Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

Raytheon Applied Signal Technology President Dr. John R. Treichler

Dr. John R. Treichler

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great co-workers

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the smartest people I have ever worked with.

ConsThe Raytheon buyout added bureaucracy.

Some offices and groups are like family, but dealing with corporate never gets better

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExciting Technologies. Mostly family friendly scheduling. Worked with some very competent people. Good place to start a career.

ConsBeing a public company has eaten the soul out of a small company, then dropped it in the belly of bigger fish. While Dr. Treichler works to protect the little guy, benefits go down each year to meet the demands of first the market, then Raytheon. Just adds more bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay engineers what they're worth. It's demoralizing to hang around in a company that won't look at the market around you.

Overrated Government Contractor

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros-Salary is Above Average
-You can work from home from time to time(though it is somewhat discouraged)
-Job Security - you won't get laid off.

Cons-You have to get lucky and get assigned to the right team or the people. You could end up working with a great team or some real jerks.

-I was hired as a Software Engineer. Because a lot of the more experienced people had left, there was little one-on-one training. I was given more QA type tasks.

-Through the interview process you get the idea you would be lucky to work there. After working there you realize that you are getting interviewed because there is a lot of turnover. A lot of people have left in the past couple years. Some of it due to Raytheon taking over, others because of management.

-There is a distortion field about how good of place it is to work. Of all the employees who have left in the last year-none of them have come back(and AST should take them). For a dev shop, it's really below average.

-It's good if you have been there awhile, you can choose what you do. If not you get stuck with the stuff no one else wants to do. If you get hired be prepared for grunt work.

-This is personal preference, but there should be at least somewhat of a dress code. People in flip flops and shorts and crazy beards make the workplace feel sloppy.

Advice to Senior Management-Make the workplace more professional. One manager I had was pretty juvenile.

I just came back after leaving for a year.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent management
Great group of people to work with
Interesting projects

ConsThe work is fast paced with many projects. There aren't many chances to settle in to work on the same thing for extended periods.

Still converting to Raytheon procedures after the buyout a year and a half ago.

Worked for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology reviews and ratings in Salt Lake City, UT — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology CEO Dr. John R. Treichler. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon Applied Signal Technology employees.