Randstad US

Updated November 22, 2014
2.8

Randstad US President Linda Galipeau
Linda Galipeau

Pros
  • I find their mission statement, the culture and work-life balance to be the most rewarding (in 10 reviews)

• Great training program for those that have had no experience in staffing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was difficult once hours changed (in 12 reviews)

• You're micro-managed by upper management and goals are very unrealistic (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

The company is represented throughout the country in most states.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Randstad US part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Is an aggressive company when looking for temporary and permanent employment.

Cons

Start off pay could be more competitive

Off better health benefits. Make it more available.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers I've met have a caring approach and don't micromanage. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. The company also has an in-house continuing education program.

Cons

The hiring process is very long with several interviews and multiple assessments.

Typical big company

I have been working at Randstad US

Pros

Culture is okay for a large company. The work force is quite diverse.

Cons

Breaking through the barrier to management is not easy.

Pretty Awesome

Current Employee - Shared Services in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Shared Services in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Room for growth into company
    awesome boss

Cons

Benifits are horrid
    Only a temp job

Definitely should fix the benifits

I still drive by my old office and feel sorry for myself for when I worked there...years later.

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a great stepping stone into figuring out exactly what not to look for in future positions.

Cons

Honestly, it's tough to figure out where to start. Get ready to work until 6-7 pm, not just when you're busy - everyday. Prepare yourself for "POWER TUESDAYS" where you don't look at any of the notes from previous conversations with prospects and you can't put the phone down either, ALL day. Cutthroat co-workers who will smile when they see you and knowingly steal customers in your territory. It's hard to blame them with the pressure mgmt. puts on them. The amount of micromanaging at Randstad will blow your mind and haunt your dreams long after you leave. Get ready for a "point system" that tracks everything you do, every minute of every day. Hope you have a strong stomach because you will be in constant fear of losing your job.

They seem to promote people based off of pure sales totals. In this business, one random call can get a huge account. Just because someone happened to make 1 call does not mean they should be a manager. Randstad has a terrible reputation for turn over and treating their employees poorly, not just my opinion but everywhere I go I hear this. RUN do not walk from this company. It was without a doubt the WORST experience of my career. It's not close either.

The Worst Staffing Agency WAYNE office location - LACK OF PROFESSIONAL EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Horsham, PA

I worked at Randstad US as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely None - they should hire better people to run this office who care about helping those seeking employment. .

Cons

They place you at jobs that sell you with the contract to hire, then they tell you at a moments and create a fluff excuse why your assignment ends and blames the individual/candidate who was put into the job that it was their fault - instead of owning up to their own mistakes when you even provide them proof of where they went wrong. Everyone from the recruiters have no professional manner when dealing with people who seek employment. It's a disgrace how they run this place!

If you are going to help people find jobs, be honest, professional and have class. The rudest staffing agency and management team I have ever worked with.

Management

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Randstad US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Higher paying base salary but no bonus potential. Great technology and IT software to micromanage the branch staff. Incredible amount of conference calls.

Cons

Branch environment is extremely pressured, unappreciated, and company will continue to loose market share because there is no investment in customer relationships. Turnover is high and management continues to believe all will be fixed with new, younger faces in the branch. Customers disagree.

Wake up and hire, retain and appreciate top talent. You are in the people business.

Over the last 5 years the company devolved into a high pressure, no appreciation, thankless place to work

I worked at Randstad US full-time

Pros

In most areas the salaries are competitive and they are do offer job related training and education

Cons

Poor communication. Most of the manager's don't manage and the ones that do are often micro managers.
    Getting ahead is more often who you know rather than what you know.

Learn to have respect for people. In spite of what the upper management thinks, the morale of most people that work there is very low.

Worst company I've ever worked for!!

Current Employee - Office Assistant in East Greenville, PA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in East Greenville, PA

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about Randstad is the people that work for the client that we work for. If it were not for them I would have left within weeks of Randstad taking over the temp service there.

Cons

Work FT hrs with no benefits, vacation, holiday pay not to mention you won't get a raise from them no matter how long you work there.

Painful experience

Current Employee - Lab Tech
    Current Employee - Lab Tech

I have been working at Randstad US as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent and hours are flexible

Cons

Not a lot a organization

Manage better