Rawlings Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

George Rawlings

Audit

ProsCompany offers decent compensation & great work experience in the healthcare industry.

ConsExtremely micromanaged. Constant fear of losing job.

Subrogation

Subrogation Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsBonus structure was good. Great pay after 1 year

ConsWork load was too large

Good employees but the company needs improvement.

Lagrange, KY

ProsI love my work family, and I am thankful that I have a job. I am thankful for good bonuses, when they come.

ConsThe company lacks flexibility in work hours and dress code. The company is more reactive than proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace a modern culture. Treat employees with respect, and treat them as valuable assets with talent. Move away from dictatorship and into a culture that values individual performance, ideas, and results. Be more flexible with work hours and dress code.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depressing Soul Crushing Place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    La Grange, KY

ProsWorking with some great Microsoft Technologies. Decent Compensation.... but then they have to because of the very justifiable horrible reputation they have in the IT field

ConsEmployees are not valued by upper management.. IT culture is not current. No Flex time. No working remotely simply because the owner does not trust his employees. You will be told it is because of HIPPA. That is not true, I have worked for large insurance company's that allowed employees to work remotely.

Most disturbing of all is the complete lack of professional behavior from both the top and from HR. From emails pushing political agenda's and extolling employees to pray (this in reference to Obama Care). To being cursed out by HR when an employee decides to terminate their employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can give none simply because their hands are tied.

Subrogation Analyst

Subrogation Analyst (Current Employee)
    La Grange, KY

ProsCo-workers are great and the job isn't hard. You can get lucky and get a nice bonus, only reason people work there.

ConsUpper management no common sense, they treat employees who have been there for years like idiots. They make you feel like a child at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse more common sense. Let employees have more freedom in regards to doing their job, so they can bring more money in.

unpleasant workplace

Subrogation Analyst (Former Employee)
    Lagrange, KY

Prosnone other than good health insurance.

Conseveryone tells one you to the boss for things you didn't know were wrong, or a manager actually told you to do. it's like you're in highschool there. tattle tailing is the norm. They will not hesitate to fire you on a whim and not even tell you why, other than 'we don't feel it's a good fit for you'. no room for advancement, transferring between depts is NOT allowed, only within your dept is (which is extremely limiting). takes forever to make money in this sort of industry, and what they pay isn't worth the drive all the out to lagrange if you don't live there.

Advice to Senior Managementestablish clear rules so everyone understands the proper way to do things, and tell old man rawlings he's not as impressive as he thinks he is, and maybe if he paid better he might not have a revolving door of employees (except for the few weirdos that have been there for years and fear the old man)

A very dismal work environment, where every aspect of the company is controlled from the top.

IT Department (Current Employee)
    La Grange, KY

ProsTechnology stays up to date for the most part, developers get to work with all of the up to date stuff.
    Lower level management does a good job at filtering out some of the negativity from above, which is nice. they are however, choked out by Mr. Rawlings, who has removed any chance of allowing management to create a better work environment.
    Restaurant and coffee shop inside is awesome, discounts for using company cups.
    Option of wearing logo'd Polos instead of ties every day.
    The scenery outside is pleasant and relaxing.

ConsYou know there is an issue when the opening line in the interview process is: "Well, what have you heard about us? By the way, the things on our glassdoor reviews simply aren't true."

For the con section, I'll just state rules from the company handbook.

The pay here begins at somewhat competitive rates, but there is a catch. As previously stated, Mr. Rawlings runs everything about the company, meaning that any and all correspondence in relation to your employment goes through his desk. If you get a promotion, you will often be offered a lesser rate than what the position started at for an outside hire. Mr. Rawlings and HR state: "The pay increase is too big of a jump from your previous salary." If an internal employee interviews for and accepts an offer, should they not be given the same if not more money than a brand new employee with no knowledge on subrogation techniques?

No Flex Time, and you must take a mandatory lunch hour, or choose to work through it. Regardless, mandatory hours are 8AM-5PM, with zero exceptions. Working from home is also nothing you will experience during your employment. For those of us experienced in the IT community where flex time and working from home is the accepted norm, this is inexcusable.

No food/open drink at your desk.

No more than 2 small picture frames on your desk (and they MUST be black in color, by the way)

Having headphones in at your desk is frowned upon.

No cologne/perfume allowed.

Being up from your desk and speaking to another employee puts you at risk of a coaching, since 'the eyes of Mr. Rawlings are many.'

As a last note, anyone considering a position at the Rawlings Company shouldn't take my word for it. Just ask this one simple question during your interview: "What is the turnover rate for the position I am applying for." When they state: '75-100% annually is the average', that should tell you enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to upper management has been ignored since this company's start, therefore, I seriously doubt anything written here will change his mind. Honestly, he needs to give his department and team managers the ability to do their jobs, and LEAD. They have zero authority to offer incentive of any kind, other than submitting a request directly to him.

Never in my career have I literally sat at my desk, and loathed the minutes as they tick by. This is the accepted climate at the Rawlings Group, which demonstrates a severe inability to adapt in today's corporate environment.

good

Prospay opportunity is the best I have ever been involved with recently. The opportunity to control what you bring in each month.

Conslocation is too far away

So glad I took the job!

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    La Grange, KY

ProsKeeping it short and sweet. I took this job for a great increase and for the value this company places on technology and its people. Coming from a huge IT shop at a huge company where I was treated like a number and worked with dinosaur tech, this job has been amazing for me. They treat me like a person and invest in keeping technology current.

Oh, and if you think 20 reviews in 5 years is sufficient data to judge this company, that's too bad for you. I feel bad for anyone who relies on such poor and innaccurate data to make a career choice. Come work here for a refreshing and rewarding change in career.

ConsTakes me way too long to get to work. Wait a minute... I knew that before I took the job. What can they do? Move the office? I guess I better move as soon as I can!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating employees like people and employees will continue coming to work happy.

Not a bad place to work

Health Care Auditer (Former Employee)
    Lagrange, KY

ProsCo-workers do everything can to help you

ConsConstant rotating management and leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more to the workers on the floor and see what works best

Worked for Rawlings Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rawlings Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rawlings Group CEO George Rawlings. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Rawlings Group employees.