Rasmussen College Reviews

90 reviews filtered by
3.3
Rasmussen College President Kristi Waite
Kristi Waite

Pros
  • Work-life balance is valued as many positions are required to work 40 hour work weeks (in 7 reviews)

• Good Benefits, Masters Degree Tuition Reimbursement, 40 hours/week job for Admissions (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible management, high demands, no training, unprofessional (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management has not caught up with the "times" as far as motivating their employees without the bonuses (in 3 reviews)

1. Online Tutor in Health Sciences

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasco, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasco, FL

I have been working at Rasmussen College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This position allows me to further enhance my mentoring skills, which provides me with skills needed in the health administrative environment, while allowing me to assist others in developing needed critical thinking skills. This position also provides me with the training needed to obtain my certification as a NCLCA Certified Learning Center Professional.

Cons

This is currently a part time position through a work-study program. While mentoring is a passion for me, it is not a position that will allow me to provide for my family at this time.

Advice to Management

Tutoring/mentorship programs at Rasmussen College are a great tool for individuals seeking to develop a career in education. These programs should be readily available for those tutors who wish to continue being a part of the Tutor Excellence Team after graduating their programs in education to further provide much needed hands on experience and work history.

2. Adjunct Instructor

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Ocala, FL

I worked at Rasmussen College

Pros

Flexibility in teaching classes which fit your schedule

Cons

Criteria for position is different online vs. in class

3. Great support and improving pay

Current Employee - Online Instructor in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Online Instructor in Remote, OR

I have been working at Rasmussen College

Pros

company training, company support, consistent scheduling, new pay increase system for adjuncts

Cons

low pay, compensation for class size and length

5. I love being part of helping others being lifelong learners

Current Employee - Tutor in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Tutor in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Rasmussen College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at the school because it allows me the chance to network and meet others working towards the same degree and career goals.

Cons

Not getting a break between tutor appointments.

Wouldn't reccommed it

I worked at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working and caring coworkers

Cons

Poor upper management and decision making not in line with their stated mission

7. Great environment and staff, very low pay

Former Contractor - Instructor in Rockford, IL
    Former Contractor - Instructor in Rockford, IL

I worked at Rasmussen College as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great, caring, outgoing, cordial staffers and free coffee for all workers. Decent facility and classrooms.

Cons

Very low pay for the work, especially when related to the tuition charged to the students.

8. Fast paced, constantly changing atmosphere with great benefits and flexible work hours.

I have been working at Rasmussen College

Pros

Unlimited sick time, flexible hours, good starting pay.

Cons

Low raises, stressful at times.

9. Amazing experience

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, you if you go over 4o hrs u are paid time and a half. Pay increase every year

Cons

Stressful at times. Upper mgmt claims to be transparent but they can surprise you. Admissions don't get laid off as much as other departments

Advice to Management

Value your employees that work hard for you. There is too much vertical upper management that frankly just has a bunch of meetings and talks big. Stop coming up with new ideas and fix the problems and holes. It's not a good look when you cut your librarians and support

Private 'steal your money' College

I worked at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited sick days and 3 weeks vacation right out the gate

Cons

Vertical alignment which means departments do not "talk" to each other on absolutely anything. CD is just a cheerleader for the college to try and bring fake hopes to the staff. Public Benefit Corporation, but then only allow you to serve on items of their choosing to benefit Admissions. Used to be a great place to work and sadly they only care about the money they're sucking out of unprepared students and the declining enrollment rates.

Advice to Management

Take value in your employees that truly care and put complete 100% of their effort into their work/students.

Declining morale, limited opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Admissions in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is above average in admissions. Work-life balance is valued as many positions are required to work 40 hour work weeks. Rasmussen College is making an effort to make private-for-profit college more affordable. It is satisfying to help change lives through education. The college does not cut corners on accreditation and I have no doubt that a degree from Rasmussen will benefit the prospective students I talk to.

Cons

Company lacks a competitive identity and vision for growth. "Vertical" organizational structure is poorly executed. Poor messaging and lack of communication causes unnecessary conflict between departments.
    This is not a happy place to work anymore. Company-wide layoffs are becoming the norm, year after year. Morale/productivity is declining as many employees are worried about losing their jobs as student resources are consolidated and centralized. As departments shrink, opportunities for professional growth and advancement are disappearing. Managers are unwilling to listen to proactive ideas to appease regional vertical "leadership".

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with messaging to employees. Show compassion when tough decisions such as layoffs are made. Work with other vertical leaders to appear to be on the same page when delivering important messages about change. Deliver realistic and attainable goals. Give employees a reason to believe that Rasmussen is the best place to work.