Rapid7 Reviews

Reset
4.3
Rapid7 President and Chief Executive Officer Corey E. Thomas
Corey E. Thomas

Pros
  • The people are amazing and everyone is willing to help you (in 4 reviews)

• This is the first job I've had where I've really been excited to come to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance isn't a concern here (in 13 reviews)

• There is no work/life balance with an unlimited vacation policy employees rarely take time off because they are looked down upon (in 6 reviews)

Gotta have drive...

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

Unlimited growth potential Constant and instant feedback from management Strong sales training program - better than any I have experienced Mentor program for all sales reps Management training program starting as early as 6 months Competitive team based environment Not 100% commission Health and dental insurance after 30 days If you are driven and have strong work ethic, you can move into a management position within 1 year.

Cons

Long hours when you first get started First 6 months are extremely challenging No down time. Extremely fast paced. Work-life balance is a challenge in 1st 6-9 months

Advice to Management

Rapid7's growth is off the charts, so keep up the hard work.

Discipline and Determination.

Current Employee - Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

Great potential - quite literally, the only obstacle to your own success is YOU. Startup mentality and very close-knit group, so the ability to balance having fun and keeping things loose yet delivering at a high level makes for interesting workweeks. If you are searching for a challenge and are more than willing to PROVE and not just TALK, then this company is the right fit for you. Ideal and successful personnel have the proper combination of adaptability and dogged determination - if you are a punch-the-clock type individual, you may struggle to make it over the hump.

Cons

Along with the high-intensity atmosphere and party vibe many here have described, it's all too easy to lose track of one's personal health and wellness. The ability to push back gracefully and to set the threshold for moderation (both in work and at play) is necessary for longevity. Also, the nature of the industry requires constant training to not only maintain but excel -- it takes discipline and a strong hunger for learning to stay on top of the multiple new technologies and network security techniques that emerge on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Different training methods to keep methodology and chops fresh, yet relevant to a variety of learning styles. Granted the main focus is on revenue generation and product development, but keep in mind today's rookies are tomorrow's team leaders.

Intense work environment, rewarding if you can handle it

Current Employee - Software Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

Great training program for engineers. Very intense environment almost like a startup, but most everyone shares the load. Great product, good name to have on your resume and they are growing very fast. Also good vacation program there is no HR limit on the amount of vacation you can take.

Cons

Intense environment. Easy to get burned out if you are not careful. Sometimes it feels like a boys club

Advice to Management

More focus on health/wellness

5. Hard Work and Challenging, but well worth the personal Growth and Compensation

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

The sales training program at Rapid7 is incredible. Having been here for almost 2 years, I never cease to stop learning and improving my sales skills. Additionally, I have grown as a business person; now able to train and coach people and command respect from other business professionals. Rapid7 provides ceiling-less opportunity for growth and compensation. Through incredible mentor ship from my manager I have achieved high sales goals. The culture is high energy, urgent, and a lot of fun. I can be myself - laugh, joke, be serious and focused etc.

Cons

I work pretty long hours; however I strive to top the sales rankings so the extra hours I put in are my choice. The high energy in the office makes our long hours fly by. My only struggle is in finding a balance between my work and my life outside of work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. There was a time when some of the wrong sales reps were in here (often immature and lazy). Now we have a great crew, so lets keep it that way by only hiring the best.

6. The potential for professional and personal growth is outstanding.

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

Growth opportunity. Being surrounded by successful people. A fun and active work environment.

Cons

Long hours. Pressure to constantly deliver high caliber performance.

7. Irrevocably fulfilling and meaningful.

Current Employee - Talent Scout in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Scout in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

I have been here for 5 years and have had several opportunities to grow, develop and wear multiple hats. I went from a general office admin to sales support to HR to recruiting. An interesting statistic is that 75% of the people have been at Rapid7 for at least 3 years. Most of those folks have been promoted to management positions or have moved on to other departments and roles. In addition, I am surrounded by A players. Everyone I know is passionate about what they do and goes above and beyond the status quo.

Cons

You have to keep learning and be passionate to do exceptional work. Anyone that falls short of that will not make it here.

Advice to Management

Keep our energy alive, with the people we hire as we grow and overall cultural environment. As much as I enjoy the structure of a corporate environment, I enjoy and would like to keep the fast-paced mentality everyone has from the startup days.

8. Excellent career move from Fortune 500 to Rapid7

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

I had a difficult decision leaving a Fortune 500 company of 8 1/2 years to come to Rapid7, giving up seniority and comfort. After 9 months at Rapid7, I have no regrets. The colleagues I work with are easy to get along with, intelligent and welcoming. Everybody is truly passionate about making the best possible products for our customers and giving excellent customer service. I have only worked a few weekends in my 9 months here, and maintain a regular 40-50 hour work week. The upside potential for this company is astonishing.

Cons

It is an intense environment which can be difficult when balancing work/life, if you let it. Benefits have gotten much better over the past 9 months, but still are only about 85% of the benefits I had at my previous job. The nerf gun wars can get annoying at times, but are generally fun.

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you are doing: improving our benefits, encouraging work and life balance, and making our work environment enviable by those looking in.

Great Place and great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people that work their are the best and also social hour

Cons

upper management needs to figure out what is going on

Advice to Management

listen to the people that work their

Incredible opportunity to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

Rapid7’s culture is definitely top-notch with people who are truly passionate about their work across all departments. Everyone work extremely hard you can tell they are excited to come into work everyday and push themselves as well as the company to the next level. If you do your best work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you will fit in well. My manager is invested in my own professional growth and development and offers the guidance I need to help me succeed. Opportunities to influence change are abundant. I have the chance to work on projects that are beyond my typical “job description.” High performers are able to take control of their careers and do what they wish with it.

Cons

If you’re looking for a slow-paced environment, this won’t be a good fit. You must be on top of your game.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible

Encouraged individuality and career growth

Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As mentioned in the title, Rapid7 does a fantastic job of promoting individuality, I also have never known what work/life balance was until coming here (not to mention the UNLIMITED vacation) policy! It's very encouraging to work for and with people that are recognizing hard work and putting an emphasis on continued career growth.

Cons

I think we could do more promote camaraderie between the offices, sometimes I think we forget about our counterparts and would love to see more collaboration with the teams outside of Boston.

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency to the teams on the future of the company and goals, you all have done a great job on this to now. I think Summer hours are also a great idea! I would really like to continue to see the open door relationships with Execs and staff level employees, it makes us feel special.

RSS Feed </> Embed