Randstad US Reviews

Reset
3.2
Randstad US President Linda Galipeau
Linda Galipeau

Pros
  • Work life balance was okay because none of the employees actually cared about the job so they left right at 5 even if stuff still needed to be done (in 10 reviews)

• They have a great training program (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management is rarely on one accord (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Embedded Software Engineer

Current Employee - Embedded Systems Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Embedded Systems Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

fast way to get experience. with relative higher salary. you can work remotely while got aproved

Cons

contractors may not so reliable than a full time position.

2. Software Dev

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great for consulting Easy to find a projects

Cons

Little risky if you are on H1B because of 4 weeks bench

Brutally straight forward with a huge scope to improve

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Payment on time. Fair benefits. Pay overtime if client is ready to pay if you are full time. Do NOT pay 1.5 times for week ends - Just the usual pay. Excellent recruiter one on one relationship. Wonderful, meticulous, extremely fast Immigration and Green Card processing with a dedicated immigration and green card processing specialist. Trust me. I was amazed by their promptness. They were just on top of it.They took care of everything on time and I never had to follow up.

Cons

If on H1B, bench pay of only 4 weeks after assignments. You will be fired if you don't find a project by then. They do NOT do Corp to Corp. Unless you are in top notch technology, it will be very difficult for re-deployments They don't agree for a lower bill rate for re-deployments even if you agree to be paid less. So, be aware and better go for a low to medium pay and don't be greedy and face the bite during re-deployments. They never do anything beyond company policy for the sake of employee even if they have earned hefty during your first assignment. I think that type of business model is unethical. So, be aware of that before you step into. Some projects, even if you submit the resume, you never get a call because they don't have direct hiring manager relationships with all the clients. Some clients, they work only through a vendor portal of the client with no human interaction. All these are BIG problems when it comes to re-deployments. If you are so specific about location, redeployment chances are extremely thin unless you are in NY, LA etc

Advice to Management

Please use the facility of accounting of paying the base LCA salary as salary component and paying the extra billing as a project bonus every month. So, this will make you flexible to re-deploy people if the employee agrees for a lower pay where you will still pay the proper LCA salary for the location but the project bonus will be lower and it is okay. As many are on H1B, they wont go out of status. Getting out of status in the middle of green card process is ridiculously cumbersome. Please don't use the employees to just make profits and throw them unethically like trash as you do now.It is very difficult if we go out of status on H1B and finding an employer to transfer H1B within those 4 weeks of bench pay is extremely difficult. Lots of employees are sole bread winners of their families and they get to the road because of a stupid company policy. It would be great if it is re-thought and re-designed.

5. Agent

Former Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great experience and diverse company exposure

Cons

micro-managers and metrics more than relationship

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Randstad US full-time

Pros

Lucrative commission structure, supportive leadership

Cons

Straight business development, no warm leads

Advice to Management

Awesome leadership!

7. Would work with them again

Pros

Experienced and professional. I would work with them again.

Cons

Same as them all, low rates.

8. Great Experience

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Randstad US full-time

Pros

We moved new to the area in May. The Randstad office in Cool Springs was very helpful. Not only were they professional and super friendly, but they were able to set up my first interview the next morning. The next Monday I was started my first assignment. And it's a great fit! I really enjoy the office I'm working in and it definitely is one of the best places I've ever worked. Thank you all for your help!

Cons

My current position has more phone time & sales tasks than what I like.

9. Great for gaining experience

Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Randstad US (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to get your foot into the IT world

Cons

Besides gaining experience, there isn't much room for career or financial growth

10. Strong company, great benefits

Pros

Progressive culture, great benefits, schedule flexibility and massive pool of resources at your disposal. Randstad is a benchmark organization in the world of staffing and recruiting.

Cons

Metrics aren't always applicable to your specific client/account, yet they're enforced as if they are. While you're reimbursed for a lot of espenses, they're taxed to death.

11. Great Place for Consulting

Pros

I have been working with them for last 6 years and I am extremely happy with them. Full time benefits are good.

Cons

You may need to move, If you dont get the project in a month

RSS Feed </> Embed