Rave Motion Pictures Reviews

Reset
2.7
Rave Motion Pictures President & CEO Rolando B. Rodriguez
Rolando B. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Obviously, free movies is the biggest pro (in 32 reviews)

• Next would be the free popcorn and soft drinks (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers have no respect for employees, tend to play favorites (in 3 reviews)

• Cleaning up the vomit of parents who take their sick kids to see movies (in 6 reviews)

1. Great job for high school

Pros

Awesome job while in high school. Free movies and popcorn is plus too. The coworkers at my theater were amazing and became some of my best friends.

Cons

The hours normally aren't that great and pay is minimum wage. I have been working for a few years and still have yet to get a raise.

2. Poor Management Styles

Former Employee - Cashier in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Free movie tickets for friends and family

Cons

A lot of rules and regulations

Advice to Management

Be more flexible

3. Good, fun company to work for

Former Employee - Human Resources/Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Human Resources/Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Loved meeting new people and being in a management roll

Cons

it's a man's, man's world unfortunately and they let you know it too

Advice to Management

be more opened minded and help your current employees grow. Don't push them out of the door

5. over worked under paid

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rave Motion Pictures part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free movies , great job for teens

Cons

lack of respect for employees, many rude customers, long hours when they are pressed, many canceled shifts,

Advice to Management

this is a business treat your employees as so, I felt uncomfortable lots of gossip about employees by management. The GM called me a push over because I let a child in to use the restroom, felt very insulted.

6. Horrible pay, over worked

I have been working at Rave Motion Pictures part-time

Pros

nice co workers free movies good hours

Cons

pay management no respect no raises no growth very stict

Advice to Management

respect your employees

7. Good part time job for students

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Rave Motion Pictures part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are able to watch movies for free and also before they are released to the public. The work itself is very simple. The job itself is very flexible, making it more attractive to those still in school.

Cons

The pay is not too great. Dealing with customers can sometimes be a hassle. Often times there is not enough staff on hand to clean theaters quickly while dealing with customers at the same time.

8. A good first job

Pros

Good perks, lots of hours

Cons

Incredibly busy, very hectic, pay isn't great, some of the customers are frankly rude

9. I would work there for the rest of my life if it wasn't minimum wage!

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Columbus, OH

I worked at Rave Motion Pictures part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Virtually weekends and holidays only for teenage employees, making it great for students -Super tight-knit staff -Everything done as a team -Never bored with your job because you could end up doing any of the 4 positions -Opportunities both to get more hours or be sent home as the weekend goes on -Got a .10 raise after a year which is AWESOME when you're 16 years old -UNLIMITED FREE MOVIES!!! (except on Saturday nights basically)

Cons

-Too many managers on staff at one time made their decision making sketchy -The smell of popcorn will make me want to vomit for the rest of my life -Cleaning up the vomit of parents who take their sick kids to see movies

10. Not so bad

I worked at Rave Motion Pictures part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love film (and great discounts), then you may have a great time working here. A while back, a lot of celebrities attended this theater. Co-workers were nice and professional.

Cons

Insane hours (but expected), work is slowly during morning hours.

Advice to Management

Not the most flexible with scheduling work times.

Free movies do not compensate for no benefits and low pay

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Plainfield, IN

I worked at Rave Motion Pictures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros - there are very few. Obviously, free movies is the biggest pro. Free popcorn is provided as long as you provide your own container. Free sodas are also available, as long as you provide your own container. State of the art theater....I was very proud to work there....too bad other managers could have cared less. Most of the Rave theaters were bought out by AMC, Carmike, or other movie chains. Hopefully these companies will take the necessary steps to make these theaters a fun place to work.

Cons

Where to start - assistant managers are not eligible for any health/medical benefits. No bonuses either. Those are saved for the General Managers and salaried managers...who do absolutely nothing but delegate to assistant managers and supervisors. Work/life balance is very difficult when you are required to work 6pm-6am some nights. You are required to screen movies and make notes of any errors and fix any errors, off the clock of course. Very difficult to work those hours and go to college. Managers/General Managers definitely have favorites and not everyone is treated equally. I won't even get into the lack of ethics/morals that go on in this theater.

Advice to Management

Theaters are often first jobs for many people and they should be a fun place to work. You need to take a long hard look at the management staff (including upper management/corporate) and make necessary changes. Also, perhaps adding new policy and procedures would be helpful. Especially rules about employee dating. Allowing managers (25-30 years old and older) to date 16 year old employees is ridiculous.

RSS Feed </> Embed