Rangam Consultants

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
3.7

Hetal Parikh

Rangam provided good opportunities in a tough economy.

Current Employee - IT Applications Support Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Applications Support Analyst

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rangam is meticulous about placing candidates in the right positions. They want to make sure that the candidate is a good match for the job or they won't place the candidate there. They are very aware of the culture of the companies that they provide placement for and want to make sure their candidates feel comfortable with their work assignments. My pay rate was good and my assignment eventually led to a permanent position with a big corporation. I learned a lot and had an opportunity to work on assignments outside of my immediate skill set and comfort zone. Rangam gave me opportunities to explore and learn. Much of this was because of my own ambition and work ethic, so I would always urge anyone on a contract assignment to work very hard and give your best effort every day. The HR manager (Geetanjali) was professional and always responsive. The payroll manager operated with the utmost efficiency. HR and Payroll were a phone call away. If I had a problem, they resolved it quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons

As a contractor, you are pretty much on your own. You must always remember to put your best foot forward daily and be a professional. Contract agencies don't really represent you - they represent their own companies and their reputations are important, so don't risk your own reputation by creating conflict on the job. You aren't going to get an opportunity to get formal training for any technical certification, so plan to pay for that out of your own pocket. Also, plan to have time off without pay, unless you work out an arrangement in advance and it's spelled out in your contract.

Rangam HR is pretty good about checking on the consultants that they place. Rangam could benefit from scheduling monthly 1-on-1's with each consultant placed in the field. My assignment was far away from New Jersey.
    I always welcomed a "hows it going?" phone call from the Rangam office. Regular feedback from consultants is always a good thing whether things are going well or not going well at the work assignment. Also, Rangam should expect and plan on consultants taking time off. The burnout factor can loom large with extended weeks without time off. Consultants that travel on business for the client should have a company credit cards, so travel expenses don't have to come out the consultant's pocket. The need to pay travel expenses was an irritant for me.

Very good company to work for with good pay

Current Employee - Contractor
    Current Employee - Contractor

I have been working at Rangam Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people and very helpful

Cons

No holiday pay, high Medical insurance rate

You never get to see who you're working for directly. Everything is over the phone!

Former Employee - Retail Greeter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Greeter in New York, NY

I worked at Rangam Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get your full 40 hours overtime if necessary. The wireless store managers will take advantage of you if you allow them to.

Cons

Working in the wireless store you receive no benefits. The employees and managers exclude you from everything. No health benefits, nothing!

After contract offer more money to workers!

So so consulting compnay

Former Employee - Project Manager in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Rangam Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are preferred suppliers with some companies ( I believe). [I heard it from where I was sent.]

Cons

In the two years that I was recruited through this company, I don't remember if any attempt was made to ask me how I was doing or if my assignment was ending and they would find me a new job... In essence, they just send you to a job and then don't bother/care as long you keep sending invoices to them...

Adminisrative

I worked at Rangam Consultants

Pros

Company is very professional and paid rate is excellent

Cons

I wish I could have worked longer with company

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

Thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to us at staffing@rangam.com with your updated resume and we would be more than happy to work with you on your next assignment.

Excellent Team to Further Your Career

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Rangam Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top notch front office staff. Very positive in taking care of employee needs. Work with limited supervision; ability to demonstrate leadership abilities.

Cons

Like any consultant position never know when it's going to end even if all performance indicators are very positive.

Consider targeting the Front Range IT market with greater focus especially the Denver Tech Center.

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into this.

I have mixed feelings about working with them.

I have been working at Rangam Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a prestigious client

Cons

compensation, communication between the contractors and the office staff is practically null. No followup with office staff on issues, no benefits for contractors after a year, high health insurance costs.

start giving your contractors some benefits after a year of employment with you.. cut the healthcare costs a contractor needs to pay with your company. have the office staff become accountable for communications sent them.

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact my office and we can discuss your needs hr@rangam.com or call 908-704-8843 X 225

Not a company I would recommend

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Contracts with great organizations. Very negotiable compensation.

Cons

Lack of communication with candidates, absolutely NO BENEFITS (even after a year of employment), very expensive healthcare plans, no room for advancement.

This company would be neck-to-neck with other leading contracting agencies if benefits were offered to employees whom have worked a year or more. The communication between Rangam and employees really needs a lot of work. Periodic check-in's to assure that employees are doing well would be appreciated; OR an evaluation call with the client about the employee would be nice.

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

It is a company where you can expand your horizon

Current Employee - Human Resource Associate in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resource Associate in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Rangam Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

company with professional, Ethical, Employee oriented approaches.

Cons

Its size is the only downsizing factor in it . Its small company with less than 200 Employee.

Management should improve on communication factor.
    Apart from that it is the best company to grow.

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

We appreciate your feedback.

Great company to work with.

Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very open compensation negotiation with recruiters. No games. The hourly rate offered is the best in the market. I have been working as an consultant for over 15 years and not seen fair and open rate negotiations. Also the timings and approval for submission was very vigorous. The recruiters have worked very closely with me for submissions to the end client.

Cons

Too many layers for screening and submission.

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

We thank you for your feedback.

Rangam Consultants Photos