Rauxa Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
Jill Gwaltney

Pros
  • Relaxed and flexible work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, very entrepreneurial, great variety of work across many technologies (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Any semblance of work/life balance is non-existent (in 6 reviews)

• You either do things in a very specific way dictated by upper management or you will be chastised (in 9 reviews)

Great experience! Great people!

Former Employee - Account Services Intern in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Account Services Intern in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Rauxa

Pros

Incredible experience working at a full-service ad agency. Worked closely with an account manager who really immersed me in the company. Had the opportunity to go visit clients, be a part of recordings, and sit in on many meetings. Additionally the company invested in my education and learning, making sure I got to visit with all parts of the agency. Rauxa really made me feel like part of the family for the 3 months I was interning there. Cannot speak to full-time jobs, but great summer experience and intern program.

Cons

Can't think of any particular cons

2. The reviews on glassdoor remain spot on. One star is too high.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people doing the work. They make payroll without fail. Good work life balance for some. Location is nice when you need to get out of the office which is a regular occurrence you have a great selection of local restaurants.

Cons

The reviews on glassdoor remain spot on. The executive management with specifics being c-level and VPs have no agency experience other than having worked at Rauxa. They neither know how to lead, nor support their staff. They continue to promote by popularity and fear rather than merit. They need to stick to what they know--direct mail and stop trying to fool themselves that they can do anything else

Advice to Management

Fire your selves and save the company.

3. Burn out by design

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rauxa gave me a job when I need one in a difficult economy. I was happy with my salary. The strategy folks and several individual account managers were really great, but mostly, this was a tough tough place to work. But a lot can happen in 4 years. Maybe they're better now??? My perception was that the NY office was better than the Costa Mesa one.

Cons

Extraordinarily tight (and, often, artificially created) deadlines. If you only have 2 days on a job, there's no way to bill a bunch of hours - keeping costs down. Creatives seemed expendable. Seems like the business model was to burn through a new crop of people - then either they quit or get laid off. The company was changing over from more print to more digital when I was there. There were palpable growing pains and a lack of overall direction, but I know that happens whenever a major shift occurs. I was gone before they worked it out...but they might've been better off.

Wouldn't Recommend

I have been working at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Some amazing people/talent, benefits, some departments pay well

Cons

Political, zero transparency, no value in people, some departments underpaid

Advice to Management

Read cons

Great people, good work/life, occasional stimulating project.

Current Employee - One of the Many Getting IT Done in New York, NY
    Current Employee - One of the Many Getting IT Done in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart fun people that truly enjoy each other as people. The office culture really seems to protect the work/life balance. The client list is varied and the types of projects that come through keep us interested and consistently push us to grow our own personal career paths.

Cons

Like any office, you got a few dumb apples. Feel bad for our partners on the west coast that seem to be working in a completely different environment; that really skews the overall morale of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Slow down. Hirer smarter than you. Respect, trust and truly value those that are building this company for you. Saying "no" to clients sometimes can be sign of strength and smarts.

Completely Inept

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rauxa

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Good client list.

Cons

A direct agency that bought a digital agency and then completely dissolved it. Pretends to be a large agency that does everything, but doesn't really know much about anything. Places unrealistic demands on the employees it treats like cattle.

Advice to Management

Get back in your lane. Direct is what you know, and you should stick to it. Also, respect and treat your employees better - they make you what you are.

Sr. Vice President

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Keep pretending and telling clients that you're the best in the business. Tell it often enough that you actually believe it.

Cons

Zero transparency or vision. Treat employees like robots and less than human. Unreasonable hours because Rauxa decides to lay off a large part of your team for quarterly revenue reasons. Completely agnostic to how a technology firm needs to be run.

Advice to Management

Acquiring a tech firm like ThoughtMatrix does not make Rauxa a tech firm. Its the intellectual capital that people bring that matters, not the assets the firm had. Not the client contacts. By loosing the entirety of the tech firm you have very recently acquired, you now have very little credibility in the industry.

Sad puzzle

I have been working at Rauxa

Pros

Beer on Fridays. A handful of nice people.

Cons

You've heard of The Three Stooges. All you have to do is imagine 10 of them running the show. They don't know who they are, they don't know what they have to offer, nobody knows what the other one is doing and they can't get, much less hold onto, new business. You have nowhere to go but down from here. Do a little research on this place.

Was good once, not anymore

Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect

I worked at Rauxa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to have great co-workers and management. ThoughtMatrix was a group of smart and talented people. We delivered great products

Cons

Customers are always demanding and that is not their fault, as technologists our job is to convince them what is realistic and promise to only deliver that. Most account directors and some project managers do not understand digital. period !! They make uninformed decisions and the developers are stuck delivering it. Rauxa culture is to bend over backwards and please the customer no matter what, with out any push back. Smart people have plenty of options and will not put up with that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and reviews. Change your culture. Hire executives that understand the business.

Management is unpredictable

Former Employee - Senior Creative Strategy Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Creative Strategy Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Rauxa

Pros

Casual work attire allows is a nice perk. Coworkers are real nice and easy to learn with and get along with.

Cons

Don't see longevity in a work placer where senior management changes direction daily

RSS Feed </> Embed