Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews

1. Just started

Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring

Pros

Seems like a great place to work so far, I am only here 4 weeks. I will update after 3 months

Cons

They could use more bathrooms

Advice to Management

Nothing

2. Meh?

Former Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Exceptional employees. Pretty impressive group of people working for this company. -Clean and beautiful facility. -Definite opportunity for resume building if you're interested in moving up and chasing responsibility. -Great job for people who are young and have no families. -Personally enjoyed the work overall. -Through training program.

Cons

-Claims to be a progressive company, but zero interest in retaining employees or working with them outside of the box. -Scheduling is an absolute nightmare. One weekend off a month. -Zero interest in employee work/life balance. -Not family friendly, almost none of your direct mid-level management have families. -Revolving door. -Sitting (or standing) at your desk for literally 7 hrs and 10 mins a day. -Super lame corporate culture. -A ton of berating from disgruntled customers who think you're their alarm company. A lot of beratement from alarm dealers.

Advice to Management

In my time there, there were moments of happiness. However, I really had to advocate for myself in terms of family/work balance. Always feeling like anything done for me was a favor. I worked all 3 shifts, maintained a high productivity rate and QA score. There was never any real accolade. I definitely felt there was a push for who management wanted and where. My advice would be, open the blinds, paint the walls, play some music. Make the place an enjoyable environment for the 8 hours of sitting. Encourage the employees. And change the scheduling--it's awful. You're not the company environment you claim to be. And you could be.

3. Don't Get Your Hopes Up

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the work, mostly pleasant coworkers, and there was decent snacks for sale in the break room. "3 Keys To Success": (1) Positivity (2) Engage in conversation..."Tell me more about that...." (3) Dress To Impress.

Cons

The hiring process is very discriminatory; after screening people out with a Personality Test, interviewees are then forced to take an Intelligence Test. On the first day of training, the very first thing done, before introductions, is that employees are presented with a policy paper and notified that they can be instantly terminated at any time for any reason - sign here. (foreshadowing) I sat through 3 weeks of training classes; the fourth week was on-the-job training by making phone calls. I passed the mid-term and final exams. After working hard to learn the systems, extensive contradictory policies, and exceptions, I was forbidden by trainers from referencing my notes & writing down "what to improve" when I got feedback. On the last day of on-the-job training, the fourth Friday, I'm told, "We were scoring my calls and you got a 76; we needed a score of 80, so you are terminated effective immediately. You've shown improvement each day, but there's no second chance and this job's not for everybody. I'll walk you out." Guess that vacation time in 3 months that I asked about has been approved after all!

Advice to Management

I'm sitting here with my briefcase full of 24 pages of handwritten notes on policies, procedures, what to do in each scenario, and huge stacks of handouts from training. Why would you spend 4 weeks on training, and not give someone who passed the mid-term, final exam, and showed steady improvement, a second chance to succeed at the job?

Extremely pleased with the company so far.

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Extremely welcoming and friendly environment -Supervisors are patient and happy to help with any and all questions -training is thorough and on-going -This job will stretch your abilities and take you out of your comfort zone if you have not done this kind of work before. I feel this is a positive thing because they are also extremely supportive throughout the training process and go above and beyond to help people out. -an 8 hour shift is really 8 hours long and includes pay for time spent on all breaks and lunches -Lots of overtime opportunity after about 2 months -Overtime is rarely if ever required -Competitive entry level pay -Full Benefits package after just 90 days -You know your work schedule more than a month out at any given time making it easy to plan around work.

Cons

-No wiggle room on breaks and Lunch times. Due to the nature of the business (protecting life and property) break/lunch times have to be strictly enforced. This is not an issue for me but is something to be aware of if you tend to lose track of time on your breaks/lunch -Breaks are very short. Break time is 10 minutes which is barely enough time to use the restroom and grab a small snack. You get 2 breaks which you can take pretty much whenever you want -Lunch is also short. 30 minutes is enough time to eat but wont give you enough time to go out to eat somewhere so you need to bring your lunch or pay a small fortune to buy primarily junk food available in the break room convenience store (equivalent to what you might find in the refrigerated sections of a small convenience gas station store) -Breaks have to be requested from a break pass Que. When a pass is available you can take your pass and go to break. The problem is you can be stuck processing an alarm when it becomes your turn and miss your pass which you have only 2 minutes to accept. It has taken me as long as an hour and a half to actually get to break. On the positive side of this if you really NEED to take a break and are having trouble getting there the supervisors will help you or may let you take a personal break. For me personally having significant trouble getting to break has only happened perhaps once a week on average. Most of the time it takes less than 15 minutes to get to break. -Unscheduled breaks have to be requested from the supervisors. They have to make sure they have coverage so you have to ask permission for an extra bathroom run. This is the nature of the business. It is essential that there are enough people available at all times because we are protecting life and property. ***The simple solution to this is to not wait for it to be an emergency!

Advice to Management

Maintain the friendly and supportive atmosphere you have created at Rapid. In my opinion that is your best asset. -The Break Pass system could use refinement in cases where the Que is long -I would love to see Rapid Response host local social events for employees. It can be difficult to get to know the people I work with since I am in communication range with only 1 or 2 people at most (sometimes none) all day and lunches and breaks are so short that there is very little excess time to get to know the people I work with.

6. Steady paycheck with ample overtime available

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady , stable paycheck. Ample overtime and premium holiday pay available. Dont have to take the job home with you.

Cons

Creepy obsession with cleanliness Lots of nepotism Amateurs pretending to be professionals

7. If you want a place that cares even a tiny bit about it's employees.... Go somewhere else.

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good reason to work there is because there are great people as your co workers. Upper management is a joke as is their "internal promotions" which don't exist.

Cons

You must ask to go to the bathroom. You must ask to get a drink from the water fountain and you will get written up if you go to the bathroom more than two times a day without a doctors note.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and stop lying to us. About every little thing. If you don't respect us don't expect any in return.

8. Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule - great and encouraging management - good pay

Cons

break policy is ridiculous and doesn't provide much wiggle room .... limited to two 15 min breaks per shift (not including lunch)

awful

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time

Pros

Best for those who enjoy a highly structured environment, like high school...or prison. Very, very busy environment.

Cons

excessively stringent and punitive environment, you even need to ask for permission to use the bathroom and will be scolded if you go 'too many' times during the course of your day! Mandatory overtime enforced, swing scheduling makes it nearly impossible to have any kind of life. Extremely low wages and sky-high stress ensure high turnover.

10. Growing Company-great for a jump start to your career

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for Growth Growing Company Impeccable Facilities

Cons

Some favoritism and nepotism Nature of the business takes you from home more than the typical 40 hours

Typical customer service position.

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers a steady paycheck with small raises at set specific milestones, and opportunities to earn added income through working overtime and holidays at a higher pay rate. The benefits (health insurance, 401K) are pretty decent as well. There are also a lot of pretty great people that work at the company.

Cons

It is a stressful environment where management doesn't support its staff with positive reviews and encouragement, and you don't get paid enough compared to how often you have to deal with people belittling you over the phone. It can be difficult to get time off, and you often end up working 6-8 days straight. Plus you cap out at a certain pay rate, so unless you get promoted or move to a different department, both of which are incredibly difficult to do, after a while you won't get the chance to make any more money. It's work while you're between jobs.

RSS Feed </> Embed