Rangam Consultants Reviews

Updated March 16, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
3.9
Hetal Parikh

1. At first I was skeptical giving out so much info…..but in the end it was all worth it..

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phila, PA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phila, PA

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They place you with reputable companies….
    The staff is always ready and willing to help you….
    The staff is so personable…….
    The turnaround time is pretty quick…

Cons

The paper work is very detailed and long….
    You have to fax and or scan a lot of new hire info…

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Reach out to the staff and see how the client is working out. ..

2. Excellent Company to work

I have been working at Rangam Consultants

Pros

It is easy to contact HR when l have questions or concerns. I have received very quick responses every time. They give plenty of time when changes are coming up. Example: During the start of the year, the tool we use to report our timesheet is down for a few days due to maintenance. We were sent a few notices letting us know when it was going to be down and how to report our time.

Cons

I have none at this time.

3. Good company to work for!

Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Newark, DE

I have been working at Rangam Consultants

Pros

You can always get in touch with them and they are very helpful!

Cons

I don't really have any cons at this time

Advice to Management

No advice

5. A good company that is constantly improving by adding Contractor benefits

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent industry contracts and contractor placement process. Recruiters understand client needs and how to match Contractors to assignments. Offers a decent employee benefits package.

Cons

Very little follow up during assignments. Pay rate a bit less than the market. No option for rate increase during assignment extensions or renewals. Employee benefit plan is good with room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Look at ways to improve benefit plan and negotiate rate increase after one year.

6. Supportive

Current Contractor - Associate Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Associate Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive in finding adequate employement

Cons

I would like to see more salary incentives.

Advice to Management

More bebifits

Thank you for your input, we are working on this.

Rangam provided good opportunities in a tough economy.

Current Contractor - IT Applications Support Analyst
    Current Contractor - IT Applications Support Analyst

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rangam is meticulous about placing candidates in the right positions. They want to make sure that the candidate is a good match for the job or they won't place the candidate there. They are very aware of the culture of the companies that they provide placement for and want to make sure their candidates feel comfortable with their work assignments. My pay rate was good and my assignment eventually led to a permanent position with a big corporation. I learned a lot and had an opportunity to work on assignments outside of my immediate skill set and comfort zone. Rangam gave me opportunities to explore and learn. Much of this was because of my own ambition and work ethic, so I would always urge anyone on a contract assignment to work very hard and give your best effort every day. The HR manager (Geetanjali) was professional and always responsive. The payroll manager operated with the utmost efficiency. HR and Payroll were a phone call away. If I had a problem, they resolved it quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons

As a contractor, you are pretty much on your own. You must always remember to put your best foot forward daily and be a professional. Contract agencies don't really represent you - they represent their own companies and their reputations are important, so don't risk your own reputation by creating conflict on the job. You aren't going to get an opportunity to get formal training for any technical certification, so plan to pay for that out of your own pocket. Also, plan to have time off without pay, unless you work out an arrangement in advance and it's spelled out in your contract.

Advice to Management

Rangam HR is pretty good about checking on the consultants that they place. Rangam could benefit from scheduling monthly 1-on-1's with each consultant placed in the field. My assignment was far away from New Jersey.
    I always welcomed a "hows it going?" phone call from the Rangam office. Regular feedback from consultants is always a good thing whether things are going well or not going well at the work assignment. Also, Rangam should expect and plan on consultants taking time off. The burnout factor can loom large with extended weeks without time off. Consultants that travel on business for the client should have a company credit cards, so travel expenses don't have to come out the consultant's pocket. The need to pay travel expenses was an irritant for me.

8. Very good company to work for with good pay

Current Employee - Contractor
    Current Employee - Contractor

I have been working at Rangam Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and very helpful

Cons

No holiday pay, high Medical insurance rate

9. You never get to see who you're working for directly. Everything is over the phone!

Former Employee - Retail Greeter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Greeter in New York, NY

I worked at Rangam Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get your full 40 hours overtime if necessary. The wireless store managers will take advantage of you if you allow them to.

Cons

Working in the wireless store you receive no benefits. The employees and managers exclude you from everything. No health benefits, nothing!

Advice to Management

After contract offer more money to workers!

So so consulting compnay

Former Employee - Project Manager in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Rangam Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are preferred suppliers with some companies ( I believe). [I heard it from where I was sent.]

Cons

In the two years that I was recruited through this company, I don't remember if any attempt was made to ask me how I was doing or if my assignment was ending and they would find me a new job... In essence, they just send you to a job and then don't bother/care as long you keep sending invoices to them...

Adminisrative

I worked at Rangam Consultants

Pros

Company is very professional and paid rate is excellent

Cons

I wish I could have worked longer with company

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

Thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to us at staffing@rangam.com with your updated resume and we would be more than happy to work with you on your next assignment.

Rangam Consultants Photos