Raymark Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Claude Chriqui

Raymark has a fantastic article in RIS News!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Raymark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, great co-workers. Latest technology. Strong customer community and support.
    I have worked for Raymark for sometime now. With any company there are ups and downs. My personal experience is that I have been able to bring my past experience to Raymark and have my ideas applied.
    I work with amazing people and we work hard and I find it personally rewarding.

We are in the news again, so go see what our customers are saying about us! RIS Retail Info Systems News article, about Raymark client LJRG, published on March 19 2015.

We have brought in several major deals and our software is extremely competitive. Our teams are working hard and everyone should be proud.

It's easy to be negative when you are anonymous, but what are you doing to be proactive.

Cons

I have worked in other IT firms and it is important to stay focused on product easy to get caught up in the politics.
    Parking is a hassle.

Advice to Management

Need to hire more people.
    Stay focused.

2. Nothing changes.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Raymark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better than being unemployed... maybe. Hoping the company will be sold to someone who cares about its future and its employees.

Cons

The president is preoccupied with personal activities. He's fiddling while Rome burns. No sales. Obsolete products. Promises made to clients about new products are just vapour. Terrible chemical smells from printing company below cause terrible headaches. Poor management. No decision-making. Ownership takes R&D money from the government and pockets it. This company is doomed.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. Move to Reno, Nevada. Open a Chicken Ranch. Do something you know and are good at. Use your experience.

Company with state-of-the-art products, impressive industry knowledge and great potential. International success.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Raymark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great relationships w/co-workers, location (not downtown/close to airport), industry knowledge is impressive, team work and passion in my group is ideal, state-of-the-art technology, great customers and very dedicated people.

Cons

I've seen this in every tech company I've worked for: Teams need to work better together, although I've seen a lot of improvement in the past few months.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the plan regardless of the "noise" that at times can influence decisions. Our new products are amazing and it's already starting to show in sales. Our opportunity for growth is significant. Invest, invest, invest and invest. It's going to pay off!

Could have been a good place to work.

Former Employee - Technical Writer
    Former Employee - Technical Writer

I worked at Raymark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had flexible hours when required. The understood time is needed to get tasks done. There were always new software being developed and needed to be learned.

Cons

There was a fair amount of negativity in the air, making it challenging to want to come in to work.

Great experience, But it's not Easy to be heard.

Former Employee - Programmer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Programmer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Raymark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, cheap food
    The Pay is not bad compare to the market
    As a programmer the bad knowledge in management help you provide and try a lot of cool stuff.
    Always uses latest Technology from Microsoft
    Les micro-management

Cons

Management is not structure very well.

Advice to Management

Very bad managers; They do not know very well the employees'lacks and strength.

7. Congratulations Raymark!
    Now honor your word and "bring our family home".

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Raymark

Pros

Signed a major contract.
    Lots of custom development required.

Cons

Job duties are doubled up. Employees are required to work twice as hard with little or no appreciation from upper management.
    No one cares.

Advice to Management

Honor your word. Time to call back your staff that was "temporary laid off" until the signing of the contract was finalized. As each day passes you are losing talented and dedicated employees.
    Reread all the reviews written about Raymark. Instead of blaming your employees - do something about it. There must be some truth if everyone is saying the exact same thing.

.Net Programmer

I have been working at Raymark full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers, good environment to work,

Cons

very bad managers, there is no room to grown.

9. Satisfied

I have been working at Raymark

Pros

Nice IT company, Salary wise is very promp

Cons

Not enough interest in advancing careers, Benefits won't grow

Company is headed for bankruptcy.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Raymark

Pros

Most fellow colleagues are great.

Cons

Raymark's management has the ability to transform the most dedicated employee and the most trusting client into cynical, defeated entities. Promises to clients are constantly broken, and hardworking employees are treated like they are worthless. The more they give, the more is demanded from them, and the less they are appreciated. The company's CEO, Claude Chriqui, is a tyrant who treats both his most devoted employees and his longtime clients with complete disrespect. Marc, the company's president, is a lost cause with zero sense of direction, no commitment to his word, and a very poor work ethic. He is almost viewed as a joke throughout the company, and is a classic example of why nepotism rarely leads to success.

From poor direction to disorganized product development and beyond, there are countless reasons why this company is headed for bankruptcy. They recently laid off half the staff, a day after informing everyone that they would be cutting all of their salaries by 30% to save their jobs. Unfortunately, the wonderful people who were doing everything in their power to help Raymark move forward were once again cast aside by the few who can't even see how severely they are destroying the company.

Advice to Management

Stop embarrassing yourselves by pretending you know how to run a company. Stop blaming external sources for your mismanagement. Own up to your responsibilities, cut your losses, and close or sell the company.

A poor place to work

I worked at Raymark

Pros

They are few and far between, but flex time and some genuinely good people.

Cons

Lack of processes, outdated software practices. Lack of a cohesive architecture.
    Lack of management, outdated management ideologies. Moral cowardice and far too quick to find fault.

Advice to Management

Smarten up. Your models for software development are out dated. Stop lying to yourselves about your dubious successes. Hire management that is competent and not just bootlickers

RSS Feed </> Embed