Rayhawk

Rayhawk Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Raihan Haque M.D.

Rayhawk, a highly professional and generous company

Lead Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsRayhawk is a highly professional and generous company to work for, which shares the same values as its founder, Dr. Raihan Haque. I was one of the first graphic design contractors to work for Rayhawk starting in 2001. Since then, we have worked on numerous projects together such as websites, flash animations, packaging design, and print promotional pieces.

I have had an exceptional working relationship with the company, its founder, and its employees. They encouraged and provided me with the freedom to be creative and to push the envelope in designs that created both value and distinction for our clients. Suggestions for improvements and critiques were not only welcomed but expected in all the work we do from concepts, to design, and execution. The Founder and President, Dr. Haque, has a very enthusiastic personality and is very encouraging of others. He motivates us to produce the best work we can and rewards us with bonuses when we over deliver.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Awesome Opportunity to Learn and Work in Many Different Aspects of a Tech Business!

Copywriter/Copyeditor & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsRayhawk has a fun fast paced work environment in which teamwork is highly promoted. I was nervous when i first started as a Copywriting Intern however I was immediately welcomed into the Rayhawk family. The whole team was more then happy to help me get accustom to the type of clients we serve and the product we produced for them. The CEO and all of my colleagues were always available to help, and encourage me in my work. Additionally there are many team bonding activities outside of the office which showed that management really cared for the employees and wanted to establish that trust and unity that so many businesses lack today.

I started with Rayhawk as a Copywriting Intern and was also able to learn and grow tremendously in my writing and editing abilities. After my internship I got offered a position as an Executive Assistant to the CEO a position in which I got to wear many hats, hone my organizational skills, and learn how a small business runs. This is an awesome place to start your career either fresh out of school or still in school as an intern.

ConsAt the time i was employed here there was not a lot of opportunity for a writer or assistant to move up or get full time employment. However there is always a need for more web developers and graphic designers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to keep encouraging teamwork and continue to trust in your employees. When a team is close knit and can work together like this, truly the best possible work gets done. I have yet to see a company be so united in my career since.

Rewarding work experience that made me a better physician

Content Developer (Current Employee) New Hyde Park, NY

ProsWorking as a medical content developer I was given the rare opportunity to fuse two very different, yet important, passions of mine into what has been an extremely rewarding work experience. As a doctor and English major, my position here allows me to make use of my love of medicine as well as my skill in written communication. While my focus will always remain hands-on patient care, I treasure the time I spend working with Rayhawk because it keeps me immersed in relevant healthcare issues. I only have positive feelings about this firm. My time here continues to refine my talents and has ultimately made me a better physician.

ConsThe only thing that I can think of is the stress that sometimes comes with deadlines. However, I found this to be motivating more than stressful. And the collaborative spirit of the creative team is always a buffer against the pressures of this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe freedom and encouragement to explore new ideas while finding your voice, I feel, is the backbone of this company’s content development strategy. I would implore you to continue providing this sort of environment for your all of your content team members. It can only lead to continued success in the future.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the most valuable learning experiences of my life.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI was given unprecedented freedom to work whatever hours I deemed necessary to complete my duties. I was allowed to handle many tasks remotely, even when I moved to Oregon (Rayhawk’s West Coast offices are located in Southern California). The entire team operates more like a close knit family. Each member of the team is incredibly unique and talented. This collection of web developers and graphic designers created some of the most stunning work I have ever seen. The ingenuity of the CEO and his tech team never failed to impress me.

ConsThis is a tech heavy environment. If you are not a techie you will feel out of place initially. Although there is an underlying philosophy of helping and teaching, the rapid pace often creates a sink or swim environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing I would say is things are definitely on the right track.

I got lucky!

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI began with Rayhawk as a graphic design intern in August 2012. Now I am a contractor with the firm and I love this work environment – it is friendly, competitive, and exciting. Rayhawk utilizes the latest technology and maintains some of the highest quality standards in the industry. It is a true creative agency, building dynamic campaigns for all our clients. Even as an intern I was able to work with some confidential and important clients. The average client with Rayhawk seems to have been with the firm for many years and they always seem excited to hear from us.

In addition, I have the pleasure of working with a tight knit group of talented individuals, who always put their important tasks aside to assist me in anything I need. The owner is a caring and endearing man, who always makes things exciting at the office. It is truly a task to find employers with as much compassion and selflessness when it comes to how they treat their employees. I lucked out big time.

ConsRayhawk is a relatively small company and their model is to work with experts on a contract basis. So while I might keep doing periodic projects for the firm, the opportunity for full-time employment is limited, also their asset management protocols are very strict and there is NO room for error.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management – My suggestions to Rayhawk would be to give the appropriate amount of attention to larger clients while maintaining a smaller but fulfilling amount of attention to the other clients. Also, be a little flexible with your “Asset Management Protocols”.

My Incredible Experience at Rayhawk

Web Engineer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsAs an intern at Rayhawk, my web engineering skills progressed from virtually nonexistent to a level of proficiency which now enables me to run my own web development and consultation business. After a period of three months as an intern with Rayhawk, I was given the opportunity to work with the company as an independent contractor. During this time I continued to learn from other personnel who were experts in their area of specialization. These “mentors” took the time to provide me with hands on instruction and assignments which fortified my skills in the important areas of web engineering, such as PHP, HTML, SQL, CSS, and JavaScript. The company’s executive team encouraged teaching even if it meant taking time away from commercial endeavors.

As an independent contractor, I was given the freedom to be creative in the way I engineered my assigned project. What this means is that senior management placed the confidence in me to decide for myself what technologies and organizational patterns were appropriate for a project that was significant in terms of the company’s future financial gains. This workflow was especially beneficial to me, as it not only provided me with the opportunity to develop more specialized technical skills in a self-supervised setting, but it gave me experience with the business side of project management, as I was responsible for convincing my superiors that my decisions were beneficial to the company.

The company’s owner, Dr. Raihan Haque, has always strived toward creating a sense of belonging to a family, which he accomplished in many ways. Many times in the morning, Dr. Haque would surprise the team with breakfast, which can be a big plus for a hungry intern. At lunchtime, the entire office would usually go out and eat together, and if we had achieved a milestone ahead of schedule Dr. Haque would spring for the bill. After project launches or signing new clients, we would celebrate with having gaming night socials in the office, whereby we would all bring food and drinks and hang out, either playing games or watching movies.

Aside from the perks of group activities at Rayhawk, Dr. Haque was a mentor to me both in business and personal matters. If you had some kind of difficulty in your life, Dr. Haque was always the first in line to volunteer some advice or comforting words to help you get through it. It became clear within a short time that Rayhawk was more than just a business to him; it was a place where people could come together and work towards the common goal of building Rayhawk into something better. He saw us as more than interns or contractors – he treated us like we were part of his family. One thing that I’ll never forget was when it was close to Christmas – money was tight for everyone, and I had been talking to Dr. Haque about how I was concerned that I was not going to be able to buy the right present for my son. He went into his office and brought back a box containing a Nintendo DS, which his wife had given him as a gift. He handed me the box and said “now you have something to give your son for Christmas.”

I’ve since moved on from Rayhawk, both to work on my own business and a computer science degree. But I wouldn’t have been able to do either of those things if I hadn’t spent the time at Rayhawk, nor would I have the fond memories and friends that I have today.

ConsRayhawk is a business consultancy. So as a contractor I had bid on each project even though I had a pre-existing relationship with the company. The pace of development and volume of work tends to vary drastically to meet client needs and project demands. This can lead to a volatile environment that is often stressful. Project specs can also change dramatically. Sometimes these changes can seem whimsical because the boss does not always adequately explain or defend his decision-making.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough this is not a large company, what makes it worthwhile (despite a lack of full time employment or benefits), is the sense of belonging to a family. Never lose that personal touch and never lose sight of investing in people’s professional growth. Rayhawk has helped launch many careers and because of that Rayhawk has a loyal following. Try to limit changes to projects, especially after work has started. I know that changes are sometimes necessary, but sticking to a plan is always a good idea.

The other negative reviews got it right.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHardworking, personable staff with a casual startup atmosphere

ConsUpper management has enormous difficulty articulating clear expectations around work--frequently insulting, confusing, and humiliating employees. It's clear that from the top down, nobody was satisfied with his performance and had issues with how the company was run, and that the people who DID stick around were either young interns trying to gain experience or employees who were waiting for a good opportunity to get out. The one questionable positive review on this site only serves to reinforce the fact that management is unable to take constructive criticism, though certainly willing to dish on anybody but himself.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe criticism isn't confined to a few "disloyal" employees/contractors - I'd gather most of them would have constructive feedback for this company moving forward. Any sound businessman would take a long hard look at the track record and take responsibility for their part in the negative feedback instead of trying to shove all the blame on other people. Think about it: your linkedin profile is empty of recommendations. Why is that?

Worked for Rayhawk? Contribute to the Community!