Raseri

Updated August 19, 2014

4.4

Rick Knutsen

Best work environment!!!

Pros

I have fun everyday-Raseri fosters a very family-oriented environment and it's great for the workplace. I don't have to worry about coming to work and being bored; there's always a new challenge or task to accomplish. I appreciate that because I used to work in a very monotonous environment in my previous position so it's an awesome change up.

Cons

This is the first job I've had where I wasn't micro managed by a supervisor or boss. The CEO gives his employees the tools to be successful and allows them to make their own mistakes without being harped on. This was a transition for me because I've always had someone telling me what to do.

Please continue the support you provide your employees; it's extremely beneficial!

Was too good to be true

Pros

If you're willing to put everything on the line, and work an unstable, 100% commission job then Raseri is the place for you. I work my tail feathers off for my employer, and don't doubt that you reap what you sow when it comes to sales, but I'm in need of consistency when it comes to compensation. Or at least a base pay-especially in D2D conditions, which is what Raseri actually expects you to do.

Cons

During the interview process, Raseri gave the impression that you would meet with clients face to face, but during business meetings. At the lunch interview it was revealed that it was, in fact, a door-to-door sales position, with no base pay until you were making $1000 dollars a week for at least six months.

With my background in sales and retail, I have no problem working hard, connecting with the customer, or SELLING anything. I just was not willing to risk the prospect of my bills not being attended to, simply because I didn't have success in selling U-Verse door to door.

Everyone at Raseri Incorporated seemed motivated, professional, and smart. The first impression that I had of the business was deceiving in the sense that, the office is not where you will be working until you can achieve your weekly sales goals. Which again, is fine- just not the line of work that I personally am interested in. They also claimed that every single Manager, Assistant Manager, and leadership role had started at the entry level position, which is where I imagine that their 'opportunity to quickly advance within the company' pitch comes from.

Like I stated earlier, I don't think that Raseri is a scam, I just think they slowing have to attract individual's by giving them a false impression of what they might be doing. But it was very clear during my second interview that only commission was part of they pay, and that you would be going door to door.

If you have nothing left to lose, then try it.. I personally, will be taking my college degree, excellent customer service, and diligence somewhere else.

Door-to-Door Sales SCAM

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

The interview process consisted of three steps, the last of which was a lunch meeting. I was so thrilled when I was offered a position. Then, everything fell short of their descriptions and also my expectations. *PS - Check the post dates of their "positive" reviews on here. They have four on March 17 alone. What are the odds? I'd say they're falsifying their own company reviews!*

Cons

I was told to expect a call the Sunday prior to my start date around 8pm to make sure all is in order for Monday. At 830, I still hadn't received a call, so I called. The lady who hired me explained I needed to bring a change of clothes (khakis, polo, and sneakers), which I don't own because I have business professional attire, not Target cashier apparel. And you think they'd tell you about a different uniform more in advance than the night prior to your start date. (But of course they won't because they never once called it as it is - D2D sales - so you're expecting an office environment with professional attire. But that's only for about 1-2 hours of the day...)

The first day, I'm thrown into a meeting room where everyone stands in a circle and is taking notes from a dry erase board. So, I just started taking notes also, not knowing what any of this stuff is about. There is no "orientation" unless you count filling out federal forms. After that meeting, they pulled us four new hires aside to complete the new hire forms. All four of us actually interviewed the same day, which makes me sure they hire everyone due to ridiculous turnover rates - their fault for not being honest to potential employees! They have us go into one more meeting, and scramble to make notes of what we missed. Then, it's time to get changed. Changed for what exactly? Door-to-door sales!

This is not what was described to me: client acquisition and sales where "the cold-calling is already done for us". They never once said D2D sales in the description, but now I see why their website says they "create a relationship with the customer and present information the old-fashioned way: with a firm handshake." Pathetic! I was also told it would be paid training of $200-400 weekly with the next level at $500-1,000 weekly with bonuses. Both of those levels are 100% commission-based D2D sales. There is no base pay, so when they say "paid training", they're lying.

The icing on the cake was being told to go into a room to change, where all the girls are already changing, out in the open. Not a locker room, not a restroom, a completely unfurnished, empty office area. So, I quickly change and go back to the office, only now the meeting room has turned into the men's changing area! I had never been so appalled as to see half naked men - coworkers - on my first day at a job. They acted like it's no big deal, when really, IT IS! I should have known right then to get out of there!

As for the actual D2D part, my trainer's territory was in Fremont, half an hour away, with no mileage reimbursement. You're expected to have a list of 45-50 houses to hit up to 6 times or until you get a response. Work 11-830 M-F and Sat 9-4, that's over 54 hours weekly, with no base pay, no overtime, all commission, and no mileage reimbursement for using your own vehicle.

Stay away from this company!!!

Having a degree in Communications, I learned early on how important it is to be ethical in your sales techniques. Well, you sold me on your company, and unethically at that. If you don't trust an honest job description could get people to work for you, then maybe you should find a different method of sales, not skip on ethical recruiting. Shame on you and your SCAM of a company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dishonest, lies, long hours, little pay

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

All of the employees are always excited and ready to work for the day. They are also willing to help when needed, and super friendly.
    Everyone wants to get to know you more so you can feel comfortable in that particular working environment.
    They are only doing this to keep on in this ridiculous and a complete scam of a company. So for better words.... they are all fake.

Cons

1.During the interview process, I was told that the job dealt with managing accounts with clients who are already interested in switching to Uverse (cable, phone, Internet).
    2. I was told that there would be paid training (2-400) dollars, depending on how much effort you put into it.
    3. I was told that it was an office job and that very few people even get a chance to be hired to work for their company.
    4. I was told that on average you would make around 6-800 dollars weekly.
    WRONG!!!
    I received a phone call on a Thursday evening, giving me the news that I got the job! I was so excited including my mom was just so proud of me because finally I can help pay for school and lift a huge burden off of my mother. During that phone call they young man on the phone also told me to bring an extra change of clothes. ( I'm like what? ? It's an office job) well not really the reason for the change of clothes is because you will be going DOOR TO DOOR selling AT&T to about 35-40 houses a day. That's 8 hours of walking and cold selling.

Well they got me good! I stuck it out because the current employees talked so badly about the people who quit, calling them lazy and every other name in the book.

So three weeks went by and I finally get to see my paycheck... less than 200 dollars, working over 70 hours a week, NO PAID TRAINING! DOOR TO DOOR SALES! Lies, lies, lies!!!!

I ended up packing my bag, and traveling home back to my mother's house and cried foe hours, because I was scammed and I couldn't afford school, or anything. The broken promises took a huge turn for my family.

I am writing this to warn others!!! Please stay away from this company!

Yout application process, interview process, and job descriptions are all lies. If it's DOOR TO DOOR tell them that, if they are going to make less than 200 bucks, then tell them that! If they are going to have to provide your own gas, car, etc... tell them that! I could seriously go on about how yout company is a complete lie! But I'll save that for another day.

Most fun place I have ever worked !

Former Employee - Leader  in  Maumee, OH
    Former Employee - Leader in Maumee, OH

Pros

I worked at Raseri as an intern while I was still in College, and I had so much fun working there. The office is high energy, and the employees are welcoming and motivating. I think one of the strongest things Raseri has going for them is how much they embrace team work. When one person suceeds, everyone succeeds and everyone celebrates. You are motivated to do your best but at the same time you want your coworkers to achieve just as much as you do, that is really rare in the business world and it makes for a very high office morale and a very fun work environment. When you do well you mentor other workers and when other workers do well they are more than happy to mentor you, it was refreshing to see professionals looking out for coworkers instead of trying to step on them. Not to mention the employees and the CEO, Rick, are really awesome, fun people. Office nights are a blast and your coworkers become your friends. The reason Raseri has been so successful is because they think outside of the box. They promote from within and they promote fast. They view you as an investment in their business not as a dispensable employee, they invest their time in training you and they want you to succeed. I use skills I learned from Raseri in my current employment and I probably will for the rest of my life. They taught me about hard work, motivation, team work, interpersonal skills, and more than I can imagine about sales and business. I have also gained great friends, respected references, and contact with a constantly growing network of professionals.

Cons

It is hard work but you reap the benefits of your hard work through commision, You have to be dedicated to being successful but if you want to get anywhere in life you have to want to be successful as much as you want to breathe.

Great Coworkers

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

I never had any similar experience before this job, there’s no gossip or any cutthroat competition between coworkers at Raseri. Everyone is friendly here and has open door policy to colleagues. People who have been here longer always like to set up helping group to help new employees. Everyone likes to see each other growth and promote to next level. The whole company like a big family, no one will punish you on the mistakes you make. The main goal of the company is to help every single employee hits his or her goals.

Cons

Everyday you going to learn a lot new knowledge, need great student mentality to keep you on the train.

Amazing advancement opportunities!!

Current Employee - Head Account Executive  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Head Account Executive in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

This is a very positive work environment where people are supportive and fun to work with. Several skill sets are learned in a short period of time, such as sales, training, interviewing, and team building. It is a very valuable experience!

Cons

This career requires a very strong work ethic, so this is not a position for people who do the bare minimum!

Keep the website updated with more photos of office events and promotions.

I love my job

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

My favorite part about this job is the fun atmosphere and opportunity for growth. Raseri is such a fun family environment. I love going to work everyday because I know how much fun I will have. Everyone works as a team and we all love helping each other reach our goals. I know with the help of Rick and my co workers I will be able to achieve all of my goals.

Cons

Have a great work ethic and you will succeed :)

Keep up the great work! It's awesome to see someone with a great work ethic and attitude!

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

Work hard play hard environment. I enjoy the balance I have with work and home life. I see this company growing exponentially in the soon future!

Cons

It is an accelerated program so I always have to be on my game. Every day is another step towards management.

Have more patience for slower learners.

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Toledo, OH

Pros

I've have immensely enjoyed my time with Raseri. I've learned how to work hard and set goals for myself. I was pursuing a career in pharmaceutical sales to help pay for grad school when the opportunity to work for Raseri presented itself. Now I've seen the potential that this career path has to offer. I love traveling across the country and meeting new people and networking. The leadership training has helped me out not only at work but in my personal life as well. I can't wait to see where the next year takes us all.

Cons

I've never worked harder in my life but the rewards are so worth it.

Don't be afraid to be harder on some people.

Worked for Raseri? Contribute to the Community!