Raymour & Flanigan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Raymour & Flanigan President and CEO Neil Goldberg
Neil Goldberg

Pros
  • good benefits, good income, good owners (in 5 reviews)

• They try to provide a good work/life balance despite being a retail job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, work all weekends and holidays (in 13 reviews)

• Retail hours; late nights, weekends and Holidays (in 5 reviews)

1. Always be proactive

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A rewarding company that is always looking to improve.

Cons

Sometimes there are favorites who get positions instead of the workers.

Advice to Management

Continue to search for good honest people instead of success hungry associates who step on others.

2. Raymour & Flanigan, great company to work for

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in North Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Showroom Manager in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Raymour & Flanigan provides a remarkable supportive environment. I joined the company knowing nothing about the furniture or bedding industry. The company invests tremendously in associate develompment and 1 year into a successful Home Furnishings Consultants career I was given an opportunity to be a showroom leader in one of the flagship stores in New York North. The supportive culture comes from the company’s Mission “Treat our people well and they will treat our customers well”. Raymour & Flanigan is a perfect example of a compnay truly embodying its Mission. The supportive environment is supplemented by an extremely entrepreneurial spirit, leadership is very open to new ideas and the company offers associates great growth opportunities. I remain impressed with companies dedication to learning and providing resources for associates development. Leadership Development Institute and Tuition Reimbursement Program are simply amazing. I am proud of the career path I have chosen and do consider myself fortunate to be a part of a company that cares for its associates, customers and community it serves.

Cons

Nothing that can not be corrected at the store level

Advice to Management

Looking forward to our grown in other markets

3. Fantastic Company with Great Opportunities to Grow

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out at Raymour & Flanigan wanting to become a leader, so I set out to learn the business. I was told if I worked hard at my craft and stayed ready, an opportunity would arise. True to their word an opportunity came around, and I was ready for it. And I’m happy to say, I am in the leadership role with even more of an opportunity. Everyone from the owners, and the president of the company, all the way to my store manager. Even the director has an interest in my growth and development. And speaking of development, there is an extensive training program for whatever path you choose with this company. When Raymour & Flanigan say they are all about their employees they mean it. The company truly believes in work life balance. If you share the same core values you can be successful here. The people that work here are amazing and talented. If you work for this company you will be treated like a family member. Look no further this is the place to work.

Cons

Well, in retail you have to understand that you will not always be home for dinner every night. Late hours, but its part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep caring for the Employees and the community.

5. a

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

good place to be, love it

Cons

nothing really great place to be

6. Great place to shop AND work

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

- Pay - Work-Life Balance (you normally wouldn't think that about retail, but I have found it to be very true with this company - Advancement Opportunity - Open door policy with owners, they make themselves very visible - Your feedback and input matter, and management listens!

Cons

Took a litte while to get used to a retail schedule, but the flexibility that I am afforded helps compensate for any holidays or nights that I work. Working only 42-45 hrs per week as opposed to the 65+ I was used to helps as well.

7. Sales Manager Syracuse NY

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A family owned business that truly cares for their associates. I have made what I thought would be part time into a career filled with advancement opportunities. Flexible work life balance within reason. We carry a lowest price gaurantee which keep us very competitive in the market. Great health benefits as well as offering a 401k match, tuition reimbursement programs and vacation pay programs. We offer a 5 week advance pay plan for new hire sales associates and leaders to help build a book of business while training. The company offers Leadership Development classes to continue organic growth. Community Outreach events help connect the business to the needs of local communities. Closed on Thanksgiving!

Cons

This is a fast paced business so being flexible and open to change is important but it's exciting and intended to maximize sales volume and provide growth.

Advice to Management

Stay close to all associates as they are the heart beat of the company and the front line to the customer.

Great for highschool kids, people in college

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Nice work team Good pay for work

Cons

Retail, working weekends, great to develop customer service skills

9. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family owned business where the employees are listened to. Stable, good income potential, lots of great benefits provided to everyone no matter the position. Continuing training and education with LDI programs, longevity of employees, able to do a lot of things to add value and give your own opinion.

Cons

Time off is not the most competitive. Flexibility could be better and the realization that people will give more and be more productive if they have a bit more flexibility and ability to spend time on things outside of work.

Advice to Management

Look at the time off policies.

10. Great company to work for if you give it your best.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Great company culture. Success is in your own hands. The company works to develop its leaders. Good quality furniture at competitive prices.

Cons

Retail hours are hard, but not more than other companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

Need to develop new hires in a more consistent way.

11. Not terrible but not great

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Weekly pay, decent hours and doesn't demand too much time. Easy to continue school.

Cons

Gossip and slight favoritism, no guarantee on moving up in the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed