Raytheon Reviews

1,701 Employee Reviews

Raytheon

Former Employee - Logistics in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Logistics in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't beat the pay and benefits. 9/80 work schedule with a Christmas shutdown.

Cons

Horribly managed. No quantifiable promotion criteria. Engineering company being run by engineers. But most employees are not engineers and engineers are not very good with people. Only through rumors did employees find out the branch president was gradually moving jobs to another state where he is planning to retire. NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Raytheon-N.Texas

Former Employee - Senior Production Specialist in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Production Specialist in McKinney, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive and innovative technology that sets the standard in military defense products. Excellent benefits and decent pay. Everyone for the most part is professional, knowledgeable and supportive in regards to the products. They allow you to freely work with little micro managing from management. They're very proactive in safety protocols for the employees and providing safe work environment. Promote good health values for everyone,(exercise programs and healthy eating), and promote diversity within. Raytheon is very Six Sigma oriented culture and majority from the top management down to the production employee carry a sense of pride of the products to support our military. Finally, Raytheon is very proactive in community services from their mathematical programs which helps promote these skills for the youth, to a decent intern program for college students. Decent profit sharing program.

Cons

Unstable job security and lack of effective communications from management when dealing with time sensitive issues. "Witch Hunt" like mentality from management & quality when errors occur. A small error which can be corrected quickly but becomes an unnecessary over dramatic ordeal from management, thus creating the "Witch Hunt"like thinking,(Who will get thrown under the bus and made an example of?). Instead they should focus more on effective corrective actions and better training to better educate the employee to avoid future and wasteful errors. Be proactive and stop being reactive. Also, Way to many audits from quality. Engineers need to be more receptive with ideas from the production employee as well as more respectful and mindful of the production employees time. We start at 6AM not 9AM. You should be there at 6AM to better support the program and stop the country club mentality like thinking showing up when ever y'all feel like. Finally, work/life balance needs improving due to unnecessary overtime due to insufficient planning and scheduling from management and always trying to pull the pervial rabbit out at the eleventh hour at every month end,(unnecessary stress), It gets old really quick.

Advice to Management

Promote a better effective communications about company news, policies, and procedures and provide a better work/life balance company. It wouldn't hurt to walk the production floor from time to time and meet the folks who afford you those big salaries and bonuses you make. Show some human compassion or better yet, roll up a sleeve and join us for day in our shoes.

3. Finance Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Rotational Programs
    Pension Program for those that qualified
    Flexible work arrangements
    Decent benefits

Cons

Lack of innovation in the functions outside engineering
    Command and control bereaucracy
    limited career and advancement opportunities for majority of high performers

Advice to Management

provide stepping stones to younger employees and strengthen leadership in middle management

5. Proposal Analyst

I have been working at Raytheon full-time

Pros

Work with different disciplines across the company, such as, engineering, supply chain, finance. You also work heavily with DCAA and DCMAA.

Cons

The department was extremely small. No movement upward.

6. Corporate FA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Options to work from home. Starting salary for inexperienced degreed individuals is good. Benefits are average nothing special.

Cons

I do think the medical plan that was in use before I got there, well from what I heard, was way better than the options now. You can find yourself with a lot of downtime if you catch on to processes quickly.

7. Engineeing

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

It was great easy simple interview.

Cons

they are vary harsh on their questions.

Big company, doesn't care about employees

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Garland, TX

I worked at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company, uses cutting edge technologies, good place to build your resume and learn stuff.

Cons

Get reassigned to different projects yearly once contract ends. So cannot establish a strong relationship with the team management and hence they treat you like just man hours. Gets yelled at if you don't finish the work on time even if the deadline is unreasonable with severely under resourced. They just don't care, priority is to satisfy the customers and get business/profit. Turn over ratio is high due to below market pay, management is aware of it, but care less. Hires new grads right out of school and expect them to be the know all guy and get work done on time if not gets yelled at. Lot of cursing goes around during meetings, lacks professionalism severely.

9. I love it here.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people and the hands on experience and the pay is great too with good benefits. Sometimes when contracts come in we have to stay late to work but usually the work life balance is good.

Cons

Wish we got paid for some of our overtime and Ron overlook great potential just because they are young they might be smarter than the old people.

Advice to Management

Be more efficient with charge numbers.

10. my overview

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Great internship. You actually get to do real work and contribute.

Cons

The initial process to get situated takes time and things seem uncoordinated.

11. procurement

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

pay, benefits, ability to advance, management style and professionalism, and 9/80 work weeks

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Showing 1,701 of 1,764 reviews