Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Russell R. MacDonnell

Cannot say enough good things!!

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am currently employed here but unfortunately had to put my notice in this week. My husband is being transferred to Chicago at the end of the month :(. I do however want to share my thoughts about Rapid Response before I go. I have worked here for about 5 years and this is by far the most progressive company I have ever worked for. Just over the past 5 years we have gone through many changes from massive expansions at our Syracuse facility to opening up a new location in Corona California. I have seen a true metamorphosis in the management team that has lead to serious growth in the business and for me personally. I cannot say enough. From the benefits to the bonuses and the many promotions I was awarded during my tenure. Awesome place to work!

Cons

Not having a location in Chicago (Joking). This can be a stressful job because of the fact that we are handling emergency situations on a daily basis. You do have to be the type of person that can keep things in perspective and not let those events get you down. I do yoga!

Advice to Management

When you expand again (which Im sure you will), consider Chicago. I would love to come back. Take care of all of the friends I made here!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Rapid Response
    Current Employee - Rapid Response

Pros

Amazing benefits, helpful and caring management, great coworkers, amazing pay.

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Rapid response does so much for their employees. The expansion is going to be so beneficial to everyone who works there, and it allows us to interact more with each other in a comfortable environment. People who complain about certain things at rapid have to understand you need to do work and grow up. I enjoy my work I've been there for 3 years and have made some great friends and have learned to the industry.

Awesome job in Syracuse!!

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fun and fast paced job. Lots of incentives like annual increases, performance bonuses, medical, dental and 401K. I have been here 1 year and already have been promoted twice!!

Cons

They do promote from within but with the growing staff numbers, most positions are pretty competitive so bring your "A" game.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice. I do feel that management does a good job and genuinely cares for their employees.

Operations Supervisor

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Corona, CA

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for almost a year now and so far it has been a great experience. Rapid Response is based off of Syracuse, NY and recently expanded to Corona, CA. Their expansion was an indication that there was room for growth within the company so I jumped on board. I was looking for a place where I could start a career and sure enough I made the right choice. Within less than a year I was promoted to shift supervisor. That it is one of the greatest pros that Rapid Response has; it promotes from within. The rate at which the company is growing opens doors for employees. If you're a dedicated, driven individual that is looking to advance within a company, then this is the right place for you. Aside the fact that there is plenty of room for advancement, the atmosphere is great. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other. Training is very good and the company invests a lot of time and resources to make sure that you are doing a great job. The company wants to make sure that employees are fully trained to handle emergency situations and help protect the life and property of individuals. As supervisors one of our main priorities is to be there for the specialists. I love being able to answer questions and having the ability to teach someone something new. The benefits are great, and there are performance bonuses as well as annual increases.

Cons

Breaks and Lunches are strictly enforced. This isn't an issue for me but it could be an issue for some. The nature of business requires for someone to be available at all times.

wish I still worked here

Former Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

II worked at rapid for 3 years. I left in 2014 to move to Florida. There are no jobs here that compare. The benefits and pay were great. The job is very rewarding and I miss doing something that mattered. I just put in my application today to see if I can get rehired. If I do get the job back, I will move back to Syracuse immediately. Fingers crossed!!

Cons

Not the warmest weather which is mostly why I moved south. I will gladly brave the winter to get my job back.

Advice to Management

I hope the management is as great as they were a year ago. I have never felt so supported and well trained in any other job. My advice would be to rehire me!!

Meaningful work, and great place to be an industry professional

Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Syracuse, NY

Pros

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for 7 years, and feel that it is a good time to share some insight based on my experiences while working for my company. One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is being able to help people. We monitor residential and commercial fire, burglary, and medical alarms, and each day I have the potential to save someone's life from a medical emergency or protect someone's property from fire or theft! While I've enjoyed other jobs that I've held in the past, I had never went home with the same sense of accomplishment or fulfillment. Honestly, that initially sounded intimidating, but I appreciate the company's focus on providing tools, software, policies, and training time to assist Specialists navigate and complete alarms easily. The benefits are also very good! I have medical and dental plans which I've used with good coverage and deductibles, and I have a growing 401K as well. Some of the more subtle benefits though are an 8-hour work day, paid lunches and breaks, reward programs, and holiday parties. This is also an environment where I learned to be a professional in an industry, which is an experience that will help me succeed in my endeavors over the course of my life. I also enjoy the company's job security as the company has only been growing over the years! Lastly, a very important benefit is the people! I enjoy interacting and working with every individual in the company, learning from them, and helping each other learn and succeed. I must also mention a fantastic aspect of Rapid Response; the many job opportunities that are available within the company. I started with Rapid Response in 2008, learned 5 different skill-sets to become a fully-trained Specialist, joined a Specialty team, was accepted into the Training Department, and later became the Training Coordinator. I greatly respect that superior customer service, a driven work ethic, and a healthy learning environment is encouraged and rewarded here! Having the option to apply for vastly different departments and continue to learn and grow is highly attractive to me, and it is good that this type of movement is encouraged by management as well.

Cons

A unique aspect to protecting lives and property is that the work environment is not as relaxed as other companies, and policies can also change unexpectedly for several reasons. As a result I have learned to be flexible and more disciplined, although this can be a challenge to some.

Rapid After 6 Months

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rapid Response is a great company, some of the positives include, the ability to grow. I've only been with the company for a short time but you can tell if you are dedicated there is options for you to advance your career. On top of this they promote from within alowing you more opportunities than many other companies. Rapid Response is an ever growing company as they build an addition at this time that will almost double the size of the building. The management team is also very supportive and always there to help. Benefits can not be topped for a company that employees many young adults.

Cons

The rotating schedule with only one weekend off a month. Some of the shifts are tougher than others as this is a 24/7 operation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to motivate and support the employees both new and old. Dont focus on just the new employees however make sure everyone gets the same attention

Friendly Work Environment with Career Advancement Opportunites

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed every moment of working for this company! The atmosphere is unlike any other company I have experienced. Everyone is friendly and eager to lend a helping hand. They promote from within so if you are a hard worker and have a positive attitude, it is easy to excel here. I have been able to move up quickly within the company, even without having any prior experience in the industry. The training you will receive is unbeatable! They understand that everyone has a different learning style and learns at various paces. The Training Department equips you with all the skills you will need and provides one on one attention as you refine those skills. They focus on the quality of your work instead of on meeting set productivity requirements. I always have felt respected and valued while working for this company and am thankful for the great benefits and flexible hours they provide.

Cons

Due to the nature of the business, certain positions require some weekend work.

Great growing company!!!

Current Employee - Central Station Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Central Station Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at RRMS for almost 6 months now. This is by far the best job I have had after graduating college. I have already been promoted to a special team and have received 2 raises. I have never had that happen before. They told me that if I work hard and stay focused, I will see advancement. So far that has been very true! My benefits are excellent Full medical, dental and 401K that RRMS matches!! I love working here so far and 2 of my college friends are in the application process as well.

Cons

None really at this time. I can honestly say that I enjoy my job. I will update this review if this changes.

Advice to Management

Please do not change your promote from within policy. I think this is one of the most attractive parts to the job. I hope to continue to advance!

Just started

Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Seems like a great place to work so far, I am only here 4 weeks. I will update after 3 months

Cons

They could use more bathrooms

Advice to Management

Nothing

RSS Feed </> Embed