Randy's Ring & Pinion

ringpinion.com

Randy's Ring & Pinion Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Randall Lyman

Great Team & Collaborative Work Environment!

ProsGreat People Throughout the Whole Company
    Company Respects Work/Family Life Balance
    Driven Company
    Quality Service & Products
    Employee input IS encouraged and frequently used on decision making
    Great Benefits, 401k with match, holiday, vacation, medical/dental premiums
    I enjoy coming to work.

ConsHigh turnover is just in 2 roles; that being said, there are numerous people that have been here many many years.
    If you have a hard time being monitored and take offense to having to provide status updates this is not the environment for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore positive feedback and rah rahs....
    Compensation review for hourly associates.

The most dysfunctional, unhealthy work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay well. Free donuts or bagels on Fridays.

ConsThere was not one person who on a daily basis did not fear that they may lose their job. Considering how small the company is, the inability for departments to work together or help each other out was unreal. I have heard Randy is gone, but he rules/ruled with an iron fist, all of his reports followed suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever leave, continue to marinate in your horrible work environment and hope that no else has to deal with you.

Fast paced continually growing company!

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsI continue to learn more about our business and the sales process every day. The training I went through was intense. I had to learn a lot of technical information about differentials in a short amount of time. (Not a problem since I am very mechanically inclined.) Once I got the basics I was quickly transitioned to phones. I had some prior sales experience, but this was much different and much more professional. We have a great CRM tool and all of the needed technical info we need. The senior reps are very helpful when I have questions. You need to have a serious sense of urgency to be successful within our organization since a lot is expected of us. Most of the people are very nice and approachable. Even the President of the company along with the sales managers are willing to make calls with me if I need addition help landing a prospect. The company is growing very fast and we have very aggressive growth goals. The neat part is they are actually obtainable and it appears a lot of work goes into the goals to make them realistic. I am not sure why there are some negative reviews. I guess it is because you cannot have an "out of sight out of mind" type attitude. Management makes if very clear that they want the best employees so we can dominate our market. I truly enjoy my job and look forward to many more years.
    Also, great benefits, 401K, and you can even buy into the company.

ConsThey company needs to hire more sales reps. Sometimes it is hard to get time off due to not enough people to cover the call volume.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore updates about the long term goals of the organization. The monthly meetings are awesome, maybe spend a little more time or do something like a newsletter. I know what is going on in sales, but it would be nice to know what is going on in all of the departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I’m proud to work at Randy’s and look forward to a long career.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsRandy's is a fast paced, fun environment where time flies by and the people are great. The compensation / benefits packages are outstanding and the hours couldn't be better. I've been in sales for 17 years and it is refreshing to represent a company that always puts the customer first and sets the benchmark when it comes to manufacturing a quality product. Management holds the team to a very high standard but the lines of communication are always open and new ideas are encouraged and considered.

ConsI don't see anything negative about Randy's. Many of the employees have been here for many years and look forward to being here for many more. Unfortunately, there are some bad reviews from individuals that didn’t understand how fast pace the job was and how important it is to be able to manage your time and work on multiple projects. With so much growth in the last few years, things happen very quickly here and if you don’t ASK FOR HELP when you get behind, the job could become very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would re-evaluate the current hiring process and begin to recruit differently and potentially find candidates outside of the automotive industry. With proper training and better hiring decisions, these new hires could learn the business and bring positive energy and experience to the team.

Dynamic, Challenging and Never Boring.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThere is always something interesting to do. After many years I still look forward to going to work everyday. The people are wonderful and the job is fun. Management has always been supportive of me and has listened to my input.

ConsNot a con per se however we run lean teams with lots to do. It is a dynamic constantly changing environment and you will succeed only if you are adaptable and understanding when company priorities change.

I enjoy working at Randy's and am not surprised by some of the negative comments.

Several (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsLocation, pay, and being involved in making a difference. Communication is improving and changes being made to continue to grow the company. I want to work for a company that is driven and not satisfied. I am not surprised that negative people are not here and lashing out. It is their choice but kind of shows that the company wants people who want to be here and negative doesn't work.

Consmore time hiring the right people that will fit the culture is a key to not having high turnover and the negativity. If people want to make a difference good place. Find ways to hire the people who fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the right people. Communicate expectations and give feedback to everyone in all departments and not just at company meetings.

Was excited for about one week then it went down hill.

In the Purchasing Department (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsMonthly employee meetings
    Bagels or donuts on Fridays
    Holidays off

ConsMicro-management.
    Keeps you in the dark.
    Will let you go without warning or any reason.
    High turnover in the Purchasing Department.
    High school attitude in upper management
    At times extremely unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledgement, communication, compensation for a job well done over time, better benefits, office culture and cease on the office drama.

A very poor experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe starting pay was decent. I enjoyed my colleagues.

ConsWhile there are a lot of great employees, there is a culture of fear that pervades from management down. While the CEO, works off-site, he is HEAVILY involved in daily operations and it is well known that he will fire at the drop of a hat. He has a very bad reputation, and is well known in the greater Seattle business community to be a tyrant. My own boss was threatening me with termination from the very first week, and was a constant jerk. My department had a termination rate in excess of 50% while I was there. If you desperately need a job and do not currently have one, give it a shot. If you already have a job and are looking for something new, don't risk what you already have to work here. Chances are, you won't last long and will have a miserable experience. There are a lot of good companies in the area that will appreciate your talents!

Advice to Senior ManagementChange starts at the top. And the top has proven for 30 years that it is incapable of changing. Even though your business may be expanding, don't use this as evidence that you treat people well.

Good people, horrible owner, Randy will fire you without cause or warning. STAY AWAY!!

In the Purchasing Department (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThe support staff is great and the products are top of the line

ConsRandy Lyman. He is the worst person I have ever worked for, not willing to look at new ideas and better ways of doing things (like using Excel...)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Randy and when you tell someone they are doing a great job and you can see them running the company someday; don't flake out and fire them when Randy has one of his temper-tantrums.

This company is not for most, but it is for some

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary's are fair and sometimes higher than what a person is qualified for. You run into some good people working there. If you like aggressive, fear driven atmospheres, that place will fit your style. There are great people that have spent several years there and enjoy what they do and where they do it. The company is a big name in the automotive world, and growing.

ConsThe environment is mostly a mess brought on by those in charge. It is a win at any cost sales company. They toss around big titles to hire, but those mean nothing once you are hired, your job will be to do what you're told and how you were told to do it. Your interview is a well rehearsed sales pitch which will contain a lot of empty words. You spend most of your time tracking odd tasks and emails. Advancement and raises are rare. Decisions will be forced upon you that you won't agree with, but must follow or else they will find someone else that will.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is hand picked by president, they were chosen because they will do what they're told with no pushback.

Worked for Randy's Ring & Pinion? Contribute to the Community!