Rausch Coleman Homes

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014

2.8

John Robert Rausch

The Best Experience I have ever had with an organization.

Current Employee - Senior Level Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Level Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Take great care of the People. Faith based and proud of its heritage. Sr level managers do a great job of on boarding. The opportunity to grow is uncapped. They know who they are and how to serve the Customer. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Cons

None. The are focused on the People and the Customer. The Benefits are the best in the industry. Very open to new ideas and way of thinking.

Keep doing a great job. Continue to stay on course.

Rausch coleman

Pros

Can not think of any pros for this company.

Cons

Management needs trying in every area. Negative environment for employees to work in, with long hours and very little support.

OK.

Pros

consistent, timely, Christian based, health care

Cons

Very political, sexist environment, "wham bam thank you ma'am" type of builder.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of Turnover in OKC

Former Employee - Sales Professional  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Base salary, Compensation, Jason Forrest Training. Great people in the communities, Had great co workers. Homes were built pretty good for the money. Buddy Coleman, John Rausch, And John's dad are just great people to know.

Cons

Poor training I Received alot of what not to do training then would get reprimanded for what I was trained even though I asked numerous times if what I was doing was rausch colemans standards. Communication at all levels, everyone knows there job decently well but doesn't get passed down to any person they work with to help the whole process.

Slow down your hiring process. I had 6 field managers, 4 sales managers, 5 office associates and 5 sales associates come and all but a few go in the time I was there for just over a years time. It was a revolving door. Talk and LISTEN to your employees about issues. You expect the same. Stop assuming we know all you know from the years you have been there.

Faith based company

Pros

Good company values and training program for this production home builder.

Cons

Not much room to grow within the company; branches are small. Can be monotonous.

HORRIBLE!

Pros

Extremely challenging!!! And, decent benefits. You will never be bored and the days do tend to fly by. But...

Cons

There's very little work/life balance. You get a laptop and a company cell phone. Which I quickly realized why they provide you those to you. On numerous occasions I worked until 11:00 to 1:00 at night/morning, from home, then was up at back at work by 8:00. Then, my 5-day work week soon became a 6-day work week, because I inherited a responsibility of the Division President. There is essentially never any "down time" for you to catch your breath or get caught up. Seriously, unless you work 12-14 hours a day consistently, you WILL get behind. And, for what they pay, it isn't worth it.

They all seemed nice. But, it seems to me that the focus has shifted from what it was when the current CEO's grandfather started the company. When the grandfather started the company, the focus was on building affordable homes that nearly any family could afford. Great for first-time home buyers. But, when the grandson (the current CEO) started running the company, the focus became more about the almighty dollar, and how many homes a year can they build and sell. And, when you're a part of the organization, you become a dog constantly chasing its tell.

Not a company you want to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Pros

No pros for this company.

Cons

This company has very poor management and is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked, with the promise of promotions, raises, and bonuses that never come.

Upper management needs to take a look at what is really going on with the lower supervisors.

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Community Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

The respect this company has for the employees is bar none the highest I've seen in any position I've ever held. They walk the walk of ethics and integrity - and truly care about doing things the right way. They support their employees in every way, as long as you're willing to do the job the right way. Hey folks ... do the work, work the plan, and you'll be successful. The upper management is there to support you along the way and do a great job doing so. I've been very pleased with how I've been treated and encouraged.

Cons

Until you start closing on homes, it's a lower salary you have to work off of. BUT, a salary is better than no salary at all. So this isn't really considered a con in my opinion.

Directors of Sales and Marketing are not Respected

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Offers a good product, there are a few managers who know what to do, pay is okay

Cons

Do not respect experience, fire people too quickly, don't respect their employees

The people who know what you should do are ignored and the rest are too busy trying to keep a job to be effective at the job. Your Corporate leaders have little real life experience. Your company has so much potential if you would get out of the way.

community manager

Current Employee - Community Manager  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Little Rock, AR

Pros

One of the only builders that offers a base not draw

Cons

Nothing is organized and they talk out of both sides of their mouth

Get your stuff together

Worked for Rausch Coleman Homes? Contribute to the Community!