Randstad Sourceright Reviews

67 reviews filtered by
4.4
Randstad Sourceright President Rebecca Callahan
Rebecca Callahan

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home is the best (in 4 reviews)

• Great opportunity to grow your career and still have a work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be out of kilter as teams/people are focussed on client delivery (in 6 reviews)

• The majority of us unfortunately believed this moronic middle management, and it all turned out to be lies (in 2 reviews)

1. Tremendous company to work for, really empowers their employees to be great!

Current Employee - Senior Talent Sourcer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Sourcer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Virtual work, good pay, nice bonus structure based on personal performance, benefits are decent, variety of accounts to work for. The virtual work really allows for maximum productivity and performance.

Cons

New employee training could use some work. Sometimes transparency is an issue.

Share things with your front line employees; it's easier to understand why decisions are being made if you're more aware of the business case.

2. Innovative, fun, and challenging

Current Employee - Manager Or Above in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager Or Above in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright

Pros

This organization has come through a roller coaster of changes the past five years, but out of that has evolved a tremendous place to work with incredibly smart people, community (despite being nearly 95% virtual), and an exciting future. Our training is extensive and challenging but drives the use of emerging techniques and technologies. The support provided by our internal talent team, the Center of Expertise, and our overall leadership provides both day-to-day support and strategic direction that sets us well above our competitiors. The majority of our compnay works from home, yet through technology, namely Google+ and other tools, we're able to maintain community, celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, and achievements. All in all, RSR is a great place to work.

Cons

This company can be very challenging, and definitely brings a work hard, play hard environment. As part of this, it's sometimes not for the faint of heart of one who requires constant management. In some cases this can affect work/life balance, at least temporarily. It's feast or famine, but sometimes extra commitment is expected.

As an RPO company, sometimes account teams tend to stay rather constant. Both the company and our clients might benefit from a purposeful rotation to refresh account teams.

3. RandstadSouright has much work to do!

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright

Pros

Weekly pay, effective work team, helpful co-workers

Cons

There is no systemic work structure or protocols. No training for new employees.

Train new employees before putting them to work so that individuals can be more effective to the work team. It is important for individuals to know what is expected to them and what their role is in an organization before being put on projects.

5. Happy and Challenged

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Though acquired by 2nd largest global staffing company in 2010, RSR continues to operate as quick moving, agile mid size company driven to lead the RPO industry. If you have expertise to contribute, RSR will engage you to share, perform, and excel. They continue to invest in technologies and expert resources to staff their centers of expertise, have a very open and inclusive executive team, and exercise strong management principles. I continue to be impressed with the professionalism, open and humble team collaboration that occurs, and am very motivated to drive my own quality results in support of our overall goals. It's a great place to work and to develop your professional skills!

Cons

Virtual nature of work can stymie breadth of internal network and depth of internal relationships.

Continue to invest in finding opportunities to bring virtual teams together through town meetings, regional events, and to drive tactical sales and solutions development proposals.

Continue to focus on communicating paths for career development across all roles.

Continue to invest in leading edge technology, methodologies, ideas, resources, and new delivery model concepts.

Continue to challenge employees with opportunities to apply their creativeness, share their ideas, and deliver value to all aspects of driving a successful RPO business.

6. So happy to be working for Randstad Sourceright

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright

Pros

Genuinely like and trust senior leadership
    Opportunity to work from home is great
    Working for a large company but still have the opportunity to stand out and make a difference
    Move quickly, highly innovative, very client focused
    Great people to work with

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at times

7. Growing Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) realizing wins and new business success.

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work virtually. Ability to manage your day as you see fit. Ability to build your own relationships with your customers / hiring managers.

Cons

Working virtually long term leads you to feel isolated and not a part of the team. RSR tries to address with upbeat team meetings and occasional travel to meet as a team.

Sometimes hard to understand your place in the organization. Long-term goals are unclear - is my role here to get the client to renew their contract for another 3 years or make the best hire I can for my customer? Career opportunities are limited due to the nature of virtual environment.

8. A great place to work - all about the people!

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright

Pros

The people! There is such a diverse group of people working here. I love that we hire professionals who can bring a fresh perspective to the job - it makes the day to day a lot more interesting too. On the flip side, Randstad really tries to take care of their employees, they seem committed to helping them further their careers. Plus, great job security. It might sound too good to be true for such a large company but it's true. I've found there are plenty of opportunities to advance (I personally have enjoyed two fairly major promotions in two years) or even move into a different role or department - which I've seen happen with a handful of colleagues. Definitely a work hard, play hard culture and you will never be bored. I also like the fact that I am able to work remotely (from home or while traveling) or I can go into a Randstad office since I'm based where some of our sister companies have phyiscal branches.

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at times, but I'm fortunate enough to have somewhat flexible hours which makes a huge difference. Compensation may also be slighly lower than other industries, at least in my case, but as you progress in your career you start realizing that who you work for - and with - can make up for a gap in pay. What good is a few thousand dollars more every year if you're miserable when you go to work every single day??

For the most part, keep doing what you're doing. Ideally it would be easier to engage with colleagues in the other Randstad companies but know it's a process. We grew very fast, so I think it's important to keep pursuing ways for employees to be able to share information and best practices efficiently across the company, no small feat I realize. But this will lead to more streamlined processes and overall improved efficiency which will ultimately allow us to provide better service for our clients and talent.

9. Global Opportunities expanding........

Current Employee - Senior Global Director
    Current Employee - Senior Global Director

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Randstad Sourceright's global presence has allowed me to take on a "true" global role within the organization and given me the opportunity to help manage our RPO business in APAC and EMEA. With RPO business maturing more in these regions and also our growth in these regions, it has given me a unique and challenging opportunity in the organization.

Cons

As in any RPO setting, there is constant change and it is vital for employees to be able to adapt to changes internally and in the marketplace.

Continue to build on our internal mobility model and look to promote from within. This has been well received over the past year and is effective in keeping our top talent within the organization. Also to maintain focus with our global customers and continue to enhance our global delivery model.

10. Great Company!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, structured process, always offering innovative tools.

Cons

Salary is not in line with industry, they do not reward employees that have been with the organization a long time.

Work on rewarding the employees that have been with the organization at length, instead of new employees being hired.

11. I will not leave until they make me

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Randstad Sourceright full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the recruiting industry for well over a decade for several fortune 500 companies and diverse start-ups. By far, this has been the most rewarding experience in my career. In a relatively short period of time, I have been involved with some very challenging projects that have stretched me professionally. The people who work alongside me are very supportive with an acuity ranging from smart to genius. Not only am I given the resources I need to be successful in my role, I am encouraged to be creative and am recognized for jobs well done. Among the perks of my position is the occasional opportunity to travel globally which edifies me at work as well as personally. Furthermore, I am fortunate to be associated with a company that is involved with so many charitable initiatives, listens to the concerns of its workers (and factors those concerns when planning annual objectives, I may add) as well as offers health benefits that have been a boon to my family.

Cons

While it is certainly not a bad thing to give the best quality of service imaginable, it is often tempting to work non-stop; this is especially true when receiving emails after hours is a normal occurrence. Responding to email (or instant messages) after hours is not mandatory, so I suppose its more of a personal decision on how you manage your time.

I would like to see a stronger sense of community among the various operating companies. Randstad Sourceright is only part of a very large enterprise. However, despite its girth, it can feel more cozy with increased fellowship.

Randstad Sourceright Photos