www.randstadusa.com

Updated March 1, 2015
2.8

Randstad US President Linda Galipeau
Linda Galipeau

Pros
  • I find their mission statement, the culture and work-life balance to be the most rewarding (in 10 reviews)

• Great training program for those that have had no experience in staffing (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was difficult once hours changed (in 12 reviews)

• You're micro-managed by upper management and goals are very unrealistic (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Looking for a high-level accounting position.

Current Employee - Controller in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Controller in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Randstad US

Pros

Dealing with Merve was more like talking with a friend than a staffing agent.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this company!

RCS Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Randstad US

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. A company that respects individual contribution and out-side of the box thinking. Good base salary with a incentive plan to match.

Cons

The goals and budgets that are set aren't always attainable. The organization is not experiencing though growth at present to enable promotions and advancement. But that might change.

Keep up the drive to gain new business for the organization.

contract employee, good expericenes moving forward, good working with the company. Plan to move forward with them.

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy to contact, good people to work with, oportunities to move forward full time with the company you are ona ssignment with. Overall good company to work for but need to take control of your carreer path.

Cons

take charge of carreer path, no time off pay, sick pay, vaca pay, benefits are decent. Termed a contract position even if it is ongoing with the company you are on assign ment with.

overall good experiece good expericenes moving forward, good working with the company. Plan to move forward with them.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Clerical in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clerical in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Randstad US

Pros

Staffing Agents are nice and helpful.

Cons

Lot of turnover, Ive been with them for 18 months and Im on my third staffing agent, the first two have left the company.

Do the opposite of whatever is making your staff leave.

Current Contractor - IT Administrative Service Desk in Aston, PA
    Current Contractor - IT Administrative Service Desk in Aston, PA

I have been working at Randstad US as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Randstadt US (Randstad Technologies) has been very professional and supportive since day one. A great company contracting company to work for that keeps communication to employees in the forefront. Always responding to questions with utmost timeliness.
    A pleasure to work for

Cons

Non that I can think of.

Please keep up your current practices.

Professional environment with experienced people

I have been working at Randstad US

Pros

Friendly environment. Changing job responsibilities.

Cons

Limited amount of promotion. Money.

Good company

I worked at Randstad US

Pros

Immediate employment for full-time or contract positions. Most positions have good benefits. The leadership team is experienced and does a great job managing the employees.

Cons

The client I worked for was very difficult and the leadership team had a hard time partnering with this customer.

Working at Randstad

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Akron, OH

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good base pay compared to other staffing companies. About 2.5 weeks of vacation. Get to network with a lot of local companies & key decision makers. If you follow the structure of what Randstad thinks you should be and how business should go then you'll be fine. There are weekly KPI's. It's more sales than HR! Can move to a different location easily if there is a position open. This is a good company to gain B2B experience for a year or two and then leave to better your career.

Cons

Career advancement was not outlined at first. PTO is a very nice perk, but feel worried about taking it. All bonuses are split between the people in your unit. This is awful, because if your unit partner is not performing then you are making the money for the both of you. Work/life balance really isn't there. You can say goodbye to ever wanting to have a lunch break without getting bad vibes or weird looks.

Grow your people before they out grow you. Think outside the "Randstad way."

Disappointed

I worked at Randstad US

Pros

The recruiters were very pleasant and friendly.

Cons

While the application and interview process was done professionally as well as with enthusiasm by the recruiter, I was left with a false hope. I was not called in for jobs even though I checked each week and knew I had at a lot of experience plus advanced education to be hired quickly (as they suggested). After a few weeks, I took the initiative to find out why no call-backs. The recruiter failed to tell me that I had scored low on the preliminary administrative tests they give during the screening process (I had not used certain software in a while) and therefore they could not send me on assignments without a higher score. This was very unprofessional and disappointing. Had I been told earlier about the low scores as well as that the testing would affect my employment prospects with them, I could have taken tutorials to brush up on my languished software skills. Time was wasted when I could have been making money on the job.

During screening, let the prospective employee know that employment is contingent on the outcome of tests instead of implying that they could find a job for you based moreover on your academic degrees and career experiences. Also, your company could offer software tutorials as part of either readying a candidate or as part of an on-going benefit of working with your company as a contractor.

Contract Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter II in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter II in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Randstad US

Pros

Good client, paid on time, very few issues

Cons

Placed and forgotten, sometimes clients treat you like a contractor, by not including you in certain meetings.

Randstad US Photos