Raymour & Flanigan Reviews

Reset
3.1
Raymour & Flanigan President and CEO Neil Goldberg
Neil Goldberg

Pros
  • good benefits, good income, good owners (in 5 reviews)

• They try to provide a good work/life balance despite being a retail job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, work all weekends and holidays (in 13 reviews)

• Retail hours; late nights, weekends and Holidays (in 5 reviews)

1. Great sales job for retail

Current Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have some really great coworkers, the pay is pretty good for a retail position. The benefits are also pretty competitive.

Cons

The hours are pretty lousy, you must work every weekend but that is to be expected in this type of position. The company has too many special events , all staff sales days during the week which lowers your chances of selling and this is company wide consensus.

Advice to Management

Support your sales associates

2. Good company, lost it's family owned freling.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have gotten to learn a lot about the industry and the things that make it all come together.

Cons

This company has lost it's way a bit and has put people in charge of it's operation that do not live the core company values.

3. Good company generally speaking

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Fast pace, feels rewarding for the most part and is pretty entrepreneurial. You can get your ideas up the chain pretty easily and they are usually listening.

Cons

Working with other departments to get things done is difficult. Way too many politics and indecision at the top.

Advice to Management

None. The company is very successful simply due to opening more stores and you can't argue with that.

5. Warehouse Associate

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Raymour & Flanigan has the opportunity for growth. The showrooms are clean and offer a nice work environment. Ability to learn the ins and outs of a leading furniture retailer.

Cons

The company is privately owned which can be a con for those who like the benefits of a corporate environement. Some of the inventory systems are outdated and offer a large margin for error. Upper management is not very approachable.

Advice to Management

Become more approachable and allow lower level employees to offer suggestions to improve processes. Upper management seems to be out of touch with the jobs that keep the company running.

6. Warehouse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central Islip, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central Islip, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Raymourflanigan is a great place to work,good atmosphere everyone gets along ,supervisors are cool ,there is alot of opportunities to move up

Cons

Sometimes people dont work well in teams then you have to pick up there slack

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone does there job and not leave it for the next person to do

7. Good job

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in New York, NY

Pros

Good Pay, Sunday, Monday and holidays off. Great tips, some people actually care.

Cons

Stressful, long days if you not part of the cool kids club, not organized, management let some people get away with things and repremend you if you do it (you need to be part of the cool kids club) deliveries are set as how they want and how much they like you. You have to cry and beg for better options, no consideration for how hard and good you do, but how fast and cool you are (even if you mess up anything on purpose. Highschool environment. Everyone knows about you and how you messed up before you even get to know, lots and lots of back stabbing. You can't say the truth or be honest and straight forward.

Advice to Management

Be more fair. Act on everything you act equally. Recognize when someone is doing the right thing and when they're not too. Don't be hypocrite. Don't take it on someone just because you didn't like their honesty, or said the truth to your face.

8. Always be proactive

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A rewarding company that is always looking to improve.

Cons

Sometimes there are favorites who get positions instead of the workers.

Advice to Management

Continue to search for good honest people instead of success hungry associates who step on others.

9. Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Valley Stream, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Valley Stream, NY

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy after a month to do your job. Learnig is key

Cons

No room for growth. Sexism. More delegating than direction is used.

Advice to Management

Train your managers, grow your managers, stop promoting the biggest brown-nosers.

Raymour & Flanigan, great company to work for

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in North Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Showroom Manager in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Raymour & Flanigan provides a remarkable supportive environment. I joined the company knowing nothing about the furniture or bedding industry. The company invests tremendously in associate develompment and 1 year into a successful Home Furnishings Consultants career I was given an opportunity to be a showroom leader in one of the flagship stores in New York North. The supportive culture comes from the company’s Mission “Treat our people well and they will treat our customers well”. Raymour & Flanigan is a perfect example of a compnay truly embodying its Mission. The supportive environment is supplemented by an extremely entrepreneurial spirit, leadership is very open to new ideas and the company offers associates great growth opportunities. I remain impressed with companies dedication to learning and providing resources for associates development. Leadership Development Institute and Tuition Reimbursement Program are simply amazing. I am proud of the career path I have chosen and do consider myself fortunate to be a part of a company that cares for its associates, customers and community it serves.

Cons

Nothing that can not be corrected at the store level

Advice to Management

Looking forward to our grown in other markets

11. Fantastic Company with Great Opportunities to Grow

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out at Raymour & Flanigan wanting to become a leader, so I set out to learn the business. I was told if I worked hard at my craft and stayed ready, an opportunity would arise. True to their word an opportunity came around, and I was ready for it. And I’m happy to say, I am in the leadership role with even more of an opportunity. Everyone from the owners, and the president of the company, all the way to my store manager. Even the director has an interest in my growth and development. And speaking of development, there is an extensive training program for whatever path you choose with this company. When Raymour & Flanigan say they are all about their employees they mean it. The company truly believes in work life balance. If you share the same core values you can be successful here. The people that work here are amazing and talented. If you work for this company you will be treated like a family member. Look no further this is the place to work.

Cons

Well, in retail you have to understand that you will not always be home for dinner every night. Late hours, but its part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep caring for the Employees and the community.

RSS Feed </> Embed