company reinvented itself and then became the second largest global staffing firm through acquisition and integration of Vedior and SFN (Spherion). This created increased internal promotion opportunities. CEO for all of Randstad (Professionals - HQ Woburn, MA) walked the talk, unfortunately his position was eliminated in 2013. I worked with some of the best and most highly motivated colleagues I've ever worked with in my career.

ConsWhen I started working for this company, it was a place I was proud to work. When I quit several years later it was the polar opposite:
    + This division (Randstad Professionals formerly Randstad Finance & Accounting and The Mergis Group formerly Accountants International) rebranded three times in less than four years and had three CEO's in same time frame for this division now branded "Randstad Professionals"
    + The integration of core functions was stymied with problems and errors
    + Compensation Plan changes and pay outs were restructured and not in the individual employee's best interest
    + Most offices are/were understaffed due to high turnover and internal instability
    + After the CEO's departure in 2013, the vision became ambiguous at best
    + Company leadership became so process and integration focused, it forgot about the people: internal employees, external employees, customers and candidates. It because an Equal Opportunity Neglector.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very important to pay people in accordance with what the marketplace determines fair and reasonable, otherwise employees will find other employment. What differentiates this company from its competitors? Being one step above or below a competitor's chaotic mess isn't an accomplishment. What's the company vision? Is it one that has been shared with all employees and they feel empowered to act on it? Fix the culture, it matters!

Very unstable place to work in

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Prospay check comes every week

ConsManager change all the time, no help from corporate office

Started out a great experience with wonderful support and has ended up with little support and no communication.

ProsGood client base to work with.

ConsDepending on who your recruiter is you can get stuck on a client and never hear from them again. Poor benefits and they are very expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your consultants as we are the front line with your clients.

As far as Temp Agencies Go They Were Better Than Most

Accounting & Human Resources (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Pros*Pay Ranges were appropriate for the positions I was placed in.
    *Unlike other agencies I was never placed on an assignment as one position and then expected to work another
    *They were organized and negotiated well with one their clients who wanted to hire me. Other agencies have messed that up in the past

Cons*When Account Manager I worked with a lot left I didn't hear from them anymore. I called and traded emails with them but it went nowhere. Not sure if it was intentional.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving your contract workers and temps real benefits and appropriate pay. It really says something about your organization.

Things changed when Randstad bought Mergis...unfortunately not for the good.

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits package and Stock Purchase Plan was decent. When it was just Randstad the culture was about employee empowerment.

ConsCulture changed and became unethical and cut throat. There was no more employee synergy across the country. I saw some of the best people leave the company. It became about numbers only not helping people get great jobs. The wrong direction for sure.

Job Seekers Beware

Candidate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsIf you are qualified, they will try to find you positions.
    They mostly seem to be nice and professional.

ConsIf you are searchign for a permanent postion, you are on your own. They do not make as much money off of you if you are a direct hire, so they do not try to help you with permanent employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthcoming and honest about candidate intentions.

Worked for Randstad Finance And Accounting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Randstad Finance And Accounting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Randstad Finance And Accounting CEO Gregory A. Netland. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Randstad Finance And Accounting employees.