Ratner Companies

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dennis Ratner

Okay for a job not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy experience is working at the home office not as a Stylist in the field. My boss was the was the reason why I worked there for the years that I did. That person was professional, encouraging, talented and smart. I learned a lot from my boss not necessarily from the company. The culture is very cliquish and VP's were very political. It didn't matter if you really worked hard and did your job and got results and worked to grow in your position, as if you weren't "popular" and the "favorite" all your efforts fall by the way side. It was a strange work environment and I'm not sure why HR was there, as profanity was used a lot in meetings and casual conversation and favoritism by VP's. It's an okay place if you are starting out in the workforce but not long term. It is a good place if you don't want to grow in your career and are okay with just showing up to work and collecting a paycheck. Which is fine if that's what you want- a lot of employees have been there for many years but in the same position (I'm talking 10+ yrs doing the same thing every day). The company does not pay a competitive salary. There is a fun factor like Monday bagels, company potlucks, nice PTO .

ConsGrowth, not competitive in salary, un-professional and strange
    environment, favoritism, cliques, a lot of turn-over- especially with VP's and Directors -

Bad company to work for

ProsThe free education and the training.

ConsIf you're not a part of the click you are not accepted or liked. It's sad to know that adults behave this way in the business world but it's true. I was consistently bullied and attacked by women that behaved like young girls. The higher up's are also a part of this issue and thats why this behavior will never change or stop at all. If you are looking to work here I strongly advise you do your research. I have never experienced such behavior in the work place. It's sad to know that the owners are really great and loving people I hope that someone brings this issue to there attention and they can look into this issue and investigate with HR. No one should experience the consistent behavior/bullying that I went through. This behavior needs to stop.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the Management team and bring people that are serious about work.

Decent company

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsFamily and fun culture. Management team are very considerate and caring. CEO and president walk around the headquarter to greeting people and listen to people constantly. A lot of company fun events. Free hair cut coupon and hair product coupon every month. Flexible hours and low pressure at work. Up to 24 days unpaid leave after 5 years of employment.

ConsSalary is low. Management team is against the idea of working from home.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Stylist (Former Employee)

ProsOwner in business, good walk-in rate

ConsManagement is often young and shows favoritism

Difficult environment to work under but has its rewards as well.

Assistant Leader (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsBeing able to grow within the Company and helping your team succeed.

ConsSometime more focused on quantity rather then quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever be intimated

No Team

District Manager (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsRegional never checked to see if we were working

ConsRegional very selfish only on you side when makes her look good!

Mixed.

Vice President (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsGreat employees. Great company reputation overall.

ConsVery focused on bottom line
    Long term staff are great, management ok

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to what your employees want more.

its good pace of walkins.

Stylists (Current Employee) California, MD

Proswalk ins are good pace most of the time youre doing something

Consgossip party!!!!!! managment is the headliner of it. cant trust managment. you dont get credit for anything not anything.

Advice to Senior Managementjust quit. or grow up.

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily owned company that truly treats employees like their family. Stylist are well paid compaired to other industry companies. Excellent

ConsI really hated to have been apart of the acquisition sale in 2008. Business decisions sometimes do feel personal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to have some type of Ratner brand back in the Carolina area, not just for job opportunity but for the quality the branding has.

Hmmm?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a good place to start

ConsExpectations of corporate offices are really difficult and unrealistic in this economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management needs to be more directly involved with on-site operations.

Worked for Ratner Companies? Contribute to the Community!