Raseri Reviews

Rick Knutsen

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager

I have been working at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the fun work environment and the people I work with. Everyone is really helpful and I like that the president of the company is always readily available and has an "open door policy". They do lots of fun office events and charity events which I think is cool because none of the other companies I have worked for have done anything like that. The training is really good as well. I came straight out of college so I haven't had any sales/marketing experience but I think I have learned more in the short time I've been here than at any other position in any other company. So far I'm really enjoying what I do here and I can see a long term career opportunity.

Cons

The interview process is pretty extensive. They do three rounds of interviews and I have some friends that also applied that didn't get invited back for the second interview.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

If you like going door to door

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with customers face to face. I like sales, so the sales side was cool. Other than that not much else is a pro here.

Cons

door-to-door and commission only, didn't receive my last pay check for over a month after fighting with them for that long. I took the position in having an open mind with what we were doing. After a few doors slammed and dinners interrupted I had to quit. I thought appointments were already set up and they were not.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees on time in addition to being up front on the phone about what you guys do. I had no clue what this position even was when I called in. I thought I would be working inside an office - not going door to door.

Competitive, fun place to work.

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

I played baseball in college at Bowling Green. Once I graduated I was really looking for a career that had growth potential first and foremost. Because of my competitive background, growth and advancement is very important to me. I wanted a company that promoted only from within. Most companies surprisingly do not only promote from within. I found Raseri and everyone talked about how they only promote from within and that got me really excited. They also talked about how it was merit based and it didn't matter if I had any sales or marketing experience...all that mattered was how hard I worked. Obviously coming from a competitive environment, that was very appealing to me. I've been at Raseri for a little over 6 months and I am very happy I choose to take my talents to Raseri. I feel like I've learned more about business in 6 months than I did in the 4 years I was in college. I'm really excited for my next promotion and growing with Raseri Inc.

Cons

It's competitive. Everyone is here to help everyone but it's still competitive. It's fun competition though. I know some people that don't like competition and it scares them away. I love it though!

Advice to Management

More competitions to travel. I know you're doing a competition to take someone to the New York conference but I want to go to more places to visit other offices and cities. The competition you ran for a new suit was a lot of fun too!

A very good learning experience with ample opportunity to grow!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lots of great reasons to work at Raseri. For one, there is a very positive work environment. People are constantly willing to help out in any way they can. It is also very competitive. For me, that was definitely a pro for working here. I liked the team atmosphere, and the competition always drove performance both in sales and in leadership. Strong performance was always rewarded. Our client always had a good bonus structure that rewarded top performers while remaining fair to the average performers. This position is commission based, so people who are money driven can really excel without being capped off by a salary. Another pro is the fact that they are business professional. Suits and ties every day. This company develops a professional mindset from the way you dress to the way you conduct business. Their system teaches training, development, interviewing, and management strategies to help open your own company. The merit based approach is a very nurturing system which will challenge people, but at the same time ensures that the new business that comes out of Raseri is a strong, long lasting business. Statistics do say most businesses fail within the first 1-2 years, and Raseri is a company that works hard to make sure those new businesses are a success. Finally, the last pro would be the relationships created while working here. The work environment is very fun. Work hard, play hard is their mantra. In the time I worked there, I attended several office functions, from cookouts to holiday parties, as well as their numerous office nights where we would do several fun activities such as karaoke, bowling, dodgeball, volleyball, cornhole, scavenger hunts, flag football, etc. I made tons of great friends at Raseri, as well as many professional contacts through the networking opportunities we had.

Cons

While all of the pros are great reasons to work at Raseri, there are a few things that may deter people from working here. This box says to describe some of the challenges of working here, and there are several. Challenges aren't necessarily a bad thing, but they are necessary to develop strong entrepreneurs. Nobody ever said this career path would be easy, but the development program is absolutely real, and there is nothing deceptive about it. One of the challenges of working here is the work/life balance at the beginning. The normal hours are 11-8:30 Monday-Friday, and Saturdays 9-4. This includes a couple hours in the office, and several hours being brand managers for the client. However, those are just the set hours. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that the managers do to further enhance the development of the people in the office. There are meetings that happen before the day starts, and there are several office functions throughout the week that are not mandatory, but strongly recommended. As I stated in the pros, these functions are all very enjoyable, and they even welcome family and friends, but at the same time, there is not a whole lot of time allotted for people to have a balanced home life. As I said before, being a successful entrepreneur isn't easy. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. However, if someone who works at Raseri is willing to live with a couple years of an unbalanced life, they will be rewarded with a care free life after the work is put in. Another challenge is the work itself. In the office, there is a lot of information given during the meetings. That information must be applied to the work they do every day in order to be successful. Everything must be written down. Once the meetings are over, the sales and marketing begins. One of the things that is abundantly clear on the interview is that people start from the bottom. It is merit based, therefore everyone starts at the same position and works their way up. At the beginning, people are trained in the field about the current client. They do business to residential normally, so yes, for the layman, that does mean going to people's doors. I am constantly baffled at people who thought they were deceived on the interview. I worked there for over 2 years, and while it wasn't the most enjoyable work, I never felt mislead by the interview process. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I knew what the opportunity was. Yes, it is a challenge to do a B2R campaign. That is why there are so many young, motivated individuals. Lots of people aren't willing to do this type of work. That's why certain people achieve wealth. They work their tails off to be their own boss. It's the process that is the challenge. Everyone uses their own cars to get to their territories. Mileage and maintenance is a tax write off, not a reimbursement. That is a challenge, but so many people let that become a roadblock for them. Very rarely did I see someone truly see the big picture. Once someone did, they succeeded.

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding those who excel, and continue the public praise. That will cause the rest of the office to rise to their level.

Door to do sales position

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were very kind, but too invested in the company culture. The woman who hired me (evidently I was on her "team," something that was never explained to me) was wonderful-- and has since left Raseri.

Cons

This is a direct door to door, 100% commission based job. You'll be told at your second interview that training will be paid-- it isn't. You just take some of your trainer's commission. The hours you're expected to put it (unpaid) are long and not worth it, especially when you're expected to wander your T (territory) from 1 pm to 8:30-9pm all week and a "half day" on Saturdays. The schedule and expectations are stressful and exhausting. As a "future leader" you have to attend two mandatory meetings where the CEO/manager explains how he made it into the company. Office nights are mandatory and those who don't attend for whatever reason (exhaustion, too broke, no gas, want time with your family) are looked down on and often shamed. Those who leave the company are disrespected by employees and are called lazy, unmotivated, etc. Also, if someone leaves you're never told why. The entire time I was at Raseri I was fed lies about how easy it was to move up the company. In reality I went sent into unsafe areas alone-- I was verbally harassed by men, had the cops called on me, was verbally abused by people who had no desire to deal with a soliciter, and I was strongly discouraged from carrying a bag with me (to hold water bottles) and bathroom breaks were never an option. We were told lies by account managers and management that was passed on to customers. The level of dishonesty and exploitation there is absolutely appalling. Raseri preys on recent college graduates struggling to find employment. The number of people who came and went during my time at Raseri was unbelievable. Some would show up for their first day and never return.

Advice to Management

Transparency- this company is ethically and morally bankrupt. Stop lying to prospective new hires.

If you want to be in control of your life, this is a great opportunity!

Pros

Constantly surrounded by motivated people, a group that always wants to help you reach your goals. So many opportunities to travel, one of my personal favorite things. I love that everything is merit-based and that hard work is rewarded. I wake up every morning excited to go to the office and take on the day!

Cons

The manager, Rick, is better than me at ping pong; he is very competitive and gets upset whenever I beat him.

Advice to Management

Keep running a killer office!

fun and challenging place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place allows young professionals to develop their communication skills as well as their entrepreneurial skils. Family environment makes for a motivating to place to work

Cons

The program is very black and white and sometimes it is very competitive to get rewarded.

Advice to Management

Sometimes we are held to a very high standard and we are held accountable every time

9. My experience working at Raseri was one I could never forget, from their bubbly admin, to the professional atmosphere!

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Raseri provides an opportunity for young entrepreneurial minds to reach financial and time freedom!

Cons

Hard work actually means hard work!

Advice to Management

Management is all about coaching individuals on a level they can relate to!

More or Less a Scam

Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

-Fun working environment -Friendly coworkers, eager to help -Pay can be pretty good if you make a lot of sales

Cons

-Virtually everything else about the company -They claim to give you paid training and do not -The online job descriptions say things like "Develops, implements and maintains processes, procedures and programs to improve customer service", but in reality it is a door to door sales job selling cable and internet. -They teach you ways to trick customers into buying the product, telling you to not leave them alone until you receive three "no's". (this really tends to anger disinterested people) -If you like irritating people while they are at their home and trying to manipulate them into buying something they do not need, this is the job for you. -If you cannot land a sale (meaning, if everyone in the neighborhood you are assigned to is not a complete sucker) then you will not have an income. -The employee turnover is an absolute disaster. I saw 7 people get hired and/or quit during the very short time I was there (not including myself). -Did not get home from work until around 8:30 every evening, which would have been fine if we didn't start at 10 am. -Bottom line: avoid this company unless you have nowhere else to turn, especially if you have a college degree. They try to lure you in by saying it is a job worthy of a college graduate, it is not. It is not a job worthy of a middle school graduate.

Advice to Management

-Quit being so deceitful, and for goodness sake quit padding your reviews on glassdoor.com. Seriously, nobody is stupid enough to believe that all 4 of the reviews that were place on Sept 1 were coincidence, especially since they are all extremely positive and full of moronic clichés. If you are going to pad the reviews at least spread them out and make them look legit.

Scam

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess if you like selling cable door to door, this is the job for you

Cons

Basically everything else was a con. Got an interview with them about a week after graduating, which was super exciting. First interview was fine, seemed normal. Went on another interview over lunch, also seemed fine. Like others have mentioned, received a call the night before with the hours and that I'd need a change of clothes. 11-8 or whatever the hours were seemed very weird, but ok, its a job. Show up and first thing you notice is that all the offices are empty. Its basically just a big empty building with a few desks and some HBO/Showtime posters on the wall. Start off by standing in a closet sized room taking BS notes. Then we played some lame icebreakers, and were told to change in the back room into polo and khakis. Then the real fun begins. Got into a random guys car, and drove to Findlay were we got to sell cable door to door. How exciting! Such a garbage job. I was NEVER once told I'd be selling cables door to door. After work(8pm) I was told everyone was going out the the bar, and that I should come. When I mentioned I just wanted to go home and see my girlfriend, I was given flack for not wanting to attend a team bonding event. I went home and got my old job back.

Advice to Management

Maybe when you interview people, you should straight up say "Hey bro, you're gonna sell U-verse door to door."

RSS Feed </> Embed