Raymour & Flanigan Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Bad management from top to bottom.

Current Employee - Home Furnishings Consultant
    Current Employee - Home Furnishings Consultant

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can make a lot of money as sales associate.

Cons

Poor operations management at best. Have to rely on too many people to get your income if you are in sales.

Advice to Management

Get some quality control in the distribution centers.

2. I think the company is very fair. You do get what you put into the job it can be very rewarding with with some effort.

Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Showroom Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, profit sharing,open door policy

Cons

Hours / This is retail

Advice to Management

There needs to be more consistency from store to store.

3. Review

Former Employee - Line Cook in West Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Line Cook in West Warwick, RI

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discount on food while working

Cons

not very clean to work at

5. A great Company

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Great Management at the store and regional level

Cons

The sales floor is not always stocked with furniture and can become difficult to make your draw

The MOST horrible work environment I ever had the misfortune to work in.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely NON! It is simply the worst company I have ever worked in. Besides befriending some of my co-workers there is nothing good about this experience.

Cons

This is the epitome of a fear based work environment. If you complain you will be ignored or dismissed; on average employees stay 3 to 6 months before leaving; favoritism and cheating the customer is common place and rewarded; the mission to sell is simple: take as much money possible from the customer even if it means tricking them into signing off on a loan they don't understand, it doesn't matter if they can't pay as long as we get the money we will look the other way; also they will ask you for favors like coming in on a day you're not scheduled to work and staying late by attempting to guilt trip you with "Do it for the team!" or "An extra opportunity to make money!" but as soon as you need a day off or request some time off they throw you in the fire, criticize you and your performance, and make it seem like a capital offense; my uncle died while working there and they didn't care, they said his death and my time of grief is not company policy so I was marked absent and my pay deducted just so I can attend his wedding; did I mention that when I was there they expected you to sell $10k worth of furniture per week and if you didn't they subtract it from your pay which they call deficit. Between the holidays you get so into deficit that you may never get out. It's the companies way to ensure they get paid back and it doesn't change by location, rich or poor area you're screwed. Oh and I think some of the recruiters are racist. I'm not white and I told them I was raised in private schools my whole life, and I only speak a little bit of spanish. I then find myself working in one of the poorest areas in Manhattan as the Spanish representative and I'm expected to sell 10k from the start. What a surprise that in one week I only sold $500 since everyone else had to place things on hold because they were waiting for their next check. Though I don't blame the customers I blame the company for unfairly expecting me to sell the same amount of furniture as in more affluent areas with some customers so hostile with my 'white sounding' accent that they flat out refused to speak to me. Management was also incompetent and they didn;t even attempt to help the sales team. They were there to uphold the status quo. As former salesman themselves they helped some of the sales team rip off the customers knowing full well they would be in the store in a week or so screaming. They even inadvertently told us to be more 'aggressive' while selling aka lie to them. While not using those terms I knew what they were referring to. Oh and the other sale reps, the ones most liked by management, steal your sales by re-writing your tickets in their name. Management also does nothing when theft is pointed out. The thief has one story backed by the manager who tires to say its a he said she said but then after calling the customer I was told that they did indeed receive a phone call from someone else who re-wrote my sale over the phone in their name. I was then slammed by HR for involving the customer and the thief just laughed. Horrible, horrible, horrible. And I love how the owners come into the store and attempt to pedal their, "we want you to feel that this a mom and pa store so we're always visiting our locations." Later, you can hear them laughing and discussing their multiple 2 week vacations per year. Every other month they were on vacation, it's ridiculous. Lastly, Aetna was so expensive I had to give up my coverage. So pulling 60 to 80 hour weeks without health insurance. Just horrible! I can't say it enough.

7. somewhat low pay. High expectations

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close relations with both the store and regional managers in a proffesional environment. Good work life balance in all positions with the exception of store/sales managers and salesmen.

Cons

pay has not been raised in relation to minimum wage increasing. Sometimes unachievable goals for sales people. Disconnect between store management and operations team.

Advice to Management

Operations and store management need to communicate better. Store management should consult backroom/ops team before making major decisions that affect their work environment.

8. Worst place to sell ever

Former Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant in Brick, NJ
    Former Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant in Brick, NJ

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a roof over your head

Cons

Too many hours, too many sales people and you can't make a deal without 3 levels of management getting involved.
    Late nights, every weekend and your almost always in deficit with your draw.

Advice to Management

Get out of the 50's and treat your sales people like adults.

They are not in the furniture business they are in the real estate business...

Former Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Furniture Sales Consultant

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing about this company was positive.

Cons

Promise that you will make a lot of money, but the only one who is making money is them. They take money out of your commission for everything. They charge you for financing, sale pricing and anything else they can think of. They promise you that you will make commission on gross profit which should be half of the selling price not even close after they take out what they want out of your commission. Last but not least you are forced to work hours where you can' t earn commission and owe the money back to the company.

Advice to Management

All of the managers should be on the same page as far as commission rules but they are not. The sales people run your stores not the managers.

Good

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Work life balance is rough

Advice to Management

None

11. If your a hustler you will succeed strongest market is nyc. if you are in a city store you will make 50k-70k no problem.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bronx, NY

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan

Pros

Weekly pay, great pay, training is decent

Cons

Be prepared to work 60 hours/6 days a week. No base pay . 100% commission. Management usually has no education. There promoted from the warehouse or customer service so that they could be ran like puppets. Pay for your own benefits dental vision health .

Advice to Management

Treat you consultants right you claim 15% commission . I sold 1,300,000 that's right presidents club member . And only made 90k. That is a mere 7%. Let's stop the bravado Neil and Michael goldberg.

RSS Feed </> Embed