Raytheon Pikewerks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michael Ring

Used to be an exciting and innovative place to work.

Research Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay for the area is good. Great benefits. Open office environment. Lots of smart people to work with. 2 excellent company trips a year.

ConsExtremely high turnover. The company has hovered between 40 to 50 people for over two years and a recent email boasted 18 new hires in the past year. It fails to mention the 14 that left in the same period. Expect to be tossed on many different projects at once and around as people leave and billing hours need to remain high. When you start management will love you until they grow tired of you when they hire a few new bodies. Whatever you make the day you start is what you will make the day you leave, despite positive reviews which say you are one of the most productive employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember how you used to treat your employees as an asset rather than a cog to use up to increase your billable hours for mothership Raytheon.

"Young" culture, few opportunities for advancement

Huntsville, AL

ProsThere's a lot of smart people here, and a lot of really cool research projects. Good benefits. Performance bonuses. If you're the best and brightest, and want to do truly cutting-edge research in cyber, this is the place to go.

ConsPay increases are only COL adjustments. Few or no opportunities for advancement. We're part of a large company, with the large company BS slowly creeping in, but still have the limited horizons of a small company. I've grown as much as I can here, and I'll have to go somewhere else to keep growing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a mentorship program, or a career path program, or some way to help experienced/skilled employees to step up to higher responsibilities. Our corporate parent has all this, we just need to bring it to this subsidiary.

Worked for Raytheon Pikewerks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Pikewerks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon Pikewerks CEO Michael Ring . All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon Pikewerks employees.