Randstad Finance And Accounting

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
2.9

Gregory A. Netland

Did not make me feel like I was just a "number".

Former Employee - Records Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Records Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The man I work with, Scott Kaplan, is the most honest and thorough I have seen in an employer. If you have anything to talk about he listens and does what he can to fix a problem, find a position or just let you vent.

Cons

Sometimes you get sent out on an assignment that is less than enjoyable. If you can tough it out then it's worth it.

When there is a problem with the company you send the temps out to, try to be more proactive in protecting the temps from being treated poorly.

Corporate mess

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Recruiters tend to be fun people....you're bound to enjoy good times with some of your co-workers. Commission structure is decent, must be with company for a long time to move up.

Cons

Acquired too much, too fast and in doing so, became a sterile corporate structure. Some of the best managers left, top producers left.....people became more of a number than a person.

Update your resume.

Need Process Improvement

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant (Recruiter) in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant (Recruiter) in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were not any pros. I was misled in job expectations. Technology outdated, processes not in place.

Cons

Without set process, employees cannot be productive or look forward to growth!

Get it together

Great Company to gain experience and grow Sales skill-set.

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant (Recruiter) in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant (Recruiter) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide vast resources to be competitive in a tough market. Management of the branch I work in along with the region is very supportive, open-minded, and appreciative. There is a lot of opportunity to be successful but it does take a lot of work and determination.

Training is good, if you enjoy sales or look to purse sales as a career, Randstad is a great company to get experience and get comfortable with your own skill set when dealing with clients.

Cons

Depending on the branch & manager, things could be great and the team works together or very hard with every man/women for themselves (so I've heard). It is sales & recruiting, high turnover is expected, so the industry and job is not for those who have minimal drive, assertion, and aggressiveness to succeed in a competitive environment.

More do-diligence in hiring to limit turnover for recent grads.

Poor Management...

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting

Pros

Work life balance was ok...

Cons

Management, quite simply HORRIBLE. I will NEVER recommend this company to a friend...STAY AWAY!

TORCH Sr Management and start a new!

Poorly Managed Integration and Unfocused Leadership Brought Out the Worst

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company reinvented itself and then became the second largest global staffing firm through acquisition and integration of Vedior and SFN (Spherion). This created increased internal promotion opportunities. CEO for all of Randstad (Professionals - HQ Woburn, MA) walked the talk, unfortunately his position was eliminated in 2013. I worked with some of the best and most highly motivated colleagues I've ever worked with in my career.

Cons

When I started working for this company, it was a place I was proud to work. When I quit several years later it was the polar opposite:
    + This division (Randstad Professionals formerly Randstad Finance & Accounting and The Mergis Group formerly Accountants International) rebranded three times in less than four years and had three CEO's in same time frame for this division now branded "Randstad Professionals"
    + The integration of core functions was stymied with problems and errors
    + Compensation Plan changes and pay outs were restructured and not in the individual employee's best interest
    + Most offices are/were understaffed due to high turnover and internal instability
    + After the CEO's departure in 2013, the vision became ambiguous at best
    + Company leadership became so process and integration focused, it forgot about the people: internal employees, external employees, customers and candidates. It because an Equal Opportunity Neglector.

It is very important to pay people in accordance with what the marketplace determines fair and reasonable, otherwise employees will find other employment. What differentiates this company from its competitors? Being one step above or below a competitor's chaotic mess isn't an accomplishment. What's the company vision? Is it one that has been shared with all employees and they feel empowered to act on it? Fix the culture, it matters!

Would give it a zero if I could- avoid Randstad Finance & Accounting

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a better firm years ago when it was Accountants International.

Cons

They have over the last two years laid off great employees and instead have hired and kept people that are really dishonest or only out for themselves. It's quite sad as they could have been a good company. I would recommend looking at other staffing firms in the top 5, not them. They hire what they call boot campers ( young partying kids) and often fire them in 2 months if they don't hit the ground running. Tough model to make it with minimal guidance usually.

Revisit your hiring policies.

Very unstable place to work in

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Randstad Finance And Accounting as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

pay check comes every week

Cons

Manager change all the time, no help from corporate office

One of the worst experiences I have ever encountered.

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting

Pros

Not many, the salary was great until they decided to cut everyone by 30%. So much turnover, you never knew who you were going to be reporting too next. Management lacked vision, and creativity.

Cons

Backbiting, Petty, and Ridiculous are great words to describe my experience at this company. No one ever gave you the space to preform your job, they were more interested in forms and protocol, than with actual results. Constant revolving door! The company changed names three times before I left, and then they decided to come after me for a non-compete that was signed three companies before. Of course it never went anywhere, but it didn't stop them from hassling me. Stay away unless you would like to tarnish your career.

Learn to listen to your employees. They actually know what is going on in the field.

Stepping stone

I worked at Randstad Finance And Accounting full-time

Pros

Flexibility
    company seems to be growing

Cons

No upward mobility
    Low pay