Raytheon Pikewerks

www.pikewerks.com

Raytheon Pikewerks Reviews

2.5

Michael Ring

Used to be an exciting and innovative place to work.

Current Employee - Research Engineer
    Current Employee - Research Engineer

I have been working at Raytheon Pikewerks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay for the area is good. Great benefits. Open office environment. Lots of smart people to work with. 2 excellent company trips a year.

Cons

Extremely high turnover. The company has hovered between 40 to 50 people for over two years and a recent email boasted 18 new hires in the past year. It fails to mention the 14 that left in the same period. Expect to be tossed on many different projects at once and around as people leave and billing hours need to remain high. When you start management will love you until they grow tired of you when they hire a few new bodies. Whatever you make the day you start is what you will make the day you leave, despite positive reviews which say you are one of the most productive employees.

Remember how you used to treat your employees as an asset rather than a cog to use up to increase your billable hours for mothership Raytheon.

"Young" culture, few opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Raytheon Pikewerks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a lot of smart people here, and a lot of really cool research projects. Good benefits. Performance bonuses. If you're the best and brightest, and want to do truly cutting-edge research in cyber, this is the place to go.

Cons

Pay increases are only COL adjustments. Few or no opportunities for advancement. We're part of a large company, with the large company BS slowly creeping in, but still have the limited horizons of a small company. I've grown as much as I can here, and I'll have to go somewhere else to keep growing.

Add a mentorship program, or a career path program, or some way to help experienced/skilled employees to step up to higher responsibilities. Our corporate parent has all this, we just need to bring it to this subsidiary.

Worked for Raytheon Pikewerks? Contribute to the Community!